TURKEY TRAVEL
1824 0 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SKYCAM UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

My experiance traveling from UK Stansted to Turkey Dalaman with the mavic pro, my two batteries placed into lipo bags with terminal caps fitted, i put the batteries into my side pocket on my luggage case, removed props and placed inside lug case , both batteries discharged to two lights, controller had 50% charge.
everything else incld the mavic with no battery attached went inside my mavic case and put into luggage case with my clothes etc.
checked into stansted everything went through scanner with no prob or questions asked.

landed at Dalaman Turkey nothing scanned just went through pasport controll then out of the exit easy.

returning to Dalaman for the trip home.......
there are a lot of security checks, the first one scannes everything as normal and you get padded down,
the second one is much of the same,
when we got to the boarding gate there where random bag and case checks where they wanted to look inside your luggage, a lot of people were checked,
the security guard waved us through so i didnt have to go through this part,but i believe i still would have been fine, i think these checks were mainly for returning to uk,
you also need to make sure all your elec devices are turned on and working, the mavic was packed the same way in its own bag and placed inside my cabin luggage case.

i have some fantastic footage it was definatly worth taking my drone to Turkey.

i hope this helps, i couldnt fine anything helpfull regarding flying to Turkey with a drone when i researched it,
i flew with easyjet by the way other airlines may have different rules but im sure many are ok.
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules