HELP ME PLEASE, HOW DO I FIX forwad vision calibration error
3864 11 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masud
lvl.1
Hong Kong

When i first bought my Mavic Pro this Christmas
it told me to upgrade to latest firmware, i did and then it gave me this calibration vision error...
I learnt how to fix it on desktop using Dji Assistant 2 calibration method

I then flew my drone a few times and then stopped using it for months..

yesterday i decided to bring my drone out and once again this stupid drone told me to upgrade to the latest firmware version..
I once again upgraded to the latest version using my iphone
and once again that stupid forward vision error pops up....

I  use my Dji assistant 2, all steps are done correctly, when it comes the  time to calibrate in the end, it goes at 14% then gves me this  "calibration failed"
I turned my mavic pro off then on and did it again, same error once again.
I uninstalled Dji assistant 2 and then reinstalled latest version from the website which is 1.2.4 as of now.
I then used my desktop to reinstall latest firmware on my mavic(i thought iphone proabably didn't upgrade it properly)
it  finished upgrading then i proceed to do the forward vision calibration,  all steps are done perfectly then when it comes to calibrate in the  end, it goes to 14% then again "calibration failed" error appears.

This  has begun to annoy me and i am really angry that i shelled out so much  money for a product like this that constantly shows errors.
This was supposed to be the best drone in the market and i am still suffering?

for the TL,DR

OP buys a drone 6 months ago, flys it few times then packs it back in its box for months and opens it again today
OP has got the same error it first got when OP bought drone
OP tries to fix it using DJI assistant calibration, it keeps on failing in the end no matter what OP does

Picture of the error on desktop Dji Assistant 2

2018-5-24
Use props
Masud
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Someone please help me
This is driving me crazy, I want to fly my drone again...

2018-5-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into your PC/laptop display settings under system preferences and chose 720p. Then try again. Make sure only the drone is connected and the RC is switched off.
2018-5-24
Use props
Masud
lvl.1
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2018-5-24 13:14
Go into your PC/laptop display settings under system preferences and chose 720p. Then try again. Make sure only the drone is connected and the RC is switched off.

Tried this it didn’t work
I went on my MacBook to do the calibration and it gets an error after 42%
I can’t believe not a single DJI dev is explaining why this garbage is not working
Costs 1 grand and gives this many errors... wtf
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Masud Posted at 2018-5-25 04:48
Tried this it didn’t work
I went on my MacBook to do the calibration and it gets an error after 42%
I can’t believe not a single DJI dev is explaining why this garbage is not working

I just refreshed the FW on my MacBook without any issues - fingers crossed for you. Hope a DJI rep responds soon.
2018-5-25
Use props
Masud
lvl.1
Hong Kong

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 05:42
I just refreshed the FW on my MacBook without any issues - fingers crossed for you. Hope a DJI rep responds soon.

I downgraded firmware using DJI assistant 2 on my computer windows 10 version

Then re updated to latest firmware using my iPhone

Then I did forward vision calibration using my iPhone
It was nearly completed then the app said to finish it on the Assistant 2

I then did the calibration on my MacBook DJI assistant 2
It completed the calibration FINALLY

Went through a lot of trouble just to calibrate this thing...
So annoying
Tbh not going to buy DJI products in the future if it has so many stupid freaking errors and requiring us to recalibrate every time after each update
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Masud Posted at 2018-5-25 07:10
I downgraded firmware using DJI assistant 2 on my computer windows 10 version

Then re updated to latest firmware using my iPhone

Glad it worked in the end
2018-5-25
Use props
aarvag
lvl.4
Norway

Hi!

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this - I have had the same issue with my Mavic Air. An error message have popped up every flight telling me to calibrate the vision sensors, even though they appear to work just fine. Every time I have tried to calibrate it, the process have failed after I have completed the steps pointing the Air to the screen.

After seeing this thread I downgraded the firmware through Assistant software, and then completed the calibration process successfully. Then upgraded the firmware through the Go App. Now the dreaded error message is gone and I am running on the latest firmware. Haven't been out flying to test it yet, but I assume it's all right again now.

Thanks mate!
2019-3-31
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

when that happened to me I had sent it back for analysis, as it happens there was a sensor module defect, DJI sent me another drone.
2019-3-31
Use props
djiuser_3ntklzeRFjMp
New

Australia

TRIED TO RESOLVE VIA SUPPORT FOR OVER 1 MONTH DJI WASTING TIME!
OUTRAGEOUS I WANTED TO TAKE MY SON OUTSIDE TO FLY THE MAV 2 PRO NOT SIT INSIDE ON A PC FIXING IT!TROUBLESHOOTING FOR OVER100hrs IT COST $3000AUD AND ONLY 1 AND A HALF MONTHS LATER MY SON AND I ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO GO OUT FOR A DAY TO THE FIELD TO FLY OUR NEW DRONE?!
YOU EXPECT PPL TO HAVE 3 SCREENS TO TEST YOUR OUTDATED APPLICATION ON WITH MULTPL DIFFERENT OSs?
IM NOT RICH I SAVED FOR MONTHS TO BUY A MAV 2 PRO AND SPECIFICALLY THIS MODEL AS IT WAS ADVERTISED AS BEING “THE LATEST RELIABLE ADVANCED TEC SMART DRONE”
I DECIDED TO BITE THE BULLET AND BUY ONE
A HEADACHE COST ME $3000!
AN UPSET SON!
AND WASTING DAYS AT A TIME ON PC!

CONSULT TECH SUPPORT & NOT RESOLVED & BEEN A WHOLE MONTH (WHEN) THEY REPLY WITH CUT&PASTED TROUBLESHOOT

EXPECT ME TO PURCHASE NEW CABLES TO VERIFY YOUR (BRAND NEW SUPPLIED) CABLE IS FAULTY?! AND YOU SEND A NEW ONE, CANT RETURN OTHER CABLE$$ & STILL FAILS CALIBRATION
DJI
2020-1-20
Use props
djiuser_3ntklzeRFjMp
New

Australia

TRIED TO RESOLVE VIA SUPPORT FOR OVER 1 MONTH DJI WASTING TIME!
OUTRAGEOUS I WANTED TO TAKE MY SON OUTSIDE TO FLY THE MAV 2 PRO NOT SIT INSIDE ON A PC FIXING IT!TROUBLESHOOTING FOR OVER100hrs IT COST $3000AUD AND ONLY 1 AND A HALF MONTHS LATER MY SON AND I ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO GO OUT FOR A DAY TO THE FIELD TO FLY OUR NEW DRONE?!
YOU EXPECT PPL TO HAVE 3 SCREENS TO TEST YOUR OUTDATED APPLICATION ON WITH MULTPL DIFFERENT OSs?
IM NOT RICH I SAVED FOR MONTHS TO BUY A MAV 2 PRO AND SPECIFICALLY THIS MODEL AS IT WAS ADVERTISED AS BEING “THE LATEST RELIABLE ADVANCED TEC SMART DRONE”
I DECIDED TO BITE THE BULLET AND BUY ONE
A HEADACHE COST ME $3000!
AN UPSET SON!
AND WASTING DAYS AT A TIME ON PC!

CONSULT TECH SUPPORT & NOT RESOLVED & BEEN A WHOLE MONTH (WHEN) THEY REPLY WITH CUT&PASTED TROUBLESHOOT

EXPECT ME TO PURCHASE NEW CABLES TO VERIFY YOUR (BRAND NEW SUPPLIED) CABLE IS FAULTY?! AND YOU SEND A NEW ONE, CANT RETURN OTHER CABLE$$ & STILL FAILS CALIBRATION
DJI
2020-1-20
Use props
Maoage
New
Flight distance : 85167 ft
Peru

Hello friends,

Recently after having made an update to the last firmware, one error after another began to appear, at first it wa a compass calibration alert but it allowed me to fly, then a compass error, then a navigation system error and frontal vision error. I have tried many things like downgrade the firmware, reset to factory data, connect and deactivate the gimbal, the gps, I cannot take off. I have not found a solution at the moment. Please if anyone knows why this problem arose and how I can solve it I will be very grateful. I bought this drone Mavic Pro (1) a long time ago and it has helped me to warn, prevent and verify natural disasters in the area where I live, this helps us greatly in mitigating natural disasters.
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules