Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Differences between the three Active Track modes
10458 4 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

I've tried to understand the differences between the three Active Track modes (Trace, Profile and Spotlight) reading the manual, seeing video tutorials and doing some practical flights, but I haven't understand very well. For example, the manual speaks about <roll stick> to control the MA when is in Trace and Profile mode. But what is the roll stick? Is the wheel that normally controls the camera (the gimbal dial?). There are no other reference at <roll stick> in the manual...

More generally, there is someone who can explain these three modes well? Thank you!

2018-5-24
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Trace mode follows the target either from behind or in front (flying backwards). Profile mode follows the target on its side (flying side ways). Spotlight allows you to fly the drone while it tries to keep the target in view.

Roll stick is your right stick moving left or right.
2018-5-24
Use props
CanadaMark
lvl.2
Canada

I believe these vary slightly depending on the drone model but...

Trace follows the subject at a consistent distance, automatically keeping it in the center of the frame.  You can also fly around manually in a circle around your subject and it will maintain the set distance.

Profile follows the subject with the camera perpendicular to the subject's movement at a consistent distance, so it may be flying sideways (note the Air has no side-sensors for obstacles).  I believe you can also take manual control in this mode.

Spotlight locks the camera onto the subject but lets you fly the drone manually (without yaw) in a different direction (I think this works better on drones with more range of motion on their gimbals like the Phantoms)
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day, Thank you for the information. The Roll Stick is the right control stick on the drone remote control. It controls the drone going Right or Left.
2018-5-24
Use props
Nociferyon
lvl.2
Monaco

Hi.

I have 2 questions about Active Track 2.0

1. Is there a way during Active Track 2.0 (Trace, Profile, Spotlight) to control and adjust the altitude, gimbal (up & down), displacement (left & right) and zoom?

I’m quite confused about what you can control or not during each one of the 3 Active Track modes.
Is there a way to de center it while still being tracked?

I’m quite confused about what you can control or not during each one of the 3 Active Track modes.

Thanks.
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules