Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
APPSolute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25095 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Hello Everyone,

I just replaced a Mavic Air's gimbal-camera module from another Mavic Air which had a known good part. (I am repairing drones every day, so this task was not hard for me.) Everything went fine.

The newly built in gimbal didn't initialize to a level position so I ran the calibration, and it found the level position after that. Everything is fine with the camera, there is picture, gimbal works as expected, I can recalibrate and adjust, etc. I could fly wit the drone also, there was no problem at all.

But if I tap the top bar of  the DJI GO 4 app to see the status os the components it tells me there is a Camera Error (Error code3). Does anybody know what does is this error code 3 means? Maybe it is just a pairing issue between the aircraft and the camera module? It works flawlessly, but it is annoying that it doesn't explains the real issue.

Thanks for your help

IMG_5548.PNG
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read the issues. It is not recommended to disassemble at your end according to the aftersales policy. If you need further assistance, please kindly start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-27
Use props
APPSolute
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hungary

Thank you for your response but it doesn't help me in any way. If I wanted to take apart a product that I paid for I have the right to do it, and try to find the logic how it works and discuss it with other curious people. Sending back is not an option for me. Thanks!
2018-5-28
Use props
MSDZ
New
Vietnam

APPSolute Posted at 2018-5-28 00:38
Thank you for your response but it doesn't help me in any way. If I wanted to take apart a product that I paid for I have the right to do it, and try to find the logic how it works and discuss it with other curious people. Sending back is not an option for me. Thanks!

I have the same situation. Change the gimbal (exactly change the new mainboard included camera to the old one) everything work fine but error code 3. Did you check the different between the old mainboard and the new ?
To stop this error i think there is a solution: swap the camera part (new) to the old camera mainboard. It should stop the error. But this is not the way it should be to fix
2018-6-1
Use props
APPSolute
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hungary

After swapping the old (and hopefully undamaged) camera element to the new gimbal part part the error went away. So maybe the camera module (the small part with the lens) is paired to the logic board of the drone...
2018-6-4
Use props
Boskru
New

I'm having the exact same problem.  I put a new gimbal in and having that error.  You didn't by chance document your gimbal "Surgery" did you?
2018-6-6
Use props
APPSolute
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hungary

Boskru Posted at 2018-6-6 12:19
I'm having the exact same problem.  I put a new gimbal in and having that error.  You didn't by chance document your gimbal "Surgery" did you?

Unfortunately I haven't documented it. But next time I will make a video of it. It is not very hard once you've done it Just be careful!
2018-6-6
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

Error because DJI don’t want you switch the parts.
2018-6-7
Use props
fans9f1e36d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82215 ft
Philippines

Hello, I’m kind of new to this forum but can you guys help me out with my Mavic Air? I just replaced the whole camera gimbal module and upon turning it on the camera tilts an angle. I have attached a picture for you guys to see. Would appreciate the help on how to fix and calibrate this? Thanks!
9EEAB103-AB7C-4EF1-922B-584A075FBD5E.jpeg
2018-6-7
Use props
APPSolute
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hungary

fans9f1e36d1 Posted at 2018-6-7 19:47
Hello, I’m kind of new to this forum but can you guys help me out with my Mavic Air? I just replaced the whole camera gimbal module and upon turning it on the camera tilts an angle. I have attached a picture for you guys to see. Would appreciate the help on how to fix and calibrate this? Thanks!

You should do a calibration and it will be fine. If it doesn't move when you calibrate it, slowly rotate the aircraft so it will start calibration.
2018-6-7
Use props
APPSolute
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hungary

GDL Posted at 2018-6-7 00:20
Error because DJI don’t want you switch the parts.

Unfortunately maybe
2018-6-7
Use props
fans9f1e36d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82215 ft
Philippines

APPSolute Posted at 2018-6-7 23:17
You should do a calibration and it will be fine. If it doesn't move when you calibrate it, slowly rotate the aircraft so it will start calibration.

Still didn’t work.
2018-6-9
Use props
IcantDo55
lvl.2
United States

Same error here after main board replacement.  Any solution?
The camera motor keeps trying to get it to go up even higher and gets hot im talking 170*F hot camera.
Tried IMU calibration and it timed out at 10% and same with gimbal calibration.
2018-8-10
Use props
Optimus_Prime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

I saw from official retailer drone shop in my area when they replace gimbal of MA, they must run some special software for calibration gimbal. Kind of make sure new parts are compatible with each other. Did you try to tilt the aircraft to angle of gimbal and recalibrate?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

IcantDo55 Posted at 2018-8-10 14:35
Same error here after main board replacement.  Any solution?
The camera motor keeps trying to get it to go up even higher and gets hot im talking 170*F hot camera.
Tried IMU calibration and it timed out at 10% and same with gimbal calibration.

Hi there, if you also have the same error "Camera Error (Error code3), please send the drone back for service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
We will do our best to help this out.
2018-8-11
Use props
Moreno90
New
Mexico

fans9f1e36d1 Posted at 2018-6-7 19:47
Hello, I’m kind of new to this forum but can you guys help me out with my Mavic Air? I just replaced the whole camera gimbal module and upon turning it on the camera tilts an angle. I have attached a picture for you guys to see. Would appreciate the help on how to fix and calibrate this? Thanks!

Hola, alguien tuvo solución a este problema?
2018-9-21
Use props
djiuser_uY7fyB9BBKmC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26132 ft
South Africa

I've got the same problem after replacing my gimbel. Please don't refere my to DJI Cape Town. Any body in Western Cape that can assist me. Thanks
2018-10-14
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1621188 ft
United States

MSDZ Posted at 2018-6-1 21:02
I have the same situation. Change the gimbal (exactly change the new mainboard included camera to the old one) everything work fine but error code 3. Did you check the different between the old mainboard and the new ?
To stop this error i think there is a solution: swap the camera part (new) to the old camera mainboard. It should stop the error. But this is not the way it should be to fix

Did anyone ever come up with a fix to his problem?
2019-2-4
Use props
TwinCityAerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1621188 ft
United States

I also changed my first Mavic Air gimbal and I am having this same problem, does anyone know how to fix it or is this DJI's way of not allowing anyone to work on their own drones? Seems they did the same thing with the motors on the P4 gimbals. any help would be greatly appreciated.
2019-2-4
Use props
Edugonzalezo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491089 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

#Quick Reply Here#Hello, greetings from Colombia, I have had the same error with a pair  Gimbal repairs and indeed the "error: 3" is due to the change of the main board, I have solved it when I change the main board with the original camera that comes with it. I'm trying to prove if it's a random error or if it always repeats itself. Thank you
2019-5-24
Use props
tmaxs5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279541 ft
Spain

hola no hay manera de quitar en error gracias
2019-6-27
Use props
tmaxs5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 279541 ft
Spain

r

perdon soy novato me refiero a error 3 saludos
2019-6-27
Use props
djiuser_oJH6tusCTnTu
lvl.1

I have this same problem, my Mavic Air was installed a new gimbal with new camera, and after the exchange everything works fine, but this message from camera error Cod. 3 does not disappear. I see that DJI does not have a plausible answer explaining why when replacing a gimbal and camera set, the status now reports this error. This seems to be some incompatibility of the core card with the new camera. What puzzles me most is that then mavic air can't change the original camera if it damages ??? Answer me DJI!
AE51EBD8-CF17-4B4C-84A8-2B4004F8525F.jpeg
2019-9-4
Use props
Tahir Javed
lvl.1

Pakistan

DJI support is totally a waste of time they never tell you the solution but ask every time that send the drone to our repair center and give us a chance to earn some money.. !  that is the real problem. while they can give/share a software to their customers for fix these kind of issues. But they never do. that's why I am switching to autel evo 2
2020-4-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Tahir Javed Posted at 4-3 13:02
DJI support is totally a waste of time they never tell you the solution but ask every time that send the drone to our repair center and give us a chance to earn some money.. !  that is the real problem. while they can give/share a software to their customers for fix these kind of issues. But they never do. that's why I am switching to autel evo 2

'that's why I am switching to autel evo 2"

Good move, switch to a product that is not available and no-one has any experience with.
2020-4-3
Use props
mauriciocruzdrones.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Hola. Una solución para el Error Code 3 luego de cambiar el gimbal es quitar el sensor de la cámara del gimbal original y colocarlo en el gimbal nuevo. No es sencillo pero soluciona el problema.
Saludos cordiales.
Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
2020-7-1
Use props
nettunorobertogmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37802 ft

Italy

There are news for remove error code 3 on MA1?
2020-8-9
Use props
djiuser_s7socBk3vyVs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1077438 ft
Australia

I had the same problem. To fix it you need to do a Core Board Gimbal Calibration using Python3 on your PC, theres plenty of demos on Youtube showing how to do it
2021-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules