some mavic pro questions
750 4 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

1. is the range severely crippled in CE mode like with the spark/air's wifi in CE mode or will i still be able to get 2000m in a half-urban area(in sweden)?
2. can you use an android device and a GPS spoofer to toggle it into FCC mode as you can do with the spark/air?
2018-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It’s 2.5 miles in CE, you can try to mod your Mavic Pro but your warranty may be in danger of being void.
2018-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Mavic Pro has the best range you will get from any DJI (consumer) drone right now.
Even in CE mode I get more than enough range since I need to remain line of sight.
I so far never had connection issues at all.
I'm not 100% sure about this in Sweden, but I believe you must also remain line of sight all the time.
So no need to get to 2000m, since that would make your drone invisible.
But I think you will be able to get to that distance in CE mode, although other signals and the terrain might be an issue.
Yes, you will be able to fool your rooted android device you are in some FCC country.
I don't know how, but I'm sure you can find your way on other fora that allow for these discussions.
Wish you a lot of safe flights!
2018-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

https://transportstyrelsen.se/gl ... dronare-a4-_eng.pdf
Your max distance is 500m if I read correctly, so that should not be any problem with the Mavic Pro (CE)
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1. 4KM
2. No idea - 4KM is 8 times more than is permitted to maintain VLOS anyway.
2018-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules