Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Incorrect aperture value + heavily overexposed pictures
2763 14 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sky.Watcher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1543002 ft

Hi everyone, my first post, here

I started my adventure with DJI from problems...
Very often my camera settings are going weird: when switching from Aperture Priority Mode to Manual Mode (or vice versa) aperture becomes unadjustable (scrolls back to one setting, sometimes 5.6, sometimes different one).

Always after that bug aperture visible on app screen is completely incorrect as you see on example below, is f64 (maximum possible is f11). Sometimes it shows f1 (min is f2.8).

DJI GO 4 app problems

DJI GO 4 app problems

Also in photo mode shouldn't be shown remaining amount of images, instead of remaining capacity of filming?

Of course, wrong aperture value shown on the screen, wouldn't be big deal but it produces completely over-burned images.
I always use histogram and check visually how taken images look like. As you can see above, histogram is correct and image preview is pretty well balanced.
Taken picture (just after take-off), looks like this:
DJI_00078.jpg
Overexposed at least +2EV

My question is: should I return the equipment to DJI or maybe it's known software bug possible to correct through app settings (?)
The only solution at the moment is uninstalling the app, clearing cache and all data and installing fresh one. Lasts for a few take-offs, sometimes for one only...
(My controller device is Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android 7. DJI GO 4 app v. 4.2.14, latest firmware in drone and controller. Video caching on device is switched off.)
2018-5-22
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
South Korea

Check to see if your camera settings are on manual?
2018-5-22
Use props
Sky.Watcher
lvl.2

When bug appears, doesn't matter what mode is chosen in camera setting. In that case modes A, S, and M are unusable (aperture is not possible to change) only in Auto mode works (but not perfect as well).
Only reinstallation of the app helps.
I think it's not matter of obvious setting, must be something hidden deeper or just faulty equipment...
2018-5-22
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

You really do have an issue there.
Do you have a chance to use another Android device - better not 7.0/Nougat but below - and test it with it?
Or a buddy with an iOS device?
2018-5-22
Use props
Sky.Watcher
lvl.2

This is exactly what I'm going to do.. I will try tmrw on my pal's iPhone and see if issues still exist.
I thought, someone might have encountered such a problem here.
Android 7.0 is the highest version, which works on Galaxy S6
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sky.Watcher Posted at 2018-5-22 13:36
This is exactly what I'm going to do.. I will try tmrw on my pal's iPhone and see if issues still exist.
Android 7.0 is the highest version, which works on Galaxy S6

Thank you raising this concern. As of the moment, we are not considering this as a known issue. Let us know the result tomorrow after checking it on the other phone. Also, let me know as well if uninstall and reinstalling the app resolves the issue on your current mobile phone. Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
Sky.Watcher
lvl.2

Thank you Natalia, for quick reply!
As I mentioned before, re-installing of the DJI GO app, sometimes helps, sometimes not, but never for longer period of time...
Actually there is much more bugs visible, when I use the app, new malfunctions occur (proportionally to the time of usage).

An example from today:

As you see, I'm in sub-menu "Image Ratio" but I below file formats are shown instead of real "image ratio" settings...
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sky.Watcher Posted at 2018-5-22 14:38
Thank you Natalia, for quick reply!
As I mentioned before, re-installing of the DJI GO app, sometimes helps, sometimes not, but never for longer period of time...
Actually there is much more bugs visible, when I use the app, new malfunctions occur (proportionally to the time of usage).

I see. No worry, I will forward this to our developer team. Please check your PM as I need the other details that I need to include on this issue. Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
MitchBFL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87451 ft
United States

I too am having severe overexposure.  I took my phantom 3 pro on vacation and noticed I could hardly see the picture, even with it on auto.  There was a yellow circle that said exposure and a + sign that I'd never seen before.  Any way to correct this?
2018-7-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

MitchBFL Posted at 2018-7-5 17:30
I too am having severe overexposure.  I took my phantom 3 pro on vacation and noticed I could hardly see the picture, even with it on auto.  There was a yellow circle that said exposure and a + sign that I'd never seen before.  Any way to correct this?

It sounds like you've accidentally set the exposure compensation to overexpose your image.
If you look at the camera data line near the top centre of the screen.
What do you see under EV?If it shows something like EV +3.0 or EV +2.0, the exposure compensation is set to over expose.
To correct that use the thumbwheel on the right side of the controller.
Click, click until the EV field is highlighted.
Then dial it back closer to EV 0.
2018-7-5
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sky.Watcher Posted at 2018-5-22 13:36
This is exactly what I'm going to do.. I will try tmrw on my pal's iPhone and see if issues still exist.
Android 7.0 is the highest version, which works on Galaxy S6

You need to drop that back down to android 6 and see how you get on. if you use google and samsung to backup apps and app data then youve got nothing to lose, except maybe some hair whilst trying to root it ;)
2018-7-5
Use props
Sky.Watcher
lvl.2
Poland

I've just switched from android to iOS device and some errors are gone now (like overexposing issue) bu new ones appeared.
The worst is "Camera lens not detected" which cause unsharp images lacking any details
As previously errors show up from time to time (usually when I have commercial job to do) ;)

camera lens not detected cropp.jpg
2019-4-17
Use props
fans840bfc15
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

The image on DJI go app it seems to be overexposed is there a fix for this or what is it
16419529204019115612437661253816.jpg
16419529487283881699125696410071.jpg
164195307504544063565132219414.jpg
2021-12-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans840bfc15 Posted at 12-6 16:52
The image on DJI go app it seems to be overexposed is there a fix for this or what is it

In your case, the image is overexposed because you have the Exposure Compensation set to EV +0.7
Dial that back to zero or even slightly negative and it should fix your problem.
2021-12-6
Use props
fans840bfc15
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I've tried everything still no go I'm wondering if it's a core board issue
2022-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules