Using goggles without Phone/Tablet
7197 13 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Solucki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669298 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 4. I am considering getting the goggles but I've heard that you still need a phone/tablet to get it out of beginner mode. Is this still an issue or has it been addressed.  I really want use this without having to use anything else. I want to use the controller, P4 and goggles ONLY.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Solucki. You can actually use the DJI Goggles and activate it without a mobile phone or tablet. You may watch this video tutorial on how you can fully activate your DJI Goggles. Feel free to contact us if you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
Solucki
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 08:32
Hi, Solucki. You can actually use the DJI Goggles and activate it without a mobile phone or tablet. You may watch this video tutorial on how you can fully activate your DJI Goggles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWv88cCMNMM. Feel free to contact us if you need our assistance. Thank you.

link is broken. what should i search for?
2018-5-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

As far as I'm aware there is no way at present to overcome the 30m altitude and 50m radial restrictions (this is not beginner mode) without initiating the aircraft with a device running a previously logged in copy of DJI Go 4.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Solucki Posted at 2018-5-22 09:56
link is broken. what should i search for?

I am sorry about that video. Try to click on this link https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dji+goggles+activation.
2018-5-22
Use props
Solucki
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-22 09:56
As far as I'm aware there is no way at present to overcome the 30m altitude and 50m radial restrictions (this is not beginner mode) without initiating the aircraft with a device running a previously logged in copy of DJI Go 4.

That has to be done each time you start it up? There is no way around this? Would be nice if DJI could fix this deficiency. Do you think they will?
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Solucki Posted at 2018-5-22 11:01
That has to be done each time you start it up? There is no way around this? Would be nice if DJI could fix this deficiency. Do you think they will?

Hello, Solucki. I am sorry for this inconvenience. For Phantom 4, it really requires us to use a mobile phone or tablet in order for us to work with your DJI Goggles. That is the only way as well that we can remove the beginner mode. But, we do have our new Phantom 4 v2.0 that has occusync and designed to work with our DJI Goggles. For more information you may click on this link: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#faq
2018-5-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

"That has to be done each time you start it up?"

That's correct, An alternative use, is to add an HDMI module to P4 RC, and use the HDMI to connect goggles (no control via goggles though); but a device running DJI Go 4 would still need to be connected to USB to get rid of the flight restrictions (It is not beginner mode as DJI Natalia suggests).

The Mavic Pro, and the new P4 Pro V2 are much simpler operation, yes a device running DJI Go 4 is still required. But the Ocusync wireless link to Goggles gives them a fully functional connection without having to swap anything about.
2018-5-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 11:18
Hello, Solucki. I am sorry for this inconvenience. For Phantom 4, it really requires us to use a mobile phone or tablet in order for us to work with your DJI Goggles. That is the only way as well that we can remove the beginner mode. But, we do have our new Phantom 4 v2.0 that has occusync and designed to work with our DJI Goggles. For more information you may click on this link: https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#faq

The 30m altitude & 50 flight radius restriction is not beginner mode, it was a 'safety feature' added in P4 firmware 02.00.0106.

From the release notes:-

Overview • Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106

For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you for your response. You may still use the DJI Goggles (connected to your RC) for your Phantom 4 aircraft, but there will be a flight restriction. In order for us to get rid of the flight restriction, it is still recommended to use a mobile phone/tablet that has DJI go 4 apps up and running. Like what Aardvark said, we have our new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 released that has an ocusync feature that gives full functionality to your DJI Goggles.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-22 12:41
"That has to be done each time you start it up?"

That's correct, An alternative use, is to add an HDMI module to P4 RC, and use the HDMI to connect goggles (no control via goggles though); but a device running DJI Go 4 would still need to be connected to USB to get rid of the flight restrictions (It is not beginner mode as DJI Natalia suggests).

Thank you Aardvark for correcting my mistake.
2018-5-23
Use props
Solucki
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for all the feedback. I have a P4 that I use for work and a Mavic Air that I use for fun.  Maybe I will look into the Mavic pro or P4 V2 in the future.  I just ordered the goggles and I will give them a go.  Just an opinion but I think it would be nice to be able to log into your account through the goggles and bypass the use of a phone/tablet altogether. I hope DJI will implement this for goggles V2.
2018-5-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Solucki Posted at 2018-5-23 13:00
Thanks for all the feedback. I have a P4 that I use for work and a Mavic Air that I use for fun.  Maybe I will look into the Mavic pro or P4 V2 in the future.  I just ordered the goggles and I will give them a go.  Just an opinion but I think it would be nice to be able to log into your account through the goggles and bypass the use of a phone/tablet altogether. I hope DJI will implement this for goggles V2.

I made a similar suggestion a couple of weeks ago to one of the DJI Admins, insomuch that the log in to account needed to update Goggles via Assistant 2 could also act as a registered login on aircraft to remove these limitations. I could understand the 'safety' aspect had it only applied where RC without display was being used to control aircraft. But FPV view in goggles is superior to that on most display devices, so in that respect it is at least as safe as using display device connected to RC. And having a spotter (U.K requirement, and probably common practice) would make their use as safe as possible.
2018-5-23
Use props
djiuser_1kcPyQqgGcef
New

United States

Hi there, I have a DJI Avata I purchased recently. I'm having this issue where Everytime I record a video, it's very clear in my goggles but once I save them to my iphone by connecting the USB to the drone, the videos come out very blurry. Any tips on how to fix this?? Thank you
2023-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules