Three Dead Batteries
7352 48 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Smittie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2591214 ft
United States

The solution I was offered was to buy three new batteries. I no longer use the battery charger's storage mode for anything. Given the problem DJI has had with TB50 batteries, it is clear that "intelligent" battery technology is a bit of a challenge.
2019-7-12
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I have never left my batteries on the charger. Too many things can go wrong. A power surge and you can have a nasty fire. I charge the batteries when needed and discharge to about 50% when I'm done for the season. I store them in a metal ammo box, just in case a battery grows a dendrite and forms an internal short. All three of my batteries are over a year old now and all show 100% (4 LEDs) on the Life Test.
2019-7-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark Weiss Posted at 7-12 13:56
I have never left my batteries on the charger. Too many things can go wrong. A power surge and you can have a nasty fire. I charge the batteries when needed and discharge to about 50% when I'm done for the season. I store them in a metal ammo box, just in case a battery grows a dendrite and forms an internal short. All three of my batteries are over a year old now and all show 100% (4 LEDs) on the Life Test.

.....and all show 100% (4 LEDs) on the Life Test.

Is that not based on how many times they have been charged?
2019-7-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Is this still a real deal?

I better check my four flight packs again and top them up, to fly sometime’s this week.

RedHotPoker

2019-7-13
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

I would not expect much help from DJI on this issue since it appears they are abandoning the product line.  All over but the crying as some would say.  As far as storing the batteries.  I too have brought the levels to approximately 50% and then put them in the case.  They seem to retain that level without any maintenance.  I do check them with a button push.  I dont like the idea of leaving something like that powered up for extended periods of time.  The danger of malfunction and fire is too great.  Not worth burning down the house over for sure.
2019-7-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I would have bought a couple more P3 flight packs, had they been available.

Guess, I’ll need to Baby these four... since new ones are no longer available.

RedHotPoker

2019-7-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've learned to not leave anything plugged in for far too long unless you can change the batteries with ease such as rechargeable AAs.
2019-7-15
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-12 17:56
.....and all show 100% (4 LEDs) on the Life Test.

Is that not based on how many times they have been charged?

I don't think it's based upon number of charges. It's likely some sort of drain down test. My batteries have 28-38 charge cycles on them, depending on which battery I query.
2019-7-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Smittie Posted at 7-12 11:04
The solution I was offered was to buy three new batteries. I no longer use the battery charger's storage mode for anything. Given the problem DJI has had with TB50 batteries, it is clear that "intelligent" battery technology is a bit of a challenge.

"Intelligent user" technology is apparently  also a problem, but no† just for DJI...
2019-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules