First Flight - Very Impressed!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snsjets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

Hello all. I've admired the Phantom for quite some time and when the P3 came out at a lower price I finally pulled the trigger. I ordered a P3 Advanced from Adorama and it arrived yesterday. Between order and delivery I picked up a Syma X5C-1 for practice. That itself is a fun little copter.
Today I took my time, followed all the steps for updating then successfully connected my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 running Android 4.2.2. Then I went to a local park and took the P3 for a spin. I was amazed at the ease of operation. I have no previous RC experience yet the Phantom was a breeze to fly.
I thought I read that the P2 prop guards fit the P3. They don't. I probably should have known since the P3 props are bigger. Not a big deal but the P3 props do extend over the guard.
My first vid is raw and kind of boring. Hopefully later I can upload something sophisticated like others have posted.
If you are on the fence about a Phantom and have the means, I highly recommend getting one. I'm glad I did!

2015-5-12
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

It looks like the P2 rotor blades will fit the P3. Experts (both DJI and others) advise against using the P2 props. The "active braking" system in the P3 could force the props loose much more easily. A lost prop becomes a crash pretty quickly.

Interestingly, the P3 props will fit the P2 and apparently make it actually perform slightly better.
2015-5-13
Use props
snsjets
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

I will probably leave the prop guards on until I have a few more flights completed even though the prop tips don't have much protection. Definitely will not be using P2 props on my P3.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules