1870 7 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danieldand
lvl.1
Flight distance : 795125 ft
  • >>>

Hi Friends,

I'm browsing through my Phantom 4 Pro + transmitter settings and found this item. Does the Phantom 4 pro + transmitter support any SIM card SIM cards? What is this network for?

20180525_171721.jpg
20180525_171726.jpg
2018-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

As of the moment, these options on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus (built-in screen) does not have yet a functionality. Also, the remote controller does not have a sim card slot. This is like a preparation for the next update or next upgrade for the remote controller. Stay tuned and keep on checking our DJI website for more updates.
2018-5-25
Use props
Danieldand
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-25 15:32
As of the moment, these options on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus (built-in screen) does not have yet a functionality. Also, the remote controller does not have a sim card slot. This is like a preparation for the next update or next upgrade for the remote controller. Stay tuned and keep on checking our DJI website for more updates.

Thanks for the quick response. It could work by connecting a 4g modem to the USB port.
2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Danieldand Posted at 2018-5-26 04:20
Thanks for the quick response. It could work by connecting a 4g modem to the USB port.

Allow me to confirm this with our Developer Team. I will get back to you once I receive their feedback. Thank you.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Danieldand Posted at 2018-5-26 04:20

Hello. As per Developer Team, only one 4g modem to the USB port works, but we still claim that it is not available for now.
2018-5-28
Use props
Danieldand
lvl.1
  • >>>

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-28 07:02
Hello. As per Developer Team, only one 4g modem to the USB port works, but we still claim that it is not available for now.

Wow, wonderful. Work directly with public security in Brazil. (police) This would help us a lot with the transmission of the images. On the blocked areas (FLY ZONES), we have authorization from the Brazilian government for police operations in these areas. Could you send me a private message with the contact to send you the documents and a possible definitive release of our police equipment?
2018-5-28
Use props
djiuser_xjJWyqAQ2HAO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33343 ft
United States

I realize the original post is from 2018 and it is now 2022.  I just got my P4P v2.0

I have not opened the slot yet, but it certainly seems that there is a place for a Sim card.

My question is what would be the benefits of having cell service in the RC?
2022-11-14
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_xjJWyqAQ2HAO Posted at 11-14 12:57
I realize the original post is from 2018 and it is now 2022.  I just got my P4P v2.0

I have not opened the slot yet, but it certainly seems that there is a place for a Sim card.

An internet connection is required to display the base maps, to perform updates via the remote control, to record your flights on your DJI profile...
Depending on the remote control version you have, you can insert an LTE dongle into a USB socket, Not sure if this option is available for others than P4 RTK where internet connection is needed for real time GNSS positioning correction. But to my knowledge there is no SIM card slot directly on the radio.
2022-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules