Spark range is now terrible
16532 47 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LukeG
New
United Kingdom

I took this screenshot to show how weak the signal is... this is directly above my head but even from 200ft the signal is on 1 bar.

Shortly after the image transmission was lost, lost connection to RC and it began its trip home automatically
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_6skJaeLno6Ca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21316 ft
United Kingdom

Luke having it overhead will cause issues unless you take into account the WiFi beam direction, will need to lay them flat if directly overhead at any decent height, depending on interference in the area,
2018-12-10
Use props
LukeG
New
United Kingdom

This was just an example... it happens quite a lot no matter which direction. But it’s around that distance I get issues.
2018-12-10
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 5-24 00:33
I see that the original poster is in the UK
From what I have been reading the last few days...It appears that the newest DJI app is enforcing the "CE" zones more aggressively or rendering whatever was done before to switch to "FCC" useless...Maybe it is in "CE" mode now?

i'm in the uk , iOS ,the app alerts me that wifi is for the wrong country but i can cancel the prompt and stay in FCC mode
2018-12-23
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Today I did my best with my spark, 3321 meters one way!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-29
Use props
Stinger1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205016 ft
Australia

Roamingskies Posted at 2018-5-28 17:04
I have the same issues in Australia. I use to get 500-600m range before having issues, now in the exact same locations I have sserious lag and connection issues from 20m out. This has only started happening since the latest DJI Go4 update. Perhaps the previous comment was correct and they are strictly enforcing CE restrictions now. Either way it has made the spark almost unusable.

I’m in Qld and no issues flying here. I flew last weekend 500m at 80m high for a full battery in normal and sports mode.

2019-4-1
Use props
djiuser_J2fefHFV2yOu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6534557 ft
United States

With the spark there's a number of major issues with it. But for your short-range flight I had the very same issue and tell one day I'm just buzzing it around put a new battery in it and thought I wonder how far I can get it by flying backwards? So that's what I did I flew it backwards and watched it on the map part and I got well over a mile and a half but if I was to turn the spark drone and fly it frontwards that far away it would disconnect I'm going to return home mode I hope. But that's what you may want to try and you'll see what I'm referring to. Anyway you take care fly safe
2019-5-23
Use props
Davy M.
New

Dear DJI,

I bought a DJI Spark and I am very disappointed about the range I get.

I use a controller and an OTG cable to connect to my phone. (If I don't use the cable I get 10m before it loses connection)
I turn off my wifi and Bluetooth and put my mobile in Airplane mode.
I can only get around 150meters before losing connection. Max height is 100m before it disconnects.

Today I tried it again and I got at 15meter before the screen on my mobile goes grey and freezes. "Lost connection" is the message. Sometimes I can still steer the drone, but most of the times it just disconnect and comes to the home location. I saw that the channel was 2.4ghz, but i could not change that.

It is SUPER Frustrated. Especially when you see another Spark fly so far.

What to do ?
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules