dji go 4 not responding
1668 6 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan110645
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1315436 ft
  • >>>

Hi Everyone,  I am flying a P4P with dji crystal sky UB 7.85.  Twice now while flying at 150 feet and about 300 feet away  my crystal sky froze up and I got a message the said "dji go not responding " than my screen went black.  I was able to see my P4P and was able to land it.  All stick imputs seemed to be working fine just a blank black screen.  Has this happened to anyone else and if so how did you correct this problem.  I did updat my crystal sky today to the latest firmware v02.06.06 with no problem but have not flown since the update.  My P4P firmeware is also up to date.  I thank you for any help I can get.  
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day, I am sorry that you are having problems with the DJI GO 4 application. Please try to do a backup and reset on the crystal sky and please sync the flight data as well. Thank you
2018-5-25
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

This is a known problem. I have quit using the CS with P4 Pro due to this error.

Either u get the error posted by OP. Or video just locks up.

You can try a reboot of the CS while in flight.   If that doesn’t work power cycle on the CS.
Each time it happened with me I had to use RTH.  Controller works fine. It’s an issue with CS.
I went back to my iPad for Phantom flights.
Hoping that new firmware may have addressed this issue with P4.

Works fine on Mavic besides some random pixelated display problems.

Paul C.
2018-5-25
Use props
Dan110645
lvl.2
  • >>>

Thanks Paul for the info.  Sure hate to go back to the I pad after spending $ !,000 bucks on the CS.  I'm going to try doin a reset on the CS and see if that helps.  Thanks again.
2018-5-26
Use props
BCD Video
lvl.2
Flight distance : 672103 ft

I tested my standard P4 today with my 7.85 CS with the newest update release (V02.06.06.00) and experienced multiple crashes from the DJI Go 4 app. It’s so ridiculous that DJI can’t get this right. It seems like the GO 4 app struggles to stay connected and then fails and the screen goes black. I performed a reboot and was able to get the go 4 app to reconnect but these kind of bugs are really disappointing and make it very difficult for me to fly in a safe manner...
2018-5-26
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Be aware that your flight record might be missing even full or partly when the Go4 app crashes, i have seen this several times now on the +RC.
This could be critical for the ones flying out of sight in case the aircraft won't return and the flight record is not present due to an app crash!
2018-5-27
Use props
Dan110645
lvl.2
  • >>>

KedDK Posted at 2018-5-27 04:27
Be aware that your flight record might be missing even full or partly when the Go4 app crashes, i have seen this several times now on the +RC.
This could be critical for the ones flying out of sight in case the aircraft won't return and the flight record is not present due to an app crash!

Thanks for the reply everyone.  I downloaded the latest version of Crystal sky yesterday V02.06.06 and that version also updated the dji g0 4 app as well.  After updating I took my P4P out for a test flight.  My first flight went  well, no problems but when I switched to a 2 nd battery it froze on the dji black welcome screen with the dji logo in to center  I tried everything to get it unstuck but nothing worked.  Finally I took out the battery of the crystal sky, I let it cool off for a while and re inserted the battery.  This time everything went well but I have absolutely 0 confidence in the crystal sky even after the upgrade. I agree with one of the other post that said they don't understand why dji can't get the crystal sky right.  I think i'm going to return it for a refund and by an I pad pro for my monitor
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules