Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video freeze after new file started
1061 18 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BSartist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 490318 ft
United States

I would appreciate knowing if others are having this problem on their P4P and if there is a confirmed F/W version that fixes it...

After the size limit is reached while recording a long continuous flight and a new file is opened up, about a half second or so into the new file, there is a freeze of about a half dozen frames and then the recording continues but of course the bird has moved ahead during that time so the video jumps ahead. It’s not the first half dozen frames in the new file. The new file starts out recording for, as I said, some brief period like half a second or so and then the brief freeze and all continues normally. This is a pretty new card and it’s an Extreme Pro which should be plenty fast enough so this should not be a throughput issue. Also I t only appears in that specific case and I think every time there is a spill over to a new file. It doesn’t happen on the first file.

I’d really like to avoid updating my firmware on blind hope it may get fixed. If, however, this is a known and documented bug that has been confirmed fixed in a later firmware, I’d consider upgrading as it keeps ruining shots.

Are folks just living with this? Or am I the only one seeing this.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, BSartist. May you please post a video or picture on this page. In order for us to review on your concern. Thank you.
2018-5-22
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

Sure thing. I’ll post an excerpt of the beginning of the file as the whole thing is probably too big.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BSartist Posted at 2018-5-22 14:53
Sure thing. I’ll post an excerpt of the beginning of the file as the whole thing is probably too big.

That's fine. We do appreciate it.
2018-5-22
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

I am posting four samples to dropbox. They are only the first 5 seconds of each file (no freezes appear after this point in each file). Each file is the second one opened in a long shoot after the max file size of 4.09GB was reached on the first file. Here are the links:

Clip 1: Freeze begins at 1 second in and lasts for 30 frames:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbgldm ... 20Clip%201.mov?dl=0

Clip 2: Freeze begins at 1 sec and 3 frames in and lasts for 26 frames:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e6yxs ... 20Clip%202.mov?dl=0

Clip 3: Freeze begins at 1 sec and 5 frames in and lasts for 25 frames:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m93jt1 ... 20Clip%203.mov?dl=0

Clip 4: Freeze begins at 1 sec and 4 frames in and lasts for 26 frames:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3g5a1 ... 20Clip%204.mov?dl=0

These were all shot yesterday. It appears as there was ONE instance of a second file shot yesterday which did not exhibit this problem. I have not included that here. But I mention it because it seems as though it happens ALMOST all the time. But maybe rarely it does not.

Thank you
Bill Smith
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BSartist Posted at 2018-5-22 15:37
I am posting four samples to dropbox. They are only the first 5 seconds of each file (no freezes appear after this point in each file). Each file is the second one opened in a long shoot after the max file size of 4.09GB was reached on the first file. Here are the links:

Clip 1: Freeze begins at 1 second in and lasts for 30 frames:

They are clipping from the original files on the SD card, right? Is the drone running the latest firmware V 01.05.0600? Please try to format the SD card or change another and test again for troubleshoot.
At the same time, I had also forwarded your case to the engineers to confirm. Will come back to you once we hear the news from them.
2018-5-22
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

Yes those are from the files off the SD card. I am on 1.03.509. I have not seen anything in the release notes for later versions that address any issue like this. I’m reluctant to update unless I know for sure that there is a fix for this in a later version. I will try a different card, hopefully tomorrow and let you know.
2018-5-22
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

I should also say that I have already tried formatting the card. It’s been formatted a few times.
2018-5-22
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

Oh i May have misunderstood your question. Those files were created from the SD card originals by taking them into final cut, trimming off everything after 5 sec and then exporting as H.264. But the freeze is identical to the original file. If you want a sample of the whole original I can try to upload that.

I should also point out that the drone is set to record in H.265 I believe - if that matters. And it might. Maybe I should try a test with the H.264 setting.
2018-5-22
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

What is the size of the card?
I would suspect when the card get more than 2/3 full it might can have a delay when creating a new file but it sound like you have this issue more often.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BSartist Posted at 2018-5-22 20:59
Oh i May have misunderstood your question. Those files were created from the SD card originals by taking them into final cut, trimming off everything after 5 sec and then exporting as H.264. But the freeze is identical to the original file. If you want a sample of the whole original I can try to upload that.

I should also point out that the drone is set to record in H.265 I believe - if that matters. And it might. Maybe I should try a test with the H.264 setting.

Thank you very much for your effort. If it is convenient, please provide me with the original video on the SD card. That would be helpful if you can also tell me the SD card you are using.
2018-5-23
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

It’s a 64GB card. It’s not getting close to being full. It’s a Sandisk Extreme Pro. See attached.

I’ll put an original file from the card in Dropbox.
27D5F277-7D19-482C-9FF1-6736BE08DF51.jpeg
2018-5-23
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

Here is a link to the file off the card. It is still uploading so please wait till 10:30 AM Eastern Time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjt6pwq0xaoxjo4/DJI_0530.MOV?dl=0

I ran a two tests with the drone sitting on a bench using two cards: the 64GB Extreme Pro and the 16GB Extreme that came with the drone. In both cases the problem did not happen. I will need to try this in flight with the 16GB card. Hopefully later today.
2018-5-23
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

I ran another test today IN FLIGHT using the 16GB card that came with the drone. I got the same freeze in the beginning of the second file. This has now happened with two different SD cards. So we can rule out an issue with the card.
2018-5-23
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

Did I lose you?
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Thank you for your response and sorry if it was not acknowledged right away. Since the file was directly from the SD cards and still getting the freeze issue in the first 5 seconds. I am going to forward this concern to our Developer Team. Please check your PM as I am going to collate some of the details needed in order for me to forward the issue to our relevant team.
2018-5-24
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

I just finished my third test using H.264 encoding (all other videos were shot with H.265) and so far the freeze has not happened. I will run a couple more tests but it would appear as though you have an issue with your H.265 implementation.
2018-5-24
Use props
BSartist
lvl.1
United States

I just ran a fourth test using H.264 and no freeze. I think I can say with fairly high confidence that you have an issue with your H.265 implementation.
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! All info has been forwarded to our engineers for further review. We'll come back as long as there is an update. Appreciate your patience.
2018-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules