18618 114 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-26 00:20
Wow, I didn't know about this. Sorry that I gave you the wrong answer then.

Yes, the firmware can be updated via SD card now, here is the download link: https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

shamelin Posted at 2018-5-26 13:58
well this is great I tried the download again now all I get is the DJI screen  and just received this and got account set up.  I have not even had any flight time with this screen

is there any recovery mode for this?

May I know if the firmware has been updated in the end? If not, please download the firmware in our website and update via SD card to try again, here is the method to update: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/C ... Sky_Firmware_EN.pdf
2018-5-28
Use props
jordier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 58760 ft
Spain

fansd15ad1b8 Posted at 2018-5-28 00:30
I downloaded the latest software, it took two attempts because as I was downloading the Crystalsky got hot and shut down. When it had cooled I resumed and eventually succeeded. My question is can I re-download the software again in the hope I can do it in one go?

help .. I can not do a job ... I use the crystalsky for the Osmo + ... I have agreed to update and I do not advance from this screen ... how can I uninstall the update.
Solved ... there are 4 selections to answer
2018-5-28
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Assume you have a 5.5" CS....
Scroll up the screen, there is a fourth slider you have to turn on (Approximate location) Then you can use 'Next'

It's sloppy UI programming ...

Best regards,
//K
2018-5-28
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Updated CS 7.8 UB, DJI log returned with no issues, the quality of picture transmission is good. But what happened with virtual keyboard? I can't nane my offline maps!
2018-5-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-28 00:39
Yes, the firmware can be updated via SD card now, here is the download link: https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads

Thank you very much Mindy!
2018-5-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Matioupi Posted at 2018-5-27 23:07
I just looked how the links are crafted on the DJI official crystal sky page :

https://www.dji.com/fr/crystalsky/info#downloads

Thank you!
2018-5-28
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

skywatch111 Posted at 2018-5-28 03:45
Updated CS 7.8 UB, DJI log returned with no issues, the quality of picture transmission is good. But what happened with virtual keyboard? I can't nane my offline maps!

Look at post35, for instant help.
2018-5-28
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

As already mentioned, the test of Spark + 5.5" CS was positive in accordance to the quality of the cashed video to CS ( the video on Spark SD card was of excellent quality as well)
But today have tried Mavic Air + 7.85 UB CS and results were not so good for cashed video on CS. All of sudden it may become very pixelated and choppy, especially on small distances from RC
Video is attached. Looks it is still not resolved problem for Mavic Air. Can someone confirm or reject this?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6y4lrwwrlwwzs6/New%20Project.mp4?dl=0

Example

2018-5-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

nixuspix Posted at 2018-5-28 13:12
As already mentioned, the test of Spark + 5.5" CS was positive in accordance to the quality of the cashed video to CS ( the video on Spark SD card was of excellent quality as well)
But today have tried Mavic Air + 7.85 UB CS and results were not so good for cashed video on CS. All of sudden it may become very pixelated and choppy, especially on small distances from RC
Video is attached. Looks it is still not resolved problem for Mavic Air. Can someone confirm or reject this?

I have flown today with Mavic Air and 7.85 CrystalSky HB (not UB!). There was sometimes minor lag, but nothing as significant as in your video. Unfortunately I did not do a screenrecording for comparison but can do that next time I fly (hopefully tomorrow).
2018-5-28
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Thank You my friend
2018-5-28
Use props
pixelperspective
Second Officer
Flight distance : 417844 ft
Philippines

Updated my 5.5 last night. checked the focus peaking function and it's now working again without any lags/delays to my crystalsky unlike the previous versions. Haven't done any test flight yet as it was raining this morning when I woke up.
2018-5-28
Use props
MBrown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 619790 ft
United States

Well I finally pulled the trigger and updated everything to the latest firmware on the Mavic Pro, RC and Crystal Sky.   It went relatively smooth and everything is working.   I did notice poor video transmission for about a minute, this was very unnerving.  Thankfully it pulled itself together.

By the way, AC and RC firmware were at 1.04.000 and everything was working just fine.
2018-5-29
Use props
BCD Video
lvl.2
Flight distance : 672103 ft
United States

step3fans Posted at 2018-5-27 10:06
how to rename offline maps.  after every letter or number press the backspace key it worked for me

Thank you for the work around!
2018-5-29
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

One of my 2 CrystalSky Ultra has died withing minutes with the new update.
Its only flickering very slightly now. Also seems the right part of the screen died even more than the rest (darker).
The second one still runs currently but you could also use it as grill to cook some steak.
Hopefully it survives..
Also interesting that Auto Brightness is brighter than when you choose manually full.

Come on dji. Thats not a $100 toy screen..
Will have to send it in... Hopefully with faster service than in the past (Switzerland). Got no time to wait weeks or months again.
Update: The dead one is not even flickering anymore. The backlight has died completly now.
2018-5-29
Use props
shamelin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8058 ft
United States

Ok well I am at the DJI logo and sits there.  Is there a way to recover from this soft brick?

I have recovered android phones before by updating via ADB.  I have not seen any instructions for this.

DJI support wants me to send this in but I haven't even flown with it yet.  I think I should get a new device not a refurbed one as I just bought this.
2018-5-29
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>

Mindy, That link is for the old firmware.
2018-5-29
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I use my CS 7,85" with Cendence and Inspire 2. I have also Spark with DJI remote adapter for CS and original OTG cable but it works only in wi-fi, no OTG... is this normal?
2018-5-30
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

finnally ..  coba ahhhh!!
2018-5-30
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansd15ad1b8 Posted at 2018-5-28 00:30
I downloaded the latest software, it took two attempts because as I was downloading the Crystalsky got hot and shut down. When it had cooled I resumed and eventually succeeded. My question is can I re-download the software again in the hope I can do it in one go?

That does not sound good at all. Your CrystalSky -
a) badly needs new update to put in place firmware / code so it runs cooler
b) cooling vent was somehow blocked during download / update
c) something is wrong with your CrystalSky
d) you need to stop doing updates with your CrystalSky setting on stove!  
2018-5-30
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

No issues updating my 5.5 all seemed to go very smooth.
2018-5-30
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I have a problem.

I did the new CS update on my 5.5 CS with no problems.  It downloaded and installed quickly via wifi.
When I opened the Go 4 app I agreed to the terms then on the next page I checked off the 3 buttons then clicked next.  Nothing happens, it just stays on that page.  I can't get past this page.
I tried re-booting the CS and tried with buttons checked and not check but same thing, I can't get past this page so I can not use my CS.   

Any ideas?

This is the page I can't get past.
2018-5-31
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Please disregard my previous post........I'm a dummy.
I didn't realize I had to scroll down for the fourth choice before preceeding.
All is good now.
2018-5-31
Use props
BCD Video
lvl.2
United States

BCD Video Posted at 2018-5-26 13:16
Just flew 3 batteries on a standard P4 with all current updates and here are the bugs I encountered.
1) Go4 app crashed 2 times
2) when starting Go4 app I got the msg “DJI GO 4 isn’t responding” at two different times

Hello DJI - Hopefully the word is getting back to you that this latest update is causing the GO 4 app to unexpectedly crash and poor radio signal strength has been reported at short distances. I personally have also encountered the message "DJI Go 4 isn't responding" a few timse during and before a flight. I'm using a standard Phantom 4 with the most recent updates and have also tried a CS reset (on my 7.85" CS) and the issues still persist. Please pass this information to the tech team for further review. Thank you...
2018-5-31
Use props
BCD Video
lvl.2
United States

This is for the previous firmware version: v02.06.03.00
2018-5-31
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

Thanks Dji with this CS update, all intelligent functions work smooth, video streaming disconnected only at 800m( just this range in the open for testing!), offline maps also fine!
Phantom 4 /Europe
2018-5-31
Use props
Lickitysplit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6804619 ft
United States

Since updating the FW the App freezes and I'm getting a pop-up asking if I want to wait or cancel  forcing you to reboot , I tried a CS reset which made things worse , three reboots were needed
2018-5-31
Use props
Drone 4K
lvl.3
Canada

Nice to hear.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

skywatch111 Posted at 2018-5-28 03:45

Can you please try other user's suggestion to press the backspace key after every letter or number to see if it helps?
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Coyut Posted at 2018-5-29 07:27
One of my 2 CrystalSky Ultra has died withing minutes with the new update.
Its only flickering very slightly now. Also seems the right part of the screen died even more than the rest (darker).
The second one still runs currently but you could also use it as grill to cook some steak.

Coyut, we sincerely apologize for what happened, the device will need to be sent in for repair/replacement service if the backlight went black, our repair service has been much improved, please post the case number here if you need any assistance during this process, we will do our best to help, hope you will get is back shortly.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nixuspix Posted at 2018-5-28 13:12
As already mentioned, the test of Spark + 5.5" CS was positive in accordance to the quality of the cashed video to CS ( the video on Spark SD card was of excellent quality as well)
But today have tried Mavic Air + 7.85 UB CS and results were not so good for cashed video on CS. All of sudden it may become very pixelated and choppy, especially on small distances from RC

Thanks for your feedback, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, I will come back to you once there is any update from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BCD Video Posted at 2018-5-31 10:55
Hello DJI - Hopefully the word is getting back to you that this latest update is causing the GO 4 app to unexpectedly crash and poor radio signal strength has been reported at short distances. I personally have also encountered the message "DJI Go 4 isn't responding" a few timse during and before a flight. I'm using a standard Phantom 4 with the most recent updates and have also tried a CS reset (on my 7.85" CS) and the issues still persist. Please pass this information to the tech team for further review. Thank you...

Sorry for the troubles and appreciate your feedback, the issue has been escalated to our engineer for review, we will let you know at the first time when we hear from them, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Far_North Posted at 2018-5-31 05:59
Please disregard my previous post........I'm a dummy.
I didn't realize I had to scroll down for the fourth choice before preceeding.
All is good now.

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, please let us know if there is any further issue, hope you enjoy it.
2018-6-1
Use props
MauroLM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 495843 ft
Brazil

Before, I need to update CS, but I can not, CS shows the message "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped." someone with the same problem?
2018-6-1
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

issue with z30 frame rates lower than set 30 fps remains. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=140666
2018-6-1
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

Lickitysplit Posted at 2018-5-31 12:43
Since updating the FW the App freezes and I'm getting a pop-up asking if I want to wait or cancel  forcing you to reboot , I tried a CS reset which made things worse , three reboots were needed

That happened once to me today as well. Was able to land the drone with the sticks and turn everything off.
2018-6-1
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

planned mission flights on dji pilot still in progress. still a beta, it’s been a year or no. how is that the pro app by DJI? i also have GSPro where one cannot use the z30 zoom, so it is useless for my detailed inspections purposes. the amateur go4 has more features than the pro version. pity
2018-6-2
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

no designated dials/assignable knobs for zoom control?
2018-6-2
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

kozlio# Posted at 2018-6-2 06:48
no designated dials/assignable knobs for zoom control?

for zoom control using the m210 RC and z30 camera, or aftermarket lens such as 14-42 panasonic for the x5s
2018-6-2
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

in dji pilot with x5s and the 14-42 mm Panasonic lens, there is no indication of the zoom level - stays at 1x even if fully zoomed in (3x with the 14-42 mm panasonic). Also, the R reset button does not work with this lens.
2018-6-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules