Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 X5 Limp Gimbal Issue
2542 11 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6f8e4a76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1213835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue with my Inspire 1 and the X5 camera.

I had 1 succesful flight today and then when i went to take of for the second flight my inspire decided that it would only let me fly 30m from my self eg. beginner mode, even though beginner mode was not turned on. It has done this many many time. Im not sure on the solution for this but all i normally do is bring it back down pull the battery reinsert and of i go all good.

Is there a solution for this?

But after i did this my main issue reared its ugly head. upon turning the inspire back on, my gimbal powered up and idd its normal spin around routine and then just went limp. the light still flashing but limp. i tried a couple of times and same result. I removed my ND filter same result. Pulled the SD Card (sandisk Extreme 64gb v30) and same result.

I have attached it to my Osmo with the same result it will boot up spin then go limp. Fan and lights still working but no signal sent from camera.

Here is a video show caseing my issue. Any help would be great as this is Client work and needs to be completed.

[EDIT] it wont let me post the link to the video so please have a look here www youtube.com/watch?v=rFL-SI0p3gE

Thanks.
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience, I was able to watch the video that you provided on your issue and if may I ask may I have the serial number of or drone and also please try to link your remote controller to your aircraft, kindly check the link for the video tutorial:
2018-5-24
Use props
fans6f8e4a76
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-24 13:55
Sorry for the inconvenience, I was able to watch the video that you provided on your issue and if may I ask may I have the serial number of or drone and also please try to link your remote controller to your aircraft, kindly check the link for the video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkynWM0Wh2U

Hi Tony,

The Inspire is connected to the control. That is not a problem.

Here is my Serial Number: W21ADB24021019

Thanks for the help.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6f8e4a76 Posted at 2018-5-24 15:10
Hi Tony,

The Inspire is connected to the control. That is not a problem.

Glad to hear that your Inspire 1 is connected to your remote controller, the reason why I provided that kind of troubleshooting it is that I noticed in your video the error message was aircraft disconnected. Would you mind if you try to calibrate the gimbal using the DJI Go App?
2018-5-24
Use props
fans6f8e4a76
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-24 15:40
Glad to hear that your Inspire 1 is connected to your remote controller, the reason why I provided that kind of troubleshooting it is that I noticed in your video the error message was aircraft disconnected. Would you mind if you try to calibrate the gimbal using the DJI Go App?

Yeah in the video my controlls say aircraft disconnected at the begining when the inpire is turned off. Once turned it its has the weak transmission red warning up.

As for calibrating the gimbal it is not possible as the the gimbal is not responding to the inspire. It is getting power as the fan is turned on and the light is flashing. And as i showed in my video if i give the gimbal a spin it will lock and begin doing it rotational thing it does when it turns on and then go limp. While it is doing its spin thing the camera on the GO app comes live and then as soon as it goes limp it just comes up with the transmission warning again and no signal.
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

I would recommend sending the unit to our repair facility for further evaluation.
2018-5-25
Use props
fans6cc339a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3931503 ft
United States

Did this get fixed.?  I’m having same issue.
2019-1-21
Use props
fans6f8e4a76
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

fans6cc339a9 Posted at 1-21 14:17
Did this get fixed.?  I’m having same issue.

Hi yes I did. I had to send the camera unit to DJI. And it was determined that it was a bad ESC in the unit. They replaced it and the camera was good to go. Hope that helps.
2019-1-21
Use props
fans6cc339a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3931503 ft
United States

Are you saying camera has esc.?  Did you just send camera in?  
2019-1-22
Use props
KingArthurV2
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

fans6cc339a9 Posted at 1-22 03:21
Are you saying camera has esc.?  Did you just send camera in?

Yes the cameras gimbal has escs which control it's motors. And yes. I had to send the entire unit in.
2019-1-22
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans6f8e4a76 Posted at 1-21 14:42
Hi yes I did. I had to send the camera unit to DJI. And it was determined that it was a bad ESC in the unit. They replaced it and the camera was good to go. Hope that helps.

How much was the repair?
2019-1-23
Use props
KingArthurV2
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

mixchief Posted at 1-23 08:45
How much was the repair?

Not sure sorry. Can't Remember. I'm sure if you email DJI they can tell you.
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules