Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17333 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi DJI,

please be a bit more proactive - Android P is already running in public Beta, and both apps (latest on Playstore) crash miserably immediately after start.

Knowing how it usually goes, once Android P will be relased, it will take long months before apps will run again. So please, use the early developers programs and get your apps ready for the new OS releases - on time! Please!
2018-5-22
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Agreed. They keep sharing their list of "officially supported devices and saying they "cannot test all the Android device" yet they have the money to build a mega million dollar building: https://dronedj.com/2018/05/10/djis-new-head-offices-in-shenzhen-feature-a-skybridge-to-launch-drones-from/
2018-5-23
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Robstunner Posted at 2018-5-23 06:10
Agreed. They keep sharing their list of "officially supported devices and saying they "cannot test all the Android device" yet they have the money to build a mega million dollar building: https://dronedj.com/2018/05/10/djis-new-head-offices-in-shenzhen-feature-a-skybridge-to-launch-drones-from/

Fully agree with you - it's a miserable excuse!

The first device they should ever support is Google Nexus, or Pixel phone in modern times - reference phones for Android platform!

I was suggesting them a long time ago to get a proficient and smart team leader for APP development, but they are ignorant. I'll stop here.
2018-5-23
Use props
Robstunner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41483 ft
United States

Igor Bujanovic Posted at 2018-5-23 12:14
Fully agree with you - it's a miserable excuse!

The first device they should ever support is Google Nexus, or Pixel phone in modern times - reference phones for Android platform!

I agree. Its the "iphone" of android. Everything else should be based off of the pixel devices' app.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This will be forwarded to our engineers for review.
2018-5-25
Use props
LeroyWolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84288 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geez.. i just bought the Osmo Mobile 2 and boy what does this stink. I'm not gonna downgrade my Android because of this.
Guess i have to wait to actually use the Osmo 2. FML.
2018-6-22
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-25 01:32
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This will be forwarded to our engineers for review.

Dear Administrator,

it is 1.5 months later today, and I see no progress.

Could you please let us know WHEN will you finally start doing it right with the Android platform?

Thank you very much. Devoted (and angry) DJI customer since 2015).
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Igor Bujanovic Posted at 2018-7-8 05:58
Dear Administrator,

it is 1.5 months later today, and I see no progress.

We have not got any timeframe for now, sorry about this. If there is an update, we'll release asap, thanks for your attention.
2018-7-9
Use props
szechyjs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 04:30
We have not got any timeframe for now, sorry about this. If there is an update, we'll release asap, thanks for your attention.

This whole situation is so frustrating. As an Android developer myself I know that 9 times out of 10 the fix to this is to simply download the latest Android SDK/API (v28) and compile against it.

From looking at the current Android app release it is built against API v 25 (Nougat). This version is nearly 2 years old.
2018-7-9
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Thank you for your request. We have several steps to support Android P:
Preview 1 (initial release, alpha)
Preview 2 (incremental update, beta)
Preview 3 (final APIs and official SDK, Play publishing, beta)
Preview 4 (release candidate for testing)
Preview 5 (release candidate for final testing)
All works may last 3~4 months.
PS: The crash issue caused by Android P is already solved in 4.2.20.
2018-7-9
Use props
Titus-Adrian Dragan
New

Romania

Hello,

Can someone tell me if the DJI Go 4 works with Samsung S7 edge , Android version 8.0.0?. If yes which is the version?

Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
Titus-Adrian Dragan
New

Romania

Hello,

Can someone tell me if the DJI Go 4 works with Samsung S7 edge , Android version 8.0.0 ? If yes which is the version?
I want to pair the phone with Mavic air.

Thanks
2018-7-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Titus-Adrian Dragan Posted at 2018-7-12 03:16
Hello,

Can someone tell me if the DJI Go 4 works with Samsung S7 edge , Android version 8.0.0 ? If yes which is the version?

Hi there, we've received some feedback on the compatibility issue on Android 8.0, our engineers are working on it and will optimize in the further update. You may use the previous APP temporarily, I'll PM you later.
2018-7-13
Use props
szechyjs
lvl.2

adfp_88 Posted at 2018-7-9 22:59
Thank you for your request. We have several steps to support Android P:
Preview 1 (initial release, alpha)
Preview 2 (incremental update, beta)

4.2.20 definitely does not work on Android P. It crashes on start just like the previous release. I'm using a Pixel 2, which is the flagship Android phone. I don't understand why DJI doesn't do their testing on the flagship Android devices. If it doesn't work on pure Android, it has no hope on anything else.

I sent several more crash reports today, hopefully it'll get the attention of someone, but I won't get my hopes up.
2018-7-13
Use props
szechyjs
lvl.2

Also,I would like to note that this problem affects any app that uses the mobile SDK. Litchi, DroneBase, Kittyhawk, and DroneDeploy all crash at startup as well. I've contacted all of these developers and they have also confirmed it is a bug in the DJI mobile SDK, and their app will be broken until DJI releases a fix.
2018-7-13
Use props
szechyjs
lvl.2
United States

I got the 4.2.21 update yesterday and just like the 4.2.20 update it worked. However, today it is back to crashing on startup. I'm not sure what causes it to work for the first day after an update, then stop working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still doesn't work.
2018-7-18
Use props
djiuser_B9iIYizw2pEc
New

Why the f**k is everyone nagging about the app not working on a BETA version of Android P??? It's not officially out yet, so why does DJI have to have the app ready yet?

I'm not working for DJI, but if you like to run beta versions of android you know there are issues with certain apps, stop complaining!!!

Happy happy, joy joy
2018-7-19
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_B9iIYizw2pEc Posted at 2018-7-19 01:58
Why the f**k is everyone nagging about the app not working on a BETA version of Android P??? It's not officially out yet, so why does DJI have to have the app ready yet?

I'm not working for DJI, but if you like to run beta versions of android you know there are issues with certain apps, stop complaining!!!

You are wrong, very wrong.

The problem is that when the final version of Android is out, DJI needs long weeks and/or months to fix the issues.

Their crap support for Android platform is legendary ...

BTW, 4.2.21 is working fine on both Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL (Android 9).
2018-7-19
Use props
djiuser_B9iIYizw2pEc
New

Igor Bujanovic Posted at 2018-7-19 02:06

The problem is that when the final version of Android is out, DJI needs long weeks and/or months to fix the issues.

Maybe I was a bit cranky when I wrote that. Anyway, new to all this so i'll just wait and see. No problems with Android 8 at the moment.
2018-7-19
Use props
szechyjs
lvl.2
United States

After several uninstalls and reinstalls it is now working. Hopefully it stays that way.
2018-7-20
Use props
NeutrinoDes
New
Flight distance : 22100 ft
United States

have you been able to get the OTG cable to work with the update though? Every time i connect mine it just starts charging the controller and my phone doesnt recognize it as anything.

Pixel 2 XL running Latest Beta 9 build.
2018-7-21
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

NeutrinoDes Posted at 2018-7-21 16:50
have you been able to get the OTG cable to work with the update though? Every time i connect mine it just starts charging the controller and my phone doesnt recognize it as anything.

Pixel 2 XL running Latest Beta 9 build.

I'd like to report the following problem: the APP (both GO & GO4) do not crash anymore, but for instance, DJI GO for older drones is unable to connect to DJI Phantom (3SE).

It displays Inspire 1 (all variants) camera view button, and eventually connection to DJI Osmo (BT connection), but Phantom & Matrice are grayed out and I could not do anything to connect to my Phantom...

DJI, how about testing your products, question of all questions ???
2018-7-22
Use props
Shaner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10955 ft
United States

On Pixel 2 XL with .21 can confirm I get crashes and have to reinstall daily. Frustrating. I am on DP5 which is RC so for the money I pay for these items, DJI should be proactive and get these updated now.
2018-7-29
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Shaner Posted at 2018-7-29 12:51
On Pixel 2 XL with .21 can confirm I get crashes and have to reinstall daily. Frustrating. I am on DP5 which is RC so for the money I pay for these items, DJI should be proactive and get these updated now.

After the latest update, crashing is regular again.

Like I've already wrote, it will take too much time to get it right. They need someone smart at the technical manager position. It is not that difficult.

2018-7-29
Use props
DSanders
lvl.1
United States

Well Android P is officially out and the app still isn't working.  I know if two work arounds. Uninstall the app and reinstalling will let you use the app once.  Clearing the data isn't enough.  The other is to roll back to version 4.1.9 of the DJI Go App.  They should be embarrassed of how slow and uncommunicative they have been.
2018-8-8
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DSanders Posted at 2018-8-8 18:28
Well Android P is officially out and the app still isn't working.  I know if two work arounds. Uninstall the app and reinstalling will let you use the app once.  Clearing the data isn't enough.  The other is to roll back to version 4.1.9 of the DJI Go App.  They should be embarrassed of how slow and uncommunicative they have been.

As predicted. It looks they will never learn. Now long time to wait until they make things stable. Amateurs.
2018-8-10
Use props
salguerojuriya1
New

India

Returns with a cash ensure

Ketogen R What makes the keto weight loss application particular? It’s a excessive-fat, low-carb weight loss program that allows a mild number of protein. Maintaining carbohydrates low forces your frame to interchange from burning glucose to burning fat, and within the manner growing greater than your physique often need to. Those, in flip, then end up a give of gasoline – this system, referred to as ketosis, in actual fact turns you right into a fat burner in position of a sugar burner! And being a fats burner has any such number of different health advantages in a similar fashion to rapid, strong weight reduction, which we’ll dive into on this interesting and good timed new route. https://www.drozus.com/ketogen-rx-review/
2018-8-10
Use props
salguerojuriya1
New

India

Ketogen RX What makes the keto weight loss application particular? It’s a excessive-fat, low-carb weight loss program that allows a mild number of protein. Maintaining carbohydrates low forces your frame to interchange from burning glucose to burning fat, and within the manner growing greater than your physique often need to. Those, in flip, then end up a give of gasoline – this system, referred to as ketosis, in actual fact turns you right into a fat burner in position of a sugar burner! And being a fats burner has any such number of different health advantages in a similar fashion to rapid, strong weight reduction, which we’ll dive into on this interesting and good timed new route. https://www.drozus.com/ketogen-rx-review/
2018-8-10
Use props
Igor Bujanovic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Igor Bujanovic Posted at 2018-8-10 16:02
As predicted. It looks they will never learn. Now long time to wait until they make things stable. Amateurs.

DJI GO 4 updated and not crashing when starting under Android 9 (official release), but DJI GO for older drones is still crashing.

It's September 10th, Android 9 is officially released long time ago, application is still crashing?

DJI ????
2018-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules