Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
engravosaurus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48704 ft

United States

Hi
Have p4p+ (built in screen)

On the RC there are 4 icons upper left, the rightmost one is a folded fan which I have used in the past to obtain maps.

Now if I tap it, it clicks but then nothing happens; no options to download.

All else is working fine.  Am connected to wifi.  

Any idea why the folded fan stopped working, cannot download maps?

Thanks.

2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, engravosaurus. The main cause of this issue is that the map is not cached before flight. It is recommended to cache the map with Internet before flight.
2018-5-22
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 09:42
Hi, engravosaurus. The main cause of this issue is that the map is not cached before flight. It is recommended to cache the map with Internet before flight.

Hi Do not understand.  I am hitting the icon before the flight, sitting on the ground. And the icon is on the RC, the folded fan in the upper left of the RC.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-22 09:47
Hi Do not understand.  I am hitting the icon before the flight, sitting on the ground. And the icon is on the RC, the folded fan in the upper left of the RC.

Are you trying to download the map offline? Can you post a screenshot so that I can further review on it. Thank you!
2018-5-22
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

Am connected to wifi.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you for your response. Just to confirm when you click on that icon it does not show any available map. Right? If that will be the case, try to reset your remote controller and update it with the latest firmware version. You may watch this video on how to upgrade the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller, . Hope this will resolve the issue.
2018-5-22
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

Hi.  Right, shows no maps.
RC says I have the latest version v01.04.01.00 and
when watching the video I see the video does not have the icon
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-22 11:57
Hi.  Right, shows no maps.
RC says I have the latest version v01.04.01.00 and
when watching the video I see the video does not have the icon

Thank you for your response, Engravosaurus. May I know how did you update the firmware of your remote controller?
2018-5-22
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 12:17
Thank you for your response, Engravosaurus. May I know how did you update the firmware of your remote controller? If it is possible as well to update/refresh the firmware of your remote controller using our DJI assistant 2 that is installed on your computer?

how updated? long ago, do not recall; probably ON THE RC hitgear then
system settings then
update

Asst v1.2 does not recognize the controller, does not appear on the screen

2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-22 12:23
how updated? long ago, do not recall
Asst v1.2 does not recognize the controller, does not appear on the screen

That is pretty weird. But we still have other way to update/refresh the firmware of your remote controller. Please watch this video for us to update it via SD card,
2018-5-22
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 12:26
That is pretty weird. But we still have other way to update/refresh the firmware of your remote controller. Please watch this video for us to update it via SD card, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNjPyw0jov8

re-installed as per video, RC rebooted
icon still there
icon still does nothing save sound a click
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-22 13:07
re-installed as per video, RC rebooted
icon still there
icon still does nothing save sound a click

I see. Kindly follow these steps:

1. Go to settings.
2. Go to system settings.
3. Tap on Apps, then tap on ALL.
4. Scroll down and look for DJI Go 4 app.
5. Scroll down again and tap on Clear Data. (PS. please take note that this will delete all the files that saves on your app. You may want to sync your flight record or do back up before confirming this clear data).
6. Then hit on the back button until you reached the main menu.
7. Alternatively, select the task manager and closed the settings.
8. Wait for a few seconds until the DJI Go 4 app start initializing.
9. Then after a few seconds it will show the Terms of Use and tap on I agree.
10. It will prompted you to sign in to your DJI account.
11. Once complete, the main menu will load and you need to click on map icon.
12. It should show all the countries. And if you select one, different regions will show up and you can start downloading.
13. If in case it is still not show up, go back to settings, then system settings.
14. Scroll down to back and reset and choose factory data reset. (PS. Again this will delete all the files saves on this app, you may want to do back up settings before you perform this part.)

I hope this will resolve the issue. Thanks!
2018-5-22
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

done as you say
icon still there; does nothing except to click

am beginning to feel that you do not know what the problem is
that you are just blindly trying this and that
is there anyone who knows the problem and can fix it with one step?
thank you
2018-5-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

LoL - Don't waste your time, it is not working any more/at the moment. It was not mentioned in the release notes but soon after in the comments.
You need to be online and then zoom around the area you plan to flight, then it will cache the maps. only positive as is now is that you can have the sat overlay cached too.
2018-5-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-22 13:46
I see. Kindly follow these steps:

1. Go to settings.

Hi Natalia
It seem that not just did we as users not get any information of this change but it also look like the internal reference at dJI has not been updated.
After latest FW release on the GL300E aka Plus(+) controller your step 11+12 is no longer working, the only way to have the maps onboard when offliine in the field is to scroll around the planned flight area beforehand.

This seem to be due to a change from Here maps over to Mapbox maps.

2018-5-22
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-22 22:51
Hi Natalia
It seem that not just did we as users not get any information of this change but it also look like the internal reference at dJI has not been updated.
After latest FW release on the GL300E aka Plus(+) controller your step 11+12 is no longer working, the only way to have the maps onboard when offliine in the field is to scroll around the planned flight area beforehand.

thank you, I will stop mindlessly doing this, doing that, doing something else trying to fix
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-23 06:06
thank you, I will stop mindlessly doing this, doing that, doing something else trying to fix

I am sorry if those steps that I provided does not resolved the issue. I'll forward this concern to our developer team. Kindly check your PM, I sent you a message to get some details/information for me to add on this concern and forward it to the relevant department. Thank you as well for your understanding and cooperation. Have a great day!
2018-5-23
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-23 07:06
I am sorry if those steps that I provided does not resolved the issue. I'll forward this concern to our developer team. Kindly check your PM, I sent you a message to get some details/information for me to add on this concern and forward it to the relevant department. Thank you as well for your understanding and cooperation. Have a great day!

Hi
I see no PM but clearly the issue is larger than me anyway.
Thank you
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-23 10:45
Hi
I see no PM but clearly the issue is larger than me anyway.
Thank you

Please re-check your PM. Thank you.
2018-5-23
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-23 10:52
Please re-check your PM. Thank you.

•        
        •        
Name: Loren Engrav
        •        
Email: engrav@pobox.com
        •        
Brief description of the issue:
  • folded fan icon on RC screen clicks but then does nothing;
  • folded fan icon is not present on many dji videos;
  • Asst app (v V1.2.0 2/26/18)does not see the RC
        •        
DJI Go App firmware version: v4.2.6 5/22/18
        •        
Aircraft firmware version: v01.05.0600 3/15/18
        •        
Remote firmware version: v01.04.01.00 5/1/18
        •        
Mobile device model used (if any): none is p4p+
        •        
Mobile device operating system (if any): none is p4P+

thank you
when will I receive a response please?

2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-23 11:01
•        
        •        
Name: Loren Engrav
        •        
Email: engrav@pobox.com

Thank you for your response. I already forwarded this concern to our Developer team. Unfortunately, we do not have the exact timeframe for the feedback, but rest assured that I will notify you immediately once I receive it from them. Have a great day!
2018-5-23
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-23 11:28
Thank you for your response. I already forwarded this concern to our Developer team. Unfortunately, we do not have the exact timeframe for the feedback, but rest assured that I will notify you immediately once I receive it from them. Have a great day!

thanks

I made a reminder to check on it in a month

2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-23 14:01
thanks

I made a reminder to check on it in a month

You are most welcome. Have a great day!
2018-5-23
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

Hi Natalia
After latest FW release on the GL300E aka Plus(+) controller your step 11+12 is no longer working, the only way to have the maps onboard when offliine in the field is to scroll around the planned flight area beforehand.

KedDK is correct.  This is not the first time it was addressed.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-145116-1-1.html
Had to cache them.  Button does not work......
2018-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im of no help chap but just for future reference its actuality a folded map with a Location pin in the middle,

This image may help to see it

2018-5-23
Use props
engravosaurus
lvl.2

United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-23 19:43
Im of no help chap but just for future reference its actuality a folded map with a Location pin in the middle,

Interesting.  Thanks.  Every time I said folded fan I wondered why a fan.
Question
How did you enlarge the image that much?  
ah ha, ignore, I see was a download
2018-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No worries chap
2018-5-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-23 19:43

I would call it an unfolded map, if folded it would just be a thin line.
Newer seen that version before, thanks.
2018-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lets split hairs and say semi folded lol ;)
2018-5-24
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-24 04:28
Lets split hairs and say semi folded lol ;)

Deal - but then i also have to say that this map has a very odd shape ...
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Natalia
After latest FW release on the GL300E aka Plus(+) controller your step 11+12 is no longer working, the only way to have the maps onboard when offliine in the field is to scroll around the planned flight area beforehand.

Hi KedDK, sorry for the inconvenience. Yes, there is a change from Here maps to Mapbox maps. The offline map function will be improved in the next firmware version of the DJI GO4 app for the P4P+, please be patient to wait for it, if there is an update, we'll let you know at the first time.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

engravosaurus Posted at 2018-5-23 06:06

Hi, really sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. Actually, we have forwarded this issue to our engineers, to know that the offline function for the P4P+ will be improved in the next firmware version of the DJI GO4 app, so please be patient to wait for the update. As KedDK mentioned, you can cache the maps before the flight, please refer to the steps below to cache the maps:
Connect your device to the Internet, open DJI GO4, go to the flying location on the map, zoom into the desired zoom level, scroll around on the map to load the map images in all areas where you want to fly.
Hope this can help, thanks!
2018-5-24
Use props
AdZaM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-24 20:21
Hi, really sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you. Actually, we have forwarded this issue to our engineers, to know that the offline function for the P4P+ will be improved in the next firmware version of the DJI GO4 app, so please be patient to wait for the update. As KedDK mentioned, you can cache the maps before the flight, please refer to the steps below to cache the maps:
Connect your device to the Internet, open DJI GO4, go to the flying location on the map, zoom into the desired zoom level, scroll around on the map to load the map images in all areas where you want to fly.
Hope this can help, thanks!

Hi Diana,

It has been 2 months since this problem was reported, Any insight as to when we will receive a firmware update to correct this issue ?
2018-7-31
Use props
fabrizionannini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 600577 ft
Italy

I had the exact same issue, and soon I'm going to a remote area in Africa where there is no connection at all. Not the first time that DJI help desk is worthless. And, no f*****g firmware upgrade to fix the issue too.
2019-2-6
Use props
flyhorse501
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354 ft
Australia

fabrizionannini Posted at 2019-2-6 07:38
I had the exact same issue, and soon I'm going to a remote area in Africa where there is no connection at all. Not the first time that DJI help desk is worthless. And, no f*****g firmware upgrade to fix the issue too.

not very professional is true, you need to update dji go4 app after RC controller firmware is updated, swipe down the built-in screen to show the hidden menu, there should be a reminder to ask you to download latest dji go4 app, install it, and restart it, your RC will be back to normal.
2020-9-7
Use props
flyhorse501
lvl.1
Flight distance : 354 ft
Australia

Phantom 4 pro plus has a built-in screen, actually the screen comes with a tailored Android system, system menu is hidden, you need to swipe down the screen to see it, even updating apps is a hard thing, there is no google play store, you can imagin how hard to install an app.I have a mavic 2, using my mobile phone as a control screen, quite easy to update DJI GO 4, so built-in screen is not an advantage but a trouble.

2020-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules