123Next >
3899 83 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251558 ft
United Kingdom

I have been fighting dji about my drone that never returned home and never been seen since. They have told me i was flying near norfolk but i was about 8 miles from leicester. Also they gave me gps co for sweden. It was a clear fault with the drones gps but they seem to think i am to blame. All the infomation is clear to see it just that dji will not give me a replacement it was less than 2 months old.
Please see the sceen shot of it last flight and you can clearly see that it is knowwhere near norfolk but dji just lie to get out of sending a replacement. Make your own mind up
2018-5-25
Use props
Antipaxi
lvl.4

Romania

I assumed you used your phone to control the AC.  Prove to DJI that you were in Leicester during your flight by providing the location of your phone during that time.
For google users, just search for Google location history, and manage the timeline. It shows the exact location your phone was during the said flight. All that assuming you have your location services turned on.
Good luck!
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you post the screen shot     
2018-5-25
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Can you upload the screenshot?
2018-5-25
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

As I see that you are a beginner, I am very sure that it was your fault. Many people who have contact with a drone for the first time think they are pilots, skip the part where you have to read the manual very well and understand how the drone works. And that's how people lose their drone. But you have the opportunity to prove that it is not, by uploading all the details of the flight.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

When you have this Situation -

''I have been fighting dji about my drone that never returned home and never been seen since.''

DJI needs you send the Drone to exchange. It clearly states that Losing you Drone or Claiming It was Stolen, void the Warranty. Sometime their are Genuine Cases like yours, but I think this was done to clear out any for of Abuse by others, claiming that it was Stolen and receiving another Drone.

Didn't DJI off you some form of Discount when buying a New Drone ?? Are you telling the Whole Story ??
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 06:46
Can you post the screen shot

Hey A CW ! Welcome back Mate !

I was reading about the DJI Care Refresh - Quoting from the Site -

https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6、Can I renew my DJI Care Refresh when it expires? How many times can I purchase DJI Care Refresh for my aircraft?

No, you cannot. Currently, each product is eligible for only one DJI Care Refresh. The service plan cannot be renewed after it expires.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DJI Care Refresh is just for 1 Year only ? After 1 Year of activation you cannot renew it, for Real ? Why ?

Let me know if you have Experience about this please.

Thank you !!
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 07:28
Hey A CW ! Welcome back Mate !

I was reading about the DJI Care Refresh - Quoting from the Site -

Never bought it! Never crashed!
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 07:35
Never bought it! Never crashed!

I am not sure if I will buy it A CW. I am sure I will Crash ! LOL ! Fuc* It !

Its really funny that you cannot Renew It ! So for them after 1 year the Drone is Absolete ?

I will do a Post to see what others experience is.

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 07:37
I am not sure if I will buy it A CW. I am sure I will Crash ! LOL ! Fuc* It !

I remember reading somewhere that they increased it to two years...
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 07:40
I remember reading somewhere that they increased it to two years...

Thanks Mate ! I just opened a Post on this, as I think I will NEED IT for Sure.

Preferably - LIFE TIME !

Hihihihihihiiii !

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 07:43
Thanks Mate ! I just opened a Post on this, as I think I will NEED IT for Sure.

Preferably - LIFE TIME !

No harm in getting some cover to replace it for a lot less if you have a major crash.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 07:44
No harm in getting some cover to replace it for a lot less if you have a major crash.

A CW I have my Insurance as well, apart from this. The only bad thing about insurance is that there is the Excess Fee, I think it was about 10% Cost of the Drone to get a Replacement. The only thing that worried me, is, that if you do a Claim with the Local Insurance, they will increase your Premium or Kick You Out by not Renewing You again. I have to ask them these questions. Thats why I wanted to do the DJI Care Refresh as Backup.

Still waiting for them to give me the Insurance Documents though. I have been 1 3/4 months now Struggling for Local Insurance, including 3rd Party Damage Liability, and if I am not registered as Commercial I can forget Insurance, and without Insurance in Malta you cannot Fly or get Permit from the CAD (Civil Aviation Authority @ Transport Malta).

They are very Strict.

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 07:49
A CW I have my Insurance as well, apart from this. The only bad thing about insurance is that there is the Excess Fee, I think it was about 10% Cost of the Drone to get a Replacement. The only thing that worried me, is, that if you do a Claim with the Local Insurance, they will increase your Premium or Kick You Out by not Renewing You again. I have to ask them these questions. Thats why I wanted to do the DJI Care Refresh as Backup.

Still waiting for them to give me the Documents though. I have been 1 3/4 months now Struggling for Local Insurance, including 3rd Party Damage Liability, and if I am not registered as Commercial I can forget Insurance, and without Insurance in Malta you cannot Fly.

There is also an excess on Care refresh too and you are not covered for loss/theft - land the drone in the sea and no joy! Also be mindful not to claim twice for the same repair or your insurance company may consider that an act of fraud...
2018-5-25
Use props
Kirby Harrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251558 ft
United Kingdom

I had been flying the drone for a couple of months I was flying in Leicestershire and there finding show I was near Norfolk it no problem it's going to court I have all the info I need
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 07:53
There is also an excess on Care refresh too and you are not covered for loss/theft - land the drone in the sea and no joy! Also be mindful not to claim twice for the same repair or your insurance company may consider that an act of fraud...

I am afraid to Claim anything with the Insurance A CW.

The Third Party Damages I did a Premium of Euro 1,000,000. There is an Excess of Euro 250 for 3rd Party Damages.

That's what was worrying me, but at least having 3rd Party Cover, I can Fly with Peace of Mind.

You are 100% Right, if you lose and drown the Drone, or claim it stolen, you can Forget DJI Care Refresh or any other Claim, as they would need you to send the Drone in, and they will send you a Replacement Refurbished Drone, while they will work and repair the one you sent in.

The next customer will receive the drone you sent in, and his / her drone will be repaired at that time. I think that the Procedure with DJI Replacements, its a kind of First In (Drone), First Out (Replacement) to avoid Waiting Time.

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 08:00
I am afraid to Claim anything with the Insurance A CW.

The Third Party Damages I did a Premium of Euro 1,000,000. There is an Excess of Euro 250 for 3rd Party Damages.

You got it!
With regards to liability cover look on line national RC clubs in your country. I joined FPV UK and get £5,000,000 of cover to fly drones for rec use anywhere in Europe as a British Citizen and they are authorised by the UK CAA.
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 08:03
You got it!
With regards to liability cover look on line national RC clubs in your country. I joined FPV UK and get £5,000,000 of cover to fly drones for rec use anywhere in Europe as a British Citizen and they are authorised by the UK CAA.

Most FPV Clubs here didn't know about the New Laws that came in place, including Compulsary Insurance, this only started this 1st May 2018.

Here to get Insurance its a Nightmare Mate !

If there isn't a big price difference I will ask for a Euro 2 Million or Euro 5 Million quote too next year.

If you are interested here is my New Post on DJI Care Refresh - https://forum.dji.com/thread-149888-1-1.html

The Debate Started !

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 08:09
Most FPV Clubs here didn't know about the New Laws that came in place, including Compulsary Insurance, this only started this 1st May 2018.

Here to get Insurance its a Nightmare Mate !

Come in already has it? Mmmmmmmmm
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 08:18

Let me send you a Scan 1 Minute....
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 08:18

This is Part of the Document - Page 2

Check Rule - XVII <-------------- Insurance

2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

From 1st May 2018 you need to Observe these Rules to be in Line with the Laws Concerning Drones in Malta.

On the 2nd May I received this New Registration Form from Transport Malta.

I agree with most of them, as I will be following and respecting them. In a certain way I agree with the Insurance, as if something happens to me and crash in someone's property I know I am covered. But the problem here is that Insurance Agencies make it almost Impossible to obtain an Insurance as the Hard Time I passed I cannot describe it !

Infact last week I was having a Conversation with the DJI Agent here in Malta and was telling him all about these New Rules that came in place and the importance of Insurance, as he didn't know about these New Rules, so I had to mail him all the Info from Transport Malta so he will be Updated too.

I think this month they came in place in UK too ? ( I posted on Seavixen's Post).

This was done after the Meeting Early this Year during the EASA Meeting with all the EU Countries, Civil Aviation Directorates Depts.

Their Website - https://www.easa.europa.eu/

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 08:29
From 1st May 2018 you need to Observe these Rules to be in Line with the Laws Concerning Drones in Malta.

On the 2nd May I received this New Registration Form from Transport Malta.

Always best to fly within the rules mate! Push the boundary a little in the right area at the right time but yeah, no flying near airports etc
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 08:52
Always best to fly within the rules mate! Push the boundary a little in the right area at the right time but yeah, no flying near airports etc

Totally Agree A CW ! You know that I always rely on your Suggestions and Teaching !

Big Thanks for all the Help and Support You gave me !

Always Obligated to You Mate !

2018-5-25
Use props
djiuser_iZQhaLsxhYG1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 244675 ft

Seems there's folk on here who are trying to hijack your thread re your lost drone. Perhaps detract away from the situation you are in. It's a lot to lose and seems you are getting a bum deal with DJI. Personally I would just go back to the retailer where you purchased it from and let them deal with the poor customer service at DJI. My advice to anyone thinking of buying one of these things is to make your purchase on a credit card from a dealer, that way if it fails as yours as you stand more chance of recovering your money.  At the end of the day if the products states it will RTH and it does not and you can prove you were operating in a safe enviroment following the droan code then its fair to say it was not fit for purpose. There seems to be a lot of these drones doing fly offs...Cant all be pilot error.. Plenty of top quality pilots on here tho to shoot you down....
2018-5-25
Use props
Nehalp8295
lvl.2

wow, strong feelings
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 08:57
Totally Agree A CW ! You know that I always rely on your Suggestions and Teaching !

Big Thanks for all the Help and Support You gave me !

Thanks mate - that's very kind of you to say!
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 09:25
Thanks mate - that's very kind of you to say!

My Pleasure Mate !

2018-5-25
Use props
Mick Cheshire
lvl.2

Strong money to just disappear too..only one winner I guess.. And thats not the guy who's parted with his hard earnt.
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I should take it out really but I've flown well over a thousand flights covering thousands of miles in over two years with DJI drones from the Spark to the P4P - seven different DJI drones in fact - and have never lost a prop. Funny that I'll probably crash my MPP or MA tomorrow now I've said that but it will be my fault for sure
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

djiuser_iZQhaLsxhYG1 Posted at 2018-5-25 09:19
Seems there's folk on here who are trying to hijack your thread re your lost drone. Perhaps detract away from the situation you are in. It's a lot to lose and seems you are getting a bum deal with DJI. Personally I would just go back to the retailer where you purchased it from and let them deal with the poor customer service at DJI. My advice to anyone thinking of buying one of these things is to make your purchase on a credit card from a dealer, that way if it fails as yours as you stand more chance of recovering your money.  At the end of the day if the products states it will RTH and it does not and you can prove you were operating in a safe enviroment following the droan code then its fair to say it was not fit for purpose. There seems to be a lot of these drones doing fly offs...Cant all be pilot error.. Plenty of top quality pilots on here tho to shoot you down....

Whats up with the DownVoting Joe (Now Mike) ? We where having a serious discussion here , maybe it went a bit out of topic but we don't need you to act as Drone Police. I see you change the Picture with your Wife to a Snake ? Why ? We won't bite her. Don't worry lol ! Also you changed name to Mick now too from Anonymous ?

Now re your Comment - You think the Retailer will give him back his money for a Pilot Error ?? Castles in the Sky...!

Most probably it went in ATTI Mode and the Pilot couldn't control it. How can he apply RTH in ATTI Mode with No GPS Signal !

I am sure DJI did the best to help this guy, when asked to send Pictures and Flight Records, he didn't upload anything.

DJI Service was always Top Notch when I needed their Help, so I am sure they have a Valid Answer to his Case. We are only hearing one side of the Story.

2018-5-25
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Supply DJI with the flight log, if it shows you did everything by the book they have to replace your drone. Did you check the home point on the map before taking off?  
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-5-25 09:38
Supply DJI with the flight log, if it shows you did everything by the book they have to replace your drone. Did you check the home point on the map before taking off?

Do as Brilhas is telling you, Supply the Photos + Flight Logs

2018-5-25
Use props
Mick Cheshire
lvl.2

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-5-25 09:38
Supply DJI with the flight log, if it shows you did everything by the book they have to replace your drone. Did you check the home point on the map before taking off?

I guess the quote from op  "They have told me i was flying near norfolk but i was about 8 miles from leicester. Also they gave me gps co for sweden."
possibly means he DID give DJi the flight data.
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mick Cheshire Posted at 2018-5-25 09:43
I guess the quote from op  "They have told me i was flying near norfolk but i was about 8 miles from leicester. Also they gave me gps co for sweden."

You'll also notice that the OP does not have any drone icons under his profile... This means one of two things in my experience on this forum...
1. The OP bought a drone that was previously activated i.e. second hand and probably had a fault by the original owner crashing it - happens a lot which the OP was not made aware of at point of sale
2. The OP does not own a drone and is trolling the forum - I can't see any screen shots or flight logs, can you?
2018-5-25
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

Mick Cheshire Posted at 2018-5-25 09:43

True!!!!! My bad!
But GPSs can be mistaken. My car gps gets crazy once in a while and displays the wrong location. Always triple check the map before taking off. Always triple check the arrow direction. I suspect he didnt check.

2018-5-25
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Brazil

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 09:50
You'll also notice that the OP does not have any drone icons under his profile... This means one of two things in my experience on this forum...
1. The OP bought a drone that was previously activated i.e. second hand and probably had a fault by the original owner crashing it - happens a lot which the OP was not made aware of at point of sale
2. The OP does not own a drone and is trolling the forum - I can't see any screen shots or flight logs, can you?

Indeed!
Didnt pay attention to those.
You are a drone jedi m8! hahahahaha

2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BrilhasMuito Posted at 2018-5-25 10:10
Indeed!
Didnt pay attention to those.
You are a drone jedi m8! hahahahaha

LOL - little things you pick up along the way mate! As far as I'm concerned there was no flight until the OP downloads the flight record then we can see exactly why DJI technicians deemed this to be pilot error or indeed if the OP got the rough end of the stick and a mod can take it further for him. But when a level 1 opens a thread with 'don't buy DJI products', has no drone icons, no previous involvement on the forum and won't post anything to support their 'situation' then it looks just a tad off to me. I could be wrong but there again...  
2018-5-25
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

A CW Posted at 2018-5-25 09:35
I should take it out really but I've flown well over a thousand flights covering thousands of miles in over two years with DJI drones from the Spark to the P4P - seven different DJI drones in fact - and have never lost a prop. Funny that  I'll probably crash my MPP or MA tomorrow now I've said that but it will be my fault for sure

Knowing you I am sure you won't crash.

I trust you being a Pilot with an Airbus A380, I would be glad to Fly with You.

You are Perfection Mate !
2018-5-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-25 10:26
Knowing you I am sure you won't crash.

I trust you being a Pilot with an Airbus A380, I would be glad to Fly with You.

Hahahaha - a Phantom 4 Pro is my biggest aircraft LOL
2018-5-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules