Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 standard Calibrating problems
9805 17 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andywrx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137690 ft

Hi all, I'm having problems calibrating the compass on my phantom 3 standard.....drone and controller and DJI app all on and synced, then I press calibrate compass and do the 360 horizontal and get green lights, BUT then I do the vertical 360 and the lights go red and message saying "calibration failed magnetic interference". I'm stood in the middle of a field, so I keep trying and it keeps falling the vertical calibration, but sometimes I turn it off and back on again and it doesn't need calibrating and allows me to fly it. Why does it keep falling the vertical calibration when the only magnetic interference it's getting has got to be coming from the gimbal. Please, please help.

Thanks in advance from a very frustrated 58 year old.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Andywrx. I am sorry for the frustration on this issue. I am very much willing to help you with your concern. It is recommended to power off the aircraft, calibrate the compass in a different place and then fly again.
2018-5-22
Use props
Andywrx
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 09:37
Hi, Andywrx. I am sorry for the frustration on this issue. I am very much willing to help you with your concern. It is recommended to power off the aircraft, calibrate the compass in a different place and then fly again.

I've tried everything, power on/off, moved location I've watched YouTube videos and tried all different ways BUT it won't do the vertical part of the calibration.
Thanks anyway.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andywrx Posted at 2018-5-22 09:52
I've tried everything, power on/off, moved location I've watched YouTube videos and tried all different ways BUT it won't do the vertical part of the calibration.
Thanks anyway.

Thank you for your response. How about updating/refreshing the firmware of your aircraft? You may click on this link http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... Update_Guide_en.pdf to check the steps on how to perform the firmware upgrade.
2018-5-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is there a particular reason you are trying to calibrate the compass?
Normally it's not required at all.

If you have a repeated failure to calibrate at different locations, the cause is usually a broken compass wire or a disconnected cable.
Go to the Sensors section of your app settings and see what it shows for the compass.
If you see numbers, the compass is connected.
If you see zero, your compass is not connected.
2018-5-22
Use props
Andywrx
lvl.2

Yes, the reason being is that when I turn it on it keeps coming up with the compass calibration error message in the top status bar and when I click on it and open the aircraft status page it's showing compass error and asking me to calibrate the compass.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andywrx Posted at 2018-5-22 13:54
Yes, the reason being is that when I turn it on it keeps coming up with the compass calibration error message in the top status bar and when I click on it and open the aircraft status page it's showing compass error and asking me to calibrate the compass.

Hi, Andywrx. I am wondering if you were able to update/refresh the firmware via SD card. And please let me know the result or feedback. Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
Andywrx
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 14:22
Hi, Andywrx. I am wondering if you were able to update/refresh the firmware via SD card. And please let me know the result or feedback. Thank you.

Hi, this seems to be an intermittent fault because on the odd occasion the drone works it says "firmware latest version" and "compass normal", but today I couldn't get it to fly at all because it was coming up with the compass calibration problem and still wouldn't let me do the vertical calibration, still getting green lights on the horizontal. Today it was also doing red with flashing green and amber lights and saying compass magnetic interference, calibrate.......I'm losing all faith in it. Help please.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andywrx Posted at 2018-5-23 10:09
Hi, this seems to be an intermittent fault because on the odd occasion the drone works it says "firmware latest version" and "compass normal", but today I couldn't get it to fly at all because it was coming up with the compass calibration problem and still wouldn't let me do the vertical calibration, still getting green lights on the horizontal. Today it was also doing red with flashing green and amber lights and saying compass magnetic interference, calibrate.......I'm losing all faith in it. Help please.

I am sorry if you are having difficulty calibrating the compass. Perform the compass calibration in an open field without any metal and that should include yourself. If in case that this will not resolve the issue, then I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility to diagnose the problem and repair it. You may click on this link to start submitting the request for a repair: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
2018-5-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't think you can do a factory reset on a P3S.
2018-5-23
Use props
Andywrx
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-23 10:26
I am sorry if you are having difficulty calibrating the compass. Try to connect your aircraft to your computer and launch the DJI assistant 2. Then reset it to factory settings and perform the upgrade. Perform the compass calibration in an open field without any metal and that should include yourself. If in case that this will not resolve the issue, then I highly recommend to send in the unit to our facility to diagnose the problem and repair it. You may click on this link to start submitting the request for a repair: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index

Thanks Natalia.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You are most welcome.
2018-5-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Andywrx Posted at 2018-5-23 10:09

I'm losing all faith in it. Help please.
Did you read post #5?
2018-5-23
Use props
fans97dc8c42
New
Belgium

My calibration of the imu dont work it stop at 1% its give an error
2022-8-26
Use props
djiuser_u06XiMt8ghVm
New

United States

Is there life after edu errors, I bought a new board and still get edu error, what can I do now, I even changed the compass
Johnny
2022-9-11
Use props
djiuser_u06XiMt8ghVm
New

United States

I mean esc errors
2022-9-11
Use props
djiuser_u06XiMt8ghVm
New

United States

If your drone doesn't promp you for a upgrade, can you upgrade anyway, so I can't make it take it, are there a way?
2022-9-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Andywrx Posted at 2018-5-22 09:52
I've tried everything, power on/off, moved location I've watched YouTube videos and tried all different ways BUT it won't do the vertical part of the calibration.
Thanks anyway.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
2022-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules