o(^-^)o
SEAVIXEN892
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ifound this article online ?
today ,
or is this wishful thinking  on some peoples thoughts  of what should happen  ??

https://www.thecasefarm.co.uk/gu ... one-regulations-uk/
2018-5-25
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

The last I heard about any proposed changes have been deferred to the first quarter of 2019.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Nidge Posted at 2018-5-25 02:08
The last I heard about any proposed changes have been deferred to the first quarter of 2019.

In Malta the 'New Rules' came out in 1st May 2018.

Even though UK is opting for Brexit they still where guided from the Latest EASA Meeting in 2018 - (European Aviation Safety Agency).
2018-5-25
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Nidge Posted at 2018-5-25 02:08

Where did you hear it has been put back to 2019? I'm sure it was due around now so that would make sense.
2018-5-25
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think that there have been too many "near misses" at the various airports around the UK for the Government to realise that not all drone flyers are responsible. I'd be furious if my flight to Gatwick had been diverted elsewhere because of a drone flyer flying too close to the airport. Think new regs and a stricter amateur license, perhaps like a driving license will appear soon...Think our Government too tied up in Brexit at present to look hard at what else was due to be regulated. A shame, but the minority that flout the laws will cause extra cost and legislation for the rest of us.
2018-5-25
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-5-25 04:48
I think that there have been too many "near misses" at the various airports around the UK for the Government to realise that not all drone flyers are responsible. I'd be furious if my flight to Gatwick had been diverted elsewhere because of a drone flyer flying too close to the airport. Think new regs and a stricter amateur license, perhaps like a driving license will appear soon...Think our Government too tied up in Brexit at present to look hard at what else was due to be regulated. A shame, but the minority that flout the laws will cause extra cost and legislation for the rest of us.

I agree. I think this is inevitably the way things are going.
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Proposals will be heard in parliament then it will need to be written into law under the air navigation order - that will need to pass through the Lords too. It will be quite some time before the revised proposals from the consultation become legal. That said, the proposal is minimal - register the drone, pass a little on line test and if caught flying illegally you'll get more than a slapped hand to say the least.
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for the useful information.
2018-5-25
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

Drone-Mike Posted at 2018-5-25 03:05
Where did you hear it has been put back to 2019? I'm sure it was due around now so that would make sense.

https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/droneregulation.html
To be honest, based on past experience, they will have problems finding their rearends with both hands.
2018-5-26
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Nidge Posted at 2018-5-26 00:15
https://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/droneregulation.html
To be honest, based on past experience, they will have problems finding their rearends with both hands.

Completely agree!

It also wouldn't surprise me if they wait for the EASA regulations to officially be announced to save doing the work twice.
2018-5-29
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Just announced on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44293905
2018-5-30
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Yes I heard July 2018 , probably more like 2019
2018-5-30
Use props
13rovers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13766 ft
United Kingdom

m1n1s Posted at 2018-5-30 04:30
Yes I heard July 2018 , probably more like 2019

and fortunately for us Spark owners, they will have flown away of their own accord by then!  
2018-5-30
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Actual list of the new laws here: https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... one-laws-announced/

The ones coming this year won't really make a difference IMO. Not something I do anyway!
2018-5-30
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

The only issue I can see is if the online safety test is expensive. I already pay for third party insurance and am happy to register it, just not to pay huge amounts to take a safety test.  I wonder how often the test would need retaking?
2018-5-30
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4

Drone-Mike Posted at 2018-5-30 00:30
Just announced on the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44293905

I have to say, as a UK resident, I read that article and thought "fair enough". Even on this forum, which is only frequented by pilots with more than a passing inclination for responsibility, we see quite a few admissions of people having done potentially dangerous things, usually out of ignorance. All the signs are pointing towards a major incident unless some checks are put in place. Don't forget, DJI products are sold in the Apple stores alongside earphones. It's not obvious to some people that there are more responsibilities that come with owning a drone than a pair of earphones. The way they're marketed doesn't make that obvious. I bought a drone having researched it first, but people more affluent than me could easily but one as an impulse and cause an incident. Unbelievably, I was in Madrid airport last month and saw a £1000 drone for sale in a vending machine! In an airport! It's almost begging for a major incident!
2018-5-30
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Heliguy has just updated his website with "NEW UK DRONE LAWS ANNOUNCED" at https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... one-laws-announced/
2018-5-30
Use props
SEAVIXEN892
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JimFandango Posted at 2018-5-30 07:39
I have to say, as a UK resident, I read that article and thought "fair enough". Even on this forum, which is only frequented by pilots with more than a passing inclination for responsibility, we see quite a few admissions of people having done potentially dangerous things, usually out of ignorance. All the signs are pointing towards a major incident unless some checks are put in place. Don't forget, DJI products are sold in the Apple stores alongside earphones. It's not obvious to some people that there are more responsibilities that come with owning a drone than a pair of earphones. The way they're marketed doesn't make that obvious. I bought a drone having researched it first, but people more affluent than me could easily but one as an impulse and cause an incident. Unbelievably, I was in Madrid airport last month and saw a £1000 drone for sale in a vending machine! In an airport! It's almost begging for a major incident!

HI jim?
i am also a u.k resident and agree  with your sentiments,
the thing is on other forums and groups , there are a lot of people  that have no conception ,
that what they are doing is both stupid and dangerous ,  they fly way to high, over a thousand feet in some cases , and   they dont realize that a  bird strike on an aircraft in the wrong place can bring it down, never mind a 3kg drone !
and there are a host of images where a drone has struck an aircraft ,
and dont forget the  ive flown ,miles in a straight line idiots,
i do my utmost to fly safely,
within the guidelines  i even wear a high viz vest , telling people what i am doing on average , i normally fly between 100-200 feet altitude i can see my drone at all times , i think the new proposed regs ,
are sensible  and the other thing is is ! if you are flying within guidelines , you have nothing to worry about,  apart from say  a troglodyte or 2 that dont understand  the thrill of flying ,
i originally bought mine for photography ,  which i enjoy, and a drone can expand my horizons in that field, i am travelling to france later this year to use it to photograph  commonwealth war-grave commission cemetery s , on the somme  where the ROYAL NAVAL DIVISION are buried
, i take it very seriously  and dont like the bad press that abounds at the moment brought about by  selfish thoughtless morons who dont give a big rats BUM about anyone else
2018-5-30
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1998 ft
United Kingdom

I'd be happy to take the test  ,  and i am already fed up of idiots  who fly close to planes and airports  and those in general who are a  nuisance with their drones . It makes all responsible owners look bad.
I'll be in Canada from mid June  to September  with my Spark  and have Public  liabiilty insurance for both  UK and Canada   ,  hope i can take the test from over there if it happens .
2018-5-30
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Col20H Posted at 2018-5-30 08:56
I'd be happy to take the test  ,  and i am already fed up of idiots  who fly close to planes and airports  and those in general who are a  nuisance with their drones . It makes all responsible owners look bad.
I'll be in Canada from mid June  to September  with my Spark  and have Public  liabiilty insurance for both  UK and Canada   ,  hope i can take the test from over there if it happens .

It doesn't look like tests will be in until the end of 2019.

Liability insurance just seems logical now. Not worth the risk.
2018-5-31
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Col20H Posted at 2018-5-30 08:56

Would you mid sharing which company you chose for the PL insurance please? Thanks
Chris
2018-5-31
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

The thin end of the wedge, give it 5-10 years and the only people who will be flying drones will be professionals, rich people, the ultra-dedicated and criminals. Once registration comes in flying will be milked by cash strapped governments and used as a media whipping boy the same way they do with firearms/the shooting community in this country.

Pilot license, only able to fly government approved drones, have to be a member of a drone club, only fly in designated flying club areas etc etc etc. Trust me, its all in the pipeline and there'll be plenty of turkeys looking forward to Christmas/asking for it within the drone community, as it'll start as 'reasonable' measures.....

Enjoy the freedom while we still have it folks!
2018-5-31
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-5-31 01:34
Would you mid sharing which company you chose for the PL insurance please? Thanks
Chris

Sent you a PM  .
2018-5-31
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Mind doing the same with me? My year is almost up and I want to compare prices.
2018-5-31
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Drone-Mike Posted at 2018-5-31 04:34
Mind doing the same with me? My year is almost up and I want to compare prices.

Done  
2018-5-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Implementation confirmed as 30 November 2019 - quite a while yet
2018-5-31
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you, what a sensible / smart idea. Think I will probably do exactly the same ;-)
2018-5-31
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-5-31 06:49
Thank you, what a sensible / smart idea. Think I will probably do exactly the same ;-)

You're welcome .
To be honest i did more research than flying for the first few months . Hence the low flight  distance .    I just wanted to be  really clued up  on everything .  There's an awful  lot to learn ....  
2018-5-31
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Col20H Posted at 2018-5-31 09:46
You're welcome .
To be honest i did more research than flying for the first few months . Hence the low flight  distance .    I just wanted to be  really clued up  on everything .  There's an awful  lot to learn ....

Ha, me too. I think I watched so many "how to" on YouTube, including all of Jeven Dovey's Spark videos at least twice over...the initial worry was fly-aways, but have only once lost connection and could not restore it; thankfully Spark landed just a couple of feet away from the take off point, the RTH worked perfectly. Though no idea why i lost the signal, but since then, all good. Am fortunate in that Norfolk has plenty of areas to practice in without taking risks.
Chris
2018-5-31
Use props
DPJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21686 ft
United Kingdom

My only question, how are they going to enforce the Drone Test law? With the Police stretched to their absolute limit, you're not going to have the average bobby on the beat enquiring wether you've done your drone test every time you fly. I'm by no way saying I won't do it, before people think that, I just don't see it being a very easy law to uphold. Unless the drone companies are willing to add the test as part of their "Startup" packages, so you buy a new drone, you HAVE to complete the test before the drone is activated type of thing.
2018-5-31
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 2018-5-31 01:34
Chris

Membership of fpv includes insurance. Best value I could find and good coverage too! https://www.fpvuk.org
2018-5-31
Use props
ChrisJG
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nixtoo Posted at 2018-5-31 12:33
Membership of fpv includes insurance. Best value I could find and good coverage too! https://www.fpvuk.org

Thank you!
2018-5-31
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4

DPJ Posted at 2018-5-31 11:47
My only question, how are they going to enforce the Drone Test law? With the Police stretched to their absolute limit, you're not going to have the average bobby on the beat enquiring wether you've done your drone test every time you fly. I'm by no way saying I won't do it, before people think that, I just don't see it being a very easy law to uphold. Unless the drone companies are willing to add the test as part of their "Startup" packages, so you buy a new drone, you HAVE to complete the test before the drone is activated type of thing.

I don't think the police will be able to enforce it. I do think that it'll be used as an aggravating factor for sentencing if you have an accident, though. Like car insurance.
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules