Osmo Mobile 2 refuses to charge
585 3 2018-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brady124
New

Australia

Hello,
I thought of posting on this forum as the same problem has persisted twice, I’m assuming it’s a fault of my own so I’d like some help.
So I purchased the gimble less than two weeks ago. I was really excited. I downloaded the app and connected the gimble, played around with it and was super impressed. Unfortunately the device ran out of battery (keep in mind I hadn’t charged it when I took it out of the box) so I plugged in the cable to the adapter that came with my iPhone 8. I left it there for a few hours, but the app showed the device was at 1% and it didn’t turn on. I then left it charging overnight, and the next morning it was still completely dead.
I sent the device back and swapped for a new one. The exact same problem happened.
I’m asking if there’s any tip or thing I could do to fix it. That would be amazing.
Thank you!
2018-5-25
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried using a different power block.
2018-5-26
Use props
YeahNope
lvl.3
Canada

Give this post a read:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... amp;fromuid=1672419

All USB chargers and ports are 5 volts. But only chargers capable of providing 2 Amps (2A) can charge the OSMO Mobile 2 in the advertised two hours. USB ports from a PC or Mac are likely to be very, very slow to charge.

I've also used Anker Power Banks (anything over 10000 mAh), which are capable of delivery 2 Amps.

If your USB port is only delivering, say, 300 mA, it will take your device at least 14 hours to charge.

2018-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Brady, it is recommended to use the charger which the power voltage shall be 5V while the current shall be less than 2A. Please try different charger or the USB port in the computer to see if there is any response.
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules