Changed Phantom Colors
1029 9 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Decided to do the prop color and change my stickers. It almost feels like I got a new Phantom

Phantom at BM.jpg
2015-5-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Looks good Stock! How do you like the FPVLR Stage 2? If that's what you have there. I've got one but haven't installed it yet. I dyed my rear props black and left the fronts white to make it easier to distinguish between front and back, works good.

Jerry
2015-5-12
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

Thanks Jerry.  I'm using the LHCP Phantom V2 Kit X3 that includes the 5.8ghz 8 turn helix antenna and I'm liking it a lot. I'm also using boosters so my range is as far as my batteries will let me fly when I'm away from everything and I'm getting about 2 miles in areas with lots of interference.
2015-5-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-5-13 08:44
Thanks Jerry.  I'm using the LHCP Phantom V2 Kit X3 that includes the 5.8ghz 8 turn helix antenna an ...

Stock,

Way past my level of knowledge! Where did you find that and how hard was the install?

Jerry
2015-5-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-5-13 09:31
Stock,

Way past my level of knowledge! Where did you find that and how hard was the install?

Just found it on fpvlr.com. Why did you choose that over one of the Stage kits? I don't know much about the antenna stuff. I'm sure you already guessed that.

Jerry
2015-5-12
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

The main reason i went with the X3 is cause it has all 3 antennas on one board. It is a convenience thing and thats it really. The difference from the stage 2 kit is you get one half sphere helix and one pinwheel antenna with the pinwheel giving you a omni directional signal good for flying around close. The X3 is 2 half sphere helix for the 2.4ghz and is more directional so i have to be pointed at my Phantom at all times to keep a good signal. I have a 2nd controller set up i use when i want a quick set up or flying close to me and that uses 1 pinwheel and one panel antenna on the fpv 2.4ghz signal and i found a cheap and small panel 5.8ghz antenna on Amazon that works really well that gives me about 2500' with no boosters and in heavy wifi areas .
2015-5-13
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-5-13 23:15
The main reason i went with the X3 is cause it has all 3 antennas on one board. It is a convenience  ...

Thanks for the info Stock. This is an area I need to learn more about before I start tearing things up. I bought the Stage 2 and the new Itelite panel. I also bought a 2nd tramitter and extender but haven't done anything with any of it yet. If you don't mind offering an opinion as you seem much more educated about this stuff than me, which route would you take? Or is there another option that may be better. I'd appreciate your opinion and certainly wouldn't hold you to it.

Jerry
2015-5-13
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

The 1st thing to do is think about how you like to fly and what do you want to do. My wife thinks I have gone overboard with my Phantom and to be honest she is probably right. I wanted range for when i am in the mountains, out on the lake or when we visit wifes family in Utah i will go fly in the desert. In this case you want good directional antennas. Directional antennas are like shooting your signal like a beam to the phantom and will give you more range. If you are wanting to film an object like a water fall, building, sunset or just fly crazy to have fun the omni directional antennas are best becuase it turns your signal into a bubble around you letting you fly over your head and behind you. You have some really good antennas allready and once you mod the controller and wifi extender with the rp-sma conectors you can change the antennas around as you wish. If you have any questions ill be more then happy to help how ever i can.
2015-5-13
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

stock12to32 Posted at 2015-5-14 00:26
The 1st thing to do is think about how you like to fly and what do you want to do. My wife thinks I  ...

Thanks again for the info. Like you, I also go overboard. I want to do everything! I guess I'll just have to make a decision and just go with it. I should probably do a little more reading first. I haven't check in on the Itelite stuff recently. I'm a little worried about swapping the antennas as I've read that the connectors are quite fragile and don't take to removing and reinstalling multiple times very well. Here in South Dakota It's wide open with very little interference so I get pretty decent range with the stock stuff. At the lake in Minnesota I start getting nervous at about halfway across the lake, it's probably about a bit over 2 miles straight across and about 3 to the furthest end. I'm not sure what kind of interference I might run into up there. Decisions, decisions. Thanks again for the input.

Jerry
2015-5-13
Use props
stock12to32
lvl.3

United States

When you mod your wifi extender and controller you will be adding the cable that is a U.FL connector on one end and a RP-SMA connector on the other end. The connector that attaches to the circuit board inside is the U.FL connector and that is the connector that is delicate. The RP-SMA connector is the one that the antennas attach to and as long as you are careful when screw on the antennas or extension cables to the RP-SMA you should not damage the connector. I remove my anntenas after my flights so i can fit everything in my case and I have never damaged a rp-sma conector.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules