Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New CrystalSky Firmware Released
18600 114 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

kozlio# Posted at 2018-6-2 06:49
in dji pilot with x5s and the 14-42 mm Panasonic lens, there is no indication of the zoom level - stays at 1x even if fully zoomed in (3x with the 14-42 mm panasonic). Also, the R reset button does not work with this lens.

2018-6-2
Use props
supergimp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12920 ft
United States

It's nice that offline maps are back. I'm having the naming issue like everyone else. Pressing backspace doesn't backspace but actually every keypress (including backspace) repeats ALL of the previous characters and adds the new one. So trying to type "Westchester" ends up as WWeWesWest...etc until the field runs out of characters.

I got around that by using the File explorer and creating a folder on the SD card and just rename it to whatever text I need and then copy that text, jumping back into DJI Go4 and pasting it in the filename field. A pain but it works.

However, a bigger issue I am having is that, after downloading 10 or 11 regions, I got a message on the next one that I needed to delete some regions first. Strange as I'm showing 50GB available, but ok. So I deleted a few regions and now every time I try to download a region, it starts and gets to some random percentage of completion (sometimes as near as 99%) and then gives me the delete message again, even though I've deleted a bunch of previously downloaded regions.

It seems that the allocated storage for offline maps is very small and hen you delete them it isn't freeing up space. Not sure what to do next.

Someone in DJI QA need a lesson on software testing....

2018-6-2
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm also having the offline map naming issue as well.
2018-6-2
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jbundy63 Posted at 2018-6-2 18:11

Here too..

everything else seems good tho

2018-6-2
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Great! updated my CrystalSky and all went well. I finally have "Flight log" working. Took a couple of test flights and didn't see any issues yet. Thank you DJI for the update that works!
2018-6-3
Use props
skywatch111
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8677251 ft
  • >>>

After couple hours of testing I discovered that CS 7.85 with new firmware does not save thumnail previews of the flight. I shot video and photos during my flights but peview section of the log remain gray. If I use iPad and Go4 the thumbs of my flight generates even I fly 5 minutes.
Please developers pay attention to this issue in next releases.
2018-6-3
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Tech Support, the phone team at DJI Enterprise has no solution for the DJI Z30 camera recording at less than the advertised 30 fps. Are there plans to solve this problem for the expensive zoom camera? The latest suite of firmware/software updates did not fix the persistent issue. See the z30 video tests I conducted on this forum page. Several others are also reporting issues with Z30's frame per second.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid1387607
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-6-3 14:19
DJI Tech Support, the phone team at DJI Enterprise has no solution for the DJI Z30 camera recording at less than the advertised 30 fps. Are there plans to solve this problem for the expensive zoom camera? The latest suite of firmware/software updates did not fix the persistent issue. See the z30 video tests I conducted on this forum page. Several others are also reporting issues with Z30's frame per second.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=140666&page=1&extra=#pid1387607

We do apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product and keep you waiting for the new firmware, our engineers are testing and will release it very soon, please note the APP notification and the official announcement, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-4 03:53
We do apologize for the unpleasant experience with our product and keep you waiting for the new firmware, our engineers are testing and will release it very soon, please note the APP notification and the official announcement, thanks for your patience.

Dear Mindy,
Could you please also forward the information that the compass continues not to work properly in GO 4 on CrystalSky? It would be great if this could be fixed as well.
Thank you very much!
2018-6-4
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-4 04:54
Dear Mindy,
Could you please also forward the information that the compass continues not to work properly in GO 4 on CrystalSky? It would be great if this could be fixed as well.
Thank you very much!

Support this 100%. Please pay attention to this problem
2018-6-4
Use props
SubUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74140 ft
Netherlands

Jbundy63 Posted at 2018-6-2 18:11

Workaround at #15
2018-6-4
Use props
dangerdawg
lvl.2

Tried out the update on my new 7.85" CS today, encountered several weird glitches/bugs.  Initial boot of DJI GO 4 camera transmission from P4P was in black and white, rebooted, back to color. Having offline maps renaming issue, backspace work around didn't help. Today during initial test flight,  setup camera for AEB 3 shot bracketed photo in Raw + jpeg - both remote controller and app couldn't trigger the shutter, tried switching from photo mode to video mode, would not switch, camera function was locked out. Landed, rebooted everything, worked fine. Lots of little bugs out of the gate, doesn't inspire confidence. I also find it difficult getting accustomed to the lack of sensitivity and slight delay of the CS touch screen compared to an iPad and iPhone.
2018-6-4
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>

I’m hearing you. They are buggy laggy things.
I put up with it as the screen is awesome.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-4 04:54
Dear Mindy,
Could you please also forward the information that the compass continues not to work properly in GO 4 on CrystalSky? It would be great if this could be fixed as well.
Thank you very much!

This issue has been forwarded, I will keep you updated here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-150315-1-1.html
2018-6-5
Use props
bradzilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Can't wait to get my crystalsky and try it out with the Air... Just ordered it today.
2018-6-5
Use props
mt_flyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207822 ft
United States

how do you download other apps... Kittyhawk, b4ufly, airmap, to name a few I like using
2018-6-5
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft

Plus it would be great to use it with tello please.
2018-6-5
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

Same issue for naming the maps  .....  and yes I see the work around.

However this is shoddy testing at best DJI .........

And why on earth do we have such a small section to download this ois definitely not an improvement it's a down grade IMO.

Please correct the naming issue and also consider a big change to the map download size.
2018-6-6
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-6-6 16:38
Same issue for naming the maps  .....  and yes I see the work around.

However this is shoddy testing at best DJI .........

Agree, for me offline Here maps was the best solution - download the whole country you need and no problem furthermore
2018-6-6
Use props
Lickitysplit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6804619 ft
United States

The POI mode fails to start since updating to the latest FW
2018-6-8
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

dangerdawg Posted at 2018-6-4 21:25
Tried out the update on my new 7.85" CS today, encountered several weird glitches/bugs.  Initial boot of DJI GO 4 camera transmission from P4P was in black and white, rebooted, back to color. Having offline maps renaming issue, backspace work around didn't help. Today during initial test flight,  setup camera for AEB 3 shot bracketed photo in Raw + jpeg - both remote controller and app couldn't trigger the shutter, tried switching from photo mode to video mode, would not switch, camera function was locked out. Landed, rebooted everything, worked fine. Lots of little bugs out of the gate, doesn't inspire confidence. I also find it difficult getting accustomed to the lack of sensitivity and slight delay of the CS touch screen compared to an iPad and iPhone.

I just wanted to add, I had the exact same issue on a P4 Vr 2.0.  

Camera locked up in flight, while switching from Video to stills.  Video was still live I could see the Live view, but the camera was locked.  Tried to reboot CS, but no go.  Had to land drone and power it off to get camera control back.  I also have the breakups, glitchy screen behavior on the Video Live View.

The camera issue is a big deal as if you are out a ways and switch and then lock up the camera, you just wasted a battery to come home and power off.

Hope this can be addressed soon.

Paul Caldwell
2018-6-8
Use props
andrew small
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606775 ft
United Kingdom

Can't get past "authorize DJI To Access Your Information" accept all 3 click next and nothing happens??????
2018-6-9
Use props
DaveAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113701 ft
Australia

Still hasn't fixed my issue of the CS forgetting the date/time and defaulting to January 2013 on each boot.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=129199
2018-6-9
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To fix the problem with naming  the offline maps just turn off Auto correction , next word suggestions , show correction suggestions  in the crystal sky settings under language & input -Android keyboard
2018-6-9
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

andrew small Posted at 2018-6-9 03:10
Can't get past "authorize DJI To Access Your Information" accept all 3 click next and nothing happens??????

If you are on the 5.5" CS, there are 4 items to confirm.
Scroll up that screen and you'll see the last (fourth) option.
Confirm that and you can click 'next'

Just a sloppy UI.
2018-6-9
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Latvia

Weeman Posted at 2018-6-9 23:39
To fix the problem with naming  the offline maps just turn off Auto correction , next word suggestions , show correction suggestions  in the crystal sky settings under language & input -Android keyboard

Very good suggestion. Works a treat. Thank You
2018-6-11
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nixuspix Posted at 2018-6-11 06:28

Double thanks
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nixuspix Posted at 2018-6-11 06:28

Glad to know that you have solved the problem, hope everything is fine. If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-6-12
Use props
Dan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 15058491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated the 5.5 for use with an Inspire 2. The Go4 app is very slow to fully start up now. The app often freezes briefly, or crashes entirely while in flight.  I would roll back if I had a way to do it!
2018-6-27
Use props
bnewman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6285066 ft
  • >>>
United States

This version of CrystalSky firmware introduced a non-responsive orbit speed slider in POI mode.  There are others reporting the same problem.  Using a CrystalSky 7" High Brightness with a Phantom 4 Pro with updated firmware.
2018-6-27
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Any news about new update of CS DJI Go4 and DJI Pilot?
2018-7-2
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

New update for DJI Pilot, now is 0.6.3.
2018-7-4
Use props
AndrewOwl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1065226 ft
Poland

Please tell me which is the last Firmware nr DJI GO for CS 7,85?
2018-10-17
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

AndrewOwl Posted at 2018-10-17 05:19
Please tell me which is the last Firmware nr DJI GO for CS 7,85?

Latest firmware is this

CrystalSky Firmware (7.85'') v02.06.06.00

latest Go App is 4.3, the firmware doesnt come with that...
to update the app.

Open the app ..click “Me,” then “settings” then “check for updates”   this should update your Go app to version 4.3  
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_CUbA3qHR4ijL
lvl.1
United States

Once again there are updates for the Mavic Air, but when I ask the support folks, they insist the Mavic Air is not supported. What gives?
2019-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules