Every clip on my SD card is corrupt
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Benblenner
New
Flight distance : 461001 ft
Australia

This morning I shot 13 video clips and 3 photos this morning on a Lexar 633x 10 - 16gb Micro SD card, formatted before flight. (Phantom 4 pro+)
I just got back to do the media download and every clip is showing 0 seconds in duration, the thumbnails are there though. When I attempt to playback through the remote I get an error "Video duration too long. Failed to play"

I don't have my SD card reader with me so I am plugged directly into the drone to transfer the media. I have tried powering down the remote and Drone, removing the card, swapping the battery, putting in another card etc.. But the vision is still corrupt on the original card. I just recorded 10 seconds of footage on the card and it is playing back perfectly fine but all the clips I shot at sunrise this morning are not.

At location #2 this morning, I switched to a new card and just downloaded all that media - No issues there which makes me think the SD card I used at location #1 is dodgy, but I've used this card before with no issue, and just did test videos on it now and they're fine, they play back and I'm able to downlaod them - This footage is pretty important for a job I'm working on. Any ideas on if I'm able to recover it and if so, how?

The longest clips might have been around 2 minutes long, but there's no way to tell. I didn't power off the Drone while recording.

Thanks in advance
2018-5-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Please provide more detail. What aircraft dso you have? What operating system are you using, Mac or Windows? What program do you use to play back your footage?

BTW, those Lexar cards can often be rather dodgy, better to use Sandisk Extreme Pro cards.
2018-5-22
Use props
Benblenner
New
Australia

Phantom 4 Pro+. Using Mac. I tried QuickTime & VLC but the media player isn’t the issue, the clips won’t even play back on the drone remote.
2018-5-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Benblenner Posted at 2018-5-22 17:49
Phantom 4 Pro+. Using Mac. I tried QuickTime & VLC but the media player isn’t the issue, the clips won’t even play back on the drone remote.

Can you upload one of them to Dropbox, and post a link to it here. But please upload it from the SD card, not the copy on the photne/tab. I will take a look at it and see if I can come up with an answer.
2018-5-22
Use props
Benblenner
New
Australia

Will do ASAP. Cheers
2018-5-22
Use props
Benblenner
New
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-22 17:52
Can you upload one of them to Dropbox, and post a link to it here. But please upload it from the SD card, not the copy on the photne/tab. I will take a look at it and see if I can come up with an answer.

Here is a couple of the clips, direct from the SD card (Card in drone, with drone attached to Mac via USB)
The file sizes are all ~2mb which is what worries me - They should all be 150mb+

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g4k08 ... cq9aH1_RukV-Ya?dl=0
2018-5-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Benblenner Posted at 2018-5-22 19:13
Here is a couple of the clips, direct from the SD card (Card in drone, with drone attached to Mac via USB)
The file sizes are all ~2mb which is what worries me - They should all be 150mb+

OK, I could not do anything with those files. And you will not be able to recover I don't believe, they are too small to contain a real file. Honestly, I would chuck away the Lexar and get a Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card, I have seen too many complaints from people on here of Lexar cards that don't work.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Benblenner. I am sorry to hear that the videos were not playing or recorded properly on your SD card. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you the steps on how to recover the files or videos on your Lexar SD card as we are not trained with that part. But, I highly recommend using the supported SD card for your Phantom 4 Pro+. Please check the image below. Thank you.

2018-5-23
Use props
Ellinor William
lvl.2

United States

Chances are your Videos got corrupt. You can try out Stellar range - Video Repair and Photo Recovery. Run the free versions and see if you are able to recover. Get your SD card Checked. And if all is good then the software will fix the videos in no time.
2018-5-27
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

Hi,' you connect the Phantom 4+ SD card to another PC. If your drone camera SD card has got corrupt. Perform chkdsk command on windows to fix the issue. Please follows the below steps:
1. Go to Windows Start option
2. Type cmd in the Search box
3. Right-click cmd and select the Run as Administrator
4. In the command prompt, type chkdsk < SD card drive letter>:/f (e.g., chkdsk E: /f). Hit Enter.
5. Now check again if you can access DJI videos and photos saved on the SD card.
2018-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

JasonWilli Posted at 2018-5-28 20:35
Hi,' you connect the Phantom 4+ SD card to another PC. If your drone camera SD card has got corrupt. Perform chkdsk command on windows to fix the issue. Please follows the below steps:
1. Go to Windows Start option
2. Type cmd in the Search box

Yeah, you did not read the thread. The corrupt files are very small in file size. Chkdsk would not fix them as the data is simply not there.
2018-5-28
Use props
skyrim2018
lvl.1

United States

The only thing to do here is to make an image file of your SD card. Create an image file (any USB image tool for PC would do - for Mac you'll have to use dd command, which I'm not a fan of), then turn to any data recovery service that provides manual recovery (I'm sure automatic tools won't do in this case), e.g. Restore.Media or anything of the kind. If you haven't formatted your SD card after the accident (or overwritten your files with smth), then 99% it's doable - besides, you've formatted your SD before the recording, which increases chances of recovery.
2018-7-25
Use props
KEJ
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-22 20:29
OK, I could not do anything with those files. And you will not be able to recover I don't believe, they are too small to contain a real file. Honestly, I would chuck away the Lexar and get a Sandisk Extreme Pro SD card, I have seen too many complaints from people on here of Lexar cards that don't work.

Yes I agree, just downloaded 3 of them, all too small.

New Branded approved memory card required.

2018-7-27
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Hey…you need not worry anymore, there is an easy way to recover videos, photos and other files from digital camera card. Yes, by using the attrib command method, you can do video file recovery with ease. Without wasting any time, just go for it. All the best to you…

To know more: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/video-file-recovery
2020-4-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo Posted at 4-4 05:08
Hey…you need not worry anymore, there is an easy way to recover videos, photos and other files from digital camera card. Yes, by using the attrib command method, you can do video file recovery with ease. Without wasting any time, just go for it. All the best to you…

To know more: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/video-file-recovery

Take no notice of this misinformation, it has nothing to do with the issue.
2020-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules