Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do you wipe an SD card?
950 3 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

What's the best way to wipe an SD card? I can't format it in the DJI (If I do that it is unreadable in my Macs except by attaching the drone by wire).

I've tended to be deleting all the files in the 100Media folder but I'm suspecting that's not so great. On one of my cards I have a 74meg clip that is ALWAYS there to be imported no matter how many times I've deleted all the files!

I'm starting to think I should just use Disk Util on the Mac to erase the disk and reformat at it as exFAT each time.

Any comments?
2018-5-24
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Are you saying if you format the SD card while it's in the drone, then later insert it into your Mac, your Mac can't read the card?

If that's the case, that is quite strange. May I ask the model and OS version of your Mac?
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I understand that you are asking what will be the best way on how to format your SD card. I've looked into this and the best way for us to format the SD card is by unmounting the SD card from the drone then use a card reader to connect it to the computer. From there try to use Disk Utility to format your SD card. Thank you.
2018-5-24
Use props
brianoflondon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1163743 ft
Israel

rent Posted at 2018-5-24 09:10
Are you saying if you format the SD card while it's in the drone, then later insert it into your Mac, your Mac can't read the card?

If that's the case, that is quite strange. May I ask the model and OS version of your Mac?

Yup. Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB cards, if I format in the Mavic Air I can't read them on both my Macs using their inbuilt card readers (and the micro SD to SD card adapters).

Macs are
iMac (Retina 5K 27-inch 2017)
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

I've posted about this before.
2018-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules