errors after DJI GO 4 latest update
986 13 2018-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

1. this happened twice. it's when it sense an obstacle in the front, but instead of just jerking to a stop, it also snaps 15 degrees to the left .

2. downward vision sensor error I've seen for the first time.

2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!
2018-5-23
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-5-23 23:59
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did your drone crash before or not? Could you please show us a screenshot of the error message? We'll look into it, thanks!

no crash. i didn't screen cap the error message. it only happened once. but the jerking to the left happened twice already. please don't assume that everyone with error crashed their drone.
2018-5-24
Use props
Cap0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 217077 ft
Romania

On point 1. - by any chance, you have enabled the option that makes the drone automatically go around the obstacle ?
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Kandomere Posted at 2018-5-24 00:02
no crash. i didn't screen cap the error message. it only happened once. but the jerking to the left happened twice already. please don't assume that everyone with error crashed their drone.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, please restart the drone and try the flight in different locations. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know and provide a photo or video if applicable, we'll check it then, thank you in advance!
2018-5-24
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

Cap0ne Posted at 2018-5-24 00:50
On point 1. - by any chance, you have enabled the option that makes the drone automatically go around the obstacle ?

you could be right. I have to do more tests tomorrow.
2018-5-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Kandomere Posted at 2018-5-24 17:28
you could be right. I have to do more tests tomorrow.

That is exactly what is happening is you have the setting to go around object and not just come to a halt.  
2018-5-24
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-24 17:29
That is exactly what is happening is you have the setting to go around object and not just come to a halt.

i can't even see it turn. it's like a snap of a finger when it jerks to stop. then all the sudden, it's 15 degrees off to the left.
2018-5-24
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Kandomere Posted at 2018-5-24 17:35
i can't even see it turn. it's like a snap of a finger when it jerks to stop. then all the sudden, it's 15 degrees off to the left.

Disable it going around and you will see it will just come to a halt.
2018-5-24
Use props
maclover009
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328386 ft
United States

@SparksBird that’s actually not what’s happening, there have been several posts about this on the latest FW. Regardless of APAS, the drone will snap to the left if it is in normal mode with avoidance sensors enabled at all. Again, regardless if APAS is enabled. The only time the unit doesn’t exhibit this problem is if it is in sport. DJI has said they’re working on a fix.
2018-5-26
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

maclover009 Posted at 2018-5-26 14:10
@SparksBird that’s actually not what’s happening, there have been several posts about this on the latest FW. Regardless of APAS, the drone will snap to the left if it is in normal mode with avoidance sensors enabled at all. Again, regardless if APAS is enabled. The only time the unit doesn’t exhibit this problem is if it is in sport. DJI has said they’re working on a fix.

Can you please link a thread/link to this?  Am very curious.  
2018-5-26
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

maclover009 Posted at 2018-5-26 14:10
@SparksBird that’s actually not what’s happening, there have been several posts about this on the latest FW. Regardless of APAS, the drone will snap to the left if it is in normal mode with avoidance sensors enabled at all. Again, regardless if APAS is enabled. The only time the unit doesn’t exhibit this problem is if it is in sport. DJI has said they’re working on a fix.

In sport mode it is the same as disabling APAS completely.  
2018-5-26
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

So it happened again. I was descending and it was captured on video. So I deleted the app and the firmware.. reinstalled. It happened again while I was hovering. I have to check if I have the latter on video.  Right now, as it stands, DJI moderator thinks I crashed my drone, easiest explanation on their part. So I hope more people post about this issue.
2018-5-26
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-5-26 14:14
Can you please link a thread/link to this?  Am very curious.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=2#pid1343186
I also noticed that after it pans, it would start to drift away. so you have to take control quickly.
2018-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules