Firmware updates. Mavic Pro
1346 8 2018-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goldchucker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

With the new AC firmware updates, for the Mavic Pro, is it necessary to run a firmware update with each battery?  I wasn't sure if anything has changed in that regard.  I was never sure if the firmware was stored in the batteries or the AC itself.

Thank you,

Chuck

2018-5-22
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft

Are you talking about a firmware update to the Mavic Pro, or an app update to DJI Go 4?
2018-5-22
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Hi StanfordWebbieerted

Good question.  I inserted the wrong nomenclature.  I meant the AC firmware not the DJI go 4 program.  Thank you for catching that.  I edited my origional post.
2018-5-22
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

it depends from which version you are going from and going to. If it's needed then the DJI GO app will tell you. Do it at home before next flight so you don't have to do it in the field.
The batteries have some kind of intelligence so that's why.

Good luck and happy flying
2018-5-22
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Hi Flybee.

Thank you for your input.    Appreciated.  I always upgrade at home.  I upgraded to the most recent AC firmware.  I repeated the process for all 4 of my batteries to be sure.  I wasn't sure if this procedure was necessary.
2018-5-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-22 22:10
Hi Flybee.

Thank you for your input.    Appreciated.  I always upgrade at home.  I upgraded to the most recent AC firmware.  I repeated the process for all 4 of my batteries to be sure.  I wasn't sure if this procedure was necessary.

Hi Chuck, the firmware of the batteries should be consistent with the aircraft. You can update the firmware for the aircraft first, then connect the DJI GO4 app, if the battery also needs an update, there will be a notification "Firmware consistency refresh" in the DJI GO4 app, you can follow the notification to refresh the firmware for the battery. Any further doubts, please feel free to let us know.
2018-5-22
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Hi DJI Diana.

Thank you for confirming what I had suspected.  As I did update the batteries as well I feel more confident that I made the right move.

Thank you.

Chuck
2018-5-22
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-22 23:23
Hi DJI Diana.

Thank you for confirming what I had suspected.  As I did update the batteries as well I feel more confident that I made the right move.

Hi DJI Diana;
Here are the 2 screen shots I get using a very new Dell computer running DJI Assistant 2 V 1.2.4

The first screen shot has a forign program appear in the upper left corner.  When I delete it, Screen shot 2 appears telling me to "Please reboot the Aircraft.  I'm running the latest firmware on my aircraft.

2018-5-28
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-28 12:21
Hi DJI Diana;
Here are the 2 screen shots I get using a very new Dell computer running DJI Assistant 2 V 1.2.4

Hi Diana

Please disregard this post.  It is in the wrong place.

Chuck
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules