3058 18 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56496 ft
United States

Hey guys,

I’m sure thers are tons od posts on this, but this is an issue that has been boterhing me for a few werks now so i figured i would come here for support.

I was flying on April 28th at a distance of 540 feet when my RC disconnected. I had sight of the Spark the whole time. I then lost all video feedback on my iphone. When I went to look up to track my Spark it couldn't be found. I tried to RTH on the app and remote but it said that function would not work. I was under the impression that when the RC disconnected that the Spark should automatically RTH. RTH location was also set.This is extremely upsetting that I was never able to retrieve my spark. I just purchased this past December. I have been using my Spark for my travel blog and real estate business. I had tons of footage on my memory card that is now gone.

So anyways I’ve been going back and forth with DJI customer support for a few weeks now. They investigated my flight log and couldn’t find any issue so they are only offering me 30% off. I also tried to locate the Spark on GPS but it was not located where the GPS said it was. This may be a fly away case in which they should provide a full replacement.

Has anyone heard of a similar case and have any suggestions or guidance on how to get a full replacement?

Thanks!
2018-5-24
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Can you upload the flight records?
2018-5-24
Use props
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
United States

I’ve uploaded it to DJI Servers. Do you know how to get it on here? I tried exporting to CSV and it says it can be found in DJI Documents but I can’t seem to locate it or find a tutorial on how to...
2018-5-24
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Please  post your flight log  here.
2018-5-24
Use props
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
United States

Can you plead tell me the best way to do this?
2018-5-24
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Mahcky Mahc Posted at 2018-5-24 05:34

You have 2 options:
1. Connect your drone to the PC and download the files. But this method is valid only if you have recovered the drone.
2. Use the data recorded in the DJI Go 4 application. I have "lost" 2 times my Spark and in both cases it has returned without problems. I have looked at the details in the app.

DE7338C7-E01D-4A07-9859-86CB061E40ED.jpeg
821CC1BE-1DF9-47B2-9DC5-EE0F3C95C896.jpeg
84AA41F3-167B-4104-9691-DC8AA1532BD5.jpeg
E046503C-D591-4F24-98EB-CD2E76394481.jpeg
698023B7-FB20-4BD4-AA42-C20A27B06B76.jpeg
2018-5-24
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
First Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Mahcky Mahc Posted at 2018-5-24 05:34

You can acces from here:

2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience Mahc, Can you provide us your case number so  that we can check  that to  our system. Thank you.
2018-5-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Mahcky, we are so sorry for the mishap. We managed your case number via your forum account. Below's the data analysis result:
1. The aircraft was in GPS mode before the incident and responded to command well.
2. T=02:00, H=-7.6 m, D=107.8 m, the flight record ended.
Since the flight record ended during the normal flight, we're not able to verify what happened afterwards.
As for the last coordination of the disconnected point, it might not be the last position of the drone since it was the app disconnected at that time. You can try to search around.
Sorry again for your loss. If you have further files could be provided, please send back to us and we are pleased to let the engineer review. If there is no useful info can be provided, we are sorry to tell that we might not help you further. We understand that it's frustrating, however, since we didn't find the malfunction according to the record you provided, we might not be able to cover the case within warranty. We can apply a corresponding offer according to the aftersales policy. Thank you for understanding. dada.png
2018-5-24
Use props
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-5-24 20:38
Mahcky, we are so sorry for the mishap. We managed your case number via your forum account. Below's the data analysis result:
1. The aircraft was in GPS mode before the incident and responded to command well.
2. T=02:00, H=-7.6 m, D=107.8 m, the flight record ended.

Thanks for your reply.

What other files do you need? I will happily provide them.

Fly aways have been a constant issue with the Spark. You said that in your data that the flight record ended during the normal flight. How do we know it didn't fly away after that?
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mahcky Mahc Posted at 2018-5-28 11:15
Thanks for your reply.

What other files do you need? I will happily provide them.

If there is any video can be provided, we would be happy to review.
Since the flight records were interrupted, we have no idea what happened to the drone afterward, we also would like to find out the reason as much as you do but per the remaining record, it cannot be figured out. The team has already provided the resolution, hope you can consider it.
2018-5-28
Use props
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 19:32
If there is any video can be provided, we would be happy to review.
Since the flight records were interrupted, we have no idea what happened to the drone afterward, we also would like to find out the reason as much as you do but per the remaining record, it cannot be figured out. The team has already provided the resolution, hope you can consider it.

Hi DJI Mindy,

Thanks for your response.

I actually was recording this whole flight but unfortunately it only saved to the SD card.

Your data shows that the flight records were interrupted. Clearly something had to cause that to happen. The point of this whole issue is that something occurred in the drone to cause the RC to disconnect, thus flying away and never returning home like its suppose to.  So DJI cannot figure out what happened so I am only entitled to 30%? I bought the Spark and Fly More Combo in December which in total was around $750. This was a brand new drone and should be covered under warranty. For the normal consumer, this is not cheap purchase. I had tons of family footage as well as footage for my business on that SD card. No discount can replace the lost memories.

The customer should not suffer because DJI cannot figure out what caused my RC to disconnect at such a short distance and not return to home when it was suppose to. You should have the capabilities to figure this out and if not, the customer should be compensated fully. This is an error with your product. I do not understand how your DJI Team cannot see that.

Please, this has been a stressful few months. Please make a customer happy.

Thanks.

-Marc

2018-5-29
Use props
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
United States

Mahcky Mahc Posted at 2018-5-29 04:01
Hi DJI Mindy,

Thanks for your response.

Here is an excerpt from your user manual. Attached as well.

"Failsafe RTH will be AUTOMATICALLY activated if the wireless signal is lost...."

We all know that this did not occur.

2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mahcky Mahc Posted at 2018-5-29 04:18
Here is an excerpt from your user manual. Attached as well.

"Failsafe RTH will be AUTOMATICALLY activated if the wireless signal is lost...."

Marc, the flight records might be interrupted for many reasons, we can not deduct the exact status without further evidence. We understand your feelings, and have offered the best discount according to the after-sales policy. Hope for your understanding.
2018-5-30
Use props
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-30 23:29
Marc, the flight records might be interrupted for many reasons, we can not deduct the exact status without further evidence. We understand your feelings, and have offered the best discount according to the after-sales policy. Hope for your understanding.

Can you please explain the Failsafe RTH that I posted above and why this did not work? If there was nothing in the way of blocking the signal, then what would of caused it other than a malfunction in the drone?

I am telling you exactly what happened. Its not the customers fault that DJI cannot figure it out in your own analysis. The drone flew away. That is a DJI issue. Yes, sorry I cannot provide further evidence because my drone is lost somewhere and the GPS coordinates could not locate it either. That tells me that it flew away to a further distance. This isn't a complex situation to handle. Why is it so difficult for DJI to admit that some of their drones are faulty? This isn't the first time time this has happened for DJI. Is that all you guys do is offer 30% hoping to satisfy a customer after a customer spends over $750 for the drone and fly more combo? That is absurd.  I am not accepting 30% off for a DJI error. Please escalate this to a higher up manager. I am not going back and forth on messages anymore. I want to speak them on the phone.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mahcky Mahc Posted at 2018-5-31 03:42
Can you please explain the Failsafe RTH that I posted above and why this did not work? If there was nothing in the way of blocking the signal, then what would of caused it other than a malfunction in the drone?

I am telling you exactly what happened. Its not the customers fault that DJI cannot figure it out in your own analysis. The drone flew away. That is a DJI issue. Yes, sorry I cannot provide further evidence because my drone is lost somewhere and the GPS coordinates could not locate it either. That tells me that it flew away to a further distance. This isn't a complex situation to handle. Why is it so difficult for DJI to admit that some of their drones are faulty? This isn't the first time time this has happened for DJI. Is that all you guys do is offer 30% hoping to satisfy a customer after a customer spends over $750 for the drone and fly more combo? That is absurd.  I am not accepting 30% off for a DJI error. Please escalate this to a higher up manager. I am not going back and forth on messages anymore. I want to speak them on the phone.

Flight record interrupted doesn't mean the wireless signal (the connection between RC and the drone or the connection between mobile device and the drone) is lost, the drone flyaway could be the strong wind or the poor GPS signal and so on, but since the flight record was cut off, there is no more info for us to figure out exactly what happened to the drone, 30% off coupon is the final offer we could provide, sorry again for what happened and thanks for your understanding.
2018-5-31
Use props
Mahcky Mahc
lvl.2

If you can do more than 30% we can settle this right now. This isn’t 70% my fault. I think this should be a 50/50 deal, in all fairness. I will settle for 50%.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mahcky Mahc Posted at 2018-6-1 02:16
If you can do more than 30% we can settle this right now. This isn’t 70% my fault. I think this should be a 50/50 deal, in all fairness. I will settle for 50%.

We have transferred your request to the appropriate team for further negotiation, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules