Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best monitor for use
8871 10 2018-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

I'm looking for a better monitor to use with my mavic air. Currently I use a Galaxy S7 active. It works OK, but I would like something bigger and with a brighter display in sunlight. Any suggestions?
2018-5-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Either DJI Crystal Sky (for the brightness) or an iPhone plus model (7 and up).
2018-5-24
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yup you will get the brightest display with the CrystalSky indeed and the iPad mini's are good as well.  You want to stick with either the CrystalSky or Apple products for best compatibility.  More issues with Android than anything else.
2018-5-24
Use props
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

Thanks,
A couple of questions, can you mount the CrystalSky to a Mavic Air controller? I saw mounting brackets for other drones, but not the Air. (But I may have just missed it).
2018-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. The DJI Crystal Sky will be a great device for your Mavic Air. I will be sending you a link for you to check the specification of the DJI Crystal Sky. https://store.dji.com/product/cr ... ion=0&vid=23531

Thank you.
2018-5-24
Use props
METROID
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105741 ft
Russia

Check Galaxy Note 8 screen, it has up to 1200 nit display/
2018-5-24
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

iPad mini 4 used with a hoodman sunshade by mavmount, great combination even in the brightest of lighting conditions.
2018-5-24
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft

I use the iPad mini 4. Works great and fits in the RC.

2018-5-24
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Tried many!

Iconia, Tab A 10.1, Zenpad, Ipad Mini 4, Ipad Pro, and Galaxy Tab S3 9.7

Other than CS, the brightest best looking screen was the Tab S3 9.7. I think the nits on that one are around 680, IPP comes in around 430 nits, so the S3 was much brighter and actually decent in sunlight. Screen will reflect some, but it's not too bad. The image from the MP is nice and clear, and Go 4 app really stands out.

To me, I think the app itself is set for phones, and on tablets it gets upscaled. Video cached looks amazing.

I liked the IPP too, not quite as bright, kind of soft actually, and GPS version was hundreds more than the Tab S3 9.7.

I ended up with the Best Buy 128G version for $50 more than the on sale 64 G at $449.

Screen looks really good, fantastic display, and I have not had any problems with the MP. Works great. No lag, no issues.
Android devices however will want to charge off the remote control. Disable fast charge on the tab and the drain is not too bad. I still run through 3 batts on the MP and have 50% on the RC.
Some add on a portable charger to keep the RC charging, but I've not had to worry about that. 3 batts worth gets me what I need and then some.

I also added the keyboard which is cool. It's not bluetooth, plugs in direct to S3 with a mag lock. Works great! Super powerful cpu, 4G Ram, great pixel density, GPS, and plenty of storage. Mine is 128G, but I can add up to a 256G card.
2018-5-24
Use props
helen233
New

United States

I know how important it is to choose a good monitor. Very much depends on it from quality to convenience. I chose a very long time until I found something that suited me both in price and quality. You can see a couple of options here.https://www.bestadvisor.com/computer-monitors
2018-10-31
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

I'm using iPhoneX with good video performance
2018-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules