Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anxious Newbie
695 5 2015-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sb2bb
lvl.1
United States

Never owned a Phantom but want one. Never flown one either but want to. Should I buy the Phantom 3 or the Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3? This may have been asked previously but couldn't find anything recent. Hobby for me, nothing professionally. Help me jump off the fence here and make the right decision. Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
2015-5-12
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

Bayou are a hobbiest and are going to fly just for fun then I would  go for the best priced of either I could find. You can check around on you tube and look at videos that do comparisons. If your going to fly inside anywhere then the P3 is the way to go. Some say the RC on the 3 is better and other say the 3 had more failures. Gonna be a hard answer for someone to give you. Best to get all the info you can on the features and also look at videos to make your own decision.
2015-5-13
Use props
sb2bb
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Roy. Yes everything is all over the board on either the 2 or 3 phantom. I'm sure the 2 will come down in price but reading the problems on this board scares me somewhat with the 2, but I bet the 3 will have just as many if not more. Its just a big investment to have it fly away somewhere or crash for no reason! Still sitting on the fence.
2015-5-13
Use props
acenothing
Second Officer
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

sb2bb Posted at 2015-5-14 06:44
Thanks Roy. Yes everything is all over the board on either the 2 or 3 phantom. I'm sure the 2 will c ...

The P2 is a mature product while the P3 has things still coming like the Android app.  I agree find a good price and that will work best for you.
2015-5-13
Use props
shep941
lvl.2

United States

Should be a lot of barely used P2's for sale soon. I'll probably be putting mine up soon... just waiting to see if there are any major problems with the 3.
2015-5-14
Use props
moxy149
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, I am a fairly new Phantom 2 plus owner and the only advice I would give you is check out videos on both models on YouTube, and read as much as you can on both models.  This is the way I went about it, and don't forget to check the bad stuff as well as the good stuff.  Good luck on your research. Regards. Ian.
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules