Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First MPP Flight.
1857 17 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>

It just arrived. I have three questions.
1) Silver and Gold... tipped props. What's the significance?
2) Is it me, or does it seem very delicate?
3) I noticed the horizon isn't as stable as my P4P. In two videos I see a couple degrees of tilt in both directions. Should I be worried?

Before you start in on me, I've read the manual four times. I'm really impressed with the quiet. I flew my P4P up to the nearby ballfield yesterday and even at 300' high and staying outside of the populated area, I could see people turning heads and pointing. I flew the MPP up there at 200' and I don't think anyone even noticed it. I took the P4P to a local water park where teams practice sculling and it was distracting to them, so I put it away and just watched. They stopped and told me they weren't bothered by it. I was even asked for copies of the video. I'll take the MPP over there Friday morning to see if it's less of a distraction. I think I already know the answer.

I'm a very happy DJI customer right now!

Jeff
2018-5-23
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Glad to know you are enjoying your new MPP. As i always say it's a great drone with the camera being it's biggest flaw.  Apart from that i must say that i enjoy it's range and stealth..Happy flying Jeff.
2018-5-23
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Jeff ,
Welcome to the land of the Mavic.
Glad to see you  read the manual.
Looking forward to seeing some videos.
2018-5-23
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow. I didn’t realize the sound was that different between the 2 birds. Enjoy the new toy.
2018-5-23
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

You picked the best choice for being a drone owner currently, there is no better all-around option than Mavic Po (Platinum). I think the horizon tilt is normal if it's happening intermittently given how delicate the camera. The noise factor being reduced in the Platinum definitely decreases distractions, although Mavic Pro original is not very loud. All in all, 18 months  and many firmware updates later, there's never been a better time to be a new Mavic Pro owner.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Jeff, congrats on your first MPP flight, glad to know that you are enjoying your new MPP, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help. Take care and happy flying.
2018-5-23
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>

Welcome to the club dude! 1. no noticeable difference. 2. you can practice twist the iron but they are perfect for flying. just check them before and after you fly. clean them from bug smudges etc. 3. depending on the winds. I flew in 20 miles gust and it was more solid than the P4P and P4P+. Just make sure the gimball is seated well. Do and uto calib and try not to go against the wind if you are filing or taking pictures. Have fun!
2018-5-23
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

dwainwayne28 Posted at 2018-5-23 15:50
Glad to know you are enjoying your new MPP. As i always say it's a great drone with the camera being it's biggest flaw.  Apart from that i must say that i enjoy it's range and stealth..Happy flying Jeff.

After reading about the camera, I was pleasantly surprised at how good the photos and video turned out. The combination of stealth, portability and quality of video made it well worth the purchase. All the positive things I have to say... I can’t stand the remote. I wish they had an option to use a remote similar to the Phantom series.

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-23 18:04
Jeff ,
Welcome to the land of the Mavic.
Glad to see you  read the manual.

I hear there are tall ships on the Delaware River today. I hope work leads me close at lunchtime...

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

Hurley1718 Posted at 2018-5-23 18:11
Wow. I didn’t realize the sound was that different between the 2 birds. Enjoy the new toy.

Yes. When I took off for the very first time, there was a rush of excitement. At the very same time, I thought maybe my ears were plugged up. Then a car drove by and all I could do was marvel at the fact that this thing is really, really quiet.

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-23 19:56
You picked the best choice for being a drone owner currently, there is no better all-around option than Mavic Po (Platinum). I think the horizon tilt is normal if it's happening intermittently given how delicate the camera. The noise factor being reduced in the Platinum definitely decreases distractions, although Mavic Pro original is not very loud. All in all, 18 months  and many firmware updates later, there's never been a better time to be a new Mavic Pro owner.

I’m thankful for the ability to join the ranks, and grateful DJI made such a nice product.

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

dronist Posted at 2018-5-23 20:11
Welcome to the club dude! 1. no noticeable difference. 2. you can practice twist the iron but they are perfect for flying. just check them before and after you fly. clean them from bug smudges etc. 3. depending on the winds. I flew in 20 miles gust and it was more solid than the P4P and P4P+. Just make sure the gimball is seated well. Do and uto calib and try not to go against the wind if you are filing or taking pictures. Have fun!

I’m baffled at the different color tips on the props...

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 20:00
Hi Jeff, congrats on your first MPP flight, glad to know that you are enjoying your new MPP, if there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help. Take care and happy flying.

Just one suggestion. Now that the P4P V2.0 controller has Ocusync, how about an option in the firmware to use it on the Mavic? You’ve got at least one person right here that will buy it the moment it’s on the store.

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-5-24 01:42
Just one suggestion. Now that the P4P V2.0 controller has Ocusync, how about an option in the firmware to use it on the Mavic? You’ve got at least one person right here that will buy it the moment it’s on the store.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, so sorry to let you know that the P4P V2.0 controller is unable to be used on the Mavic, you only can use the remote controller that comes with the Mavic pro. Thanks!
2018-5-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

I had to upgrade the firmware via the remote. It stalled at 73% using the DJI Assistant 2, did nothing for 8 hours. After restarting the Assistant and the aircraft, it couldn’t read the firmware. I attempted a factory reset, and it still couldn’t get firmware information from the Mavic. So I restarted the aircraft and turned on the remote. It read the firmware and suggested an update. I let it run and it completed after about 20minutes. It’s working perfectly now (thankfully)

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-5-24 01:39
I’m baffled at the different color tips on the props...

Jeff

A lot of people are.  
It comes down to a sense of Fashion choice.
Platinum to go with Mavic Pro Platinum.   Gold for cool contrast look.

Both Platinum tip and Gold tip props are low-noise.
2018-5-24
Use props
Jeff Millard
lvl.4
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-5-24 16:36
A lot of people are.  
It comes down to a sense of Fashion choice.
Platinum to go with Mavic Pro Platinum.   Gold for cool contrast look.

Thank you. And I agree. It isn't as classy looking with the gold tips.

Jeff
2018-5-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Jeff Millard Posted at 2018-5-24 17:34
Thank you. And I agree. It isn't as classy looking with the gold tips.

Jeff

If you saw my Mavic Pro Platinum after I added the High-visability Green skins, the Gold Tips would be classy looking.  In fact, any color tipped prop would be classy looking.
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules