755 3 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

During my last flight, I received two "full-stop" obstacle avoidance warnings when there was nothing around.  In both instances I was about 18-20 feet above the ground (once over sand and once over water), flying forward at ~13 MPH.  I was on a beach, so there was a persistent wind and a bit of ocean spray, but nothing that would have--at least in my mind--set off the sensors.  In both cases, I had a pretty aggressive forward pitch, and I'm wondering if the sensors are sensing the ground from about 20 feet away and causing the avoidance to kick in.  Has anyone else had this happen?
~Carlos

2018-5-23
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

Where was the sun? A setting sun is sometimes a sensed obstacle and stops my Mavic Pro.
2018-5-23
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Folkestone Posted at 2018-5-23 12:21
Where was the sun? A setting sun is sometimes a sensed obstacle and stops my Mavic Pro.

In my case, high in the sky and well hidden behind clouds.  When I get home today I'll post the clips of the stops.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

May it be the sunlight reflected by the water? Like Folkestone mentioned above, the strong light might activate the obstacle avoidance. You can check back the video and see if it is the case.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules