Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass error mid-flight 200m above the sea!
430 10 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Macbrush
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1918793 ft
Hong Kong

Had my refreshed Mavic Pro flying for the first time, I keep getting compass error on and off mid-flight when it was 200m above the sea! Flew back, did a calibration, cured for that battery.

Then it happened again next battery I flew, and it went so bad that the drone went into atti mode for a few seconds this time, check the compass status immediately and it said “restart aircraft” for a few seconds, and back to normal... then as I fly back, the error still pops up randomly. I have no clue what’s going on..

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
2018-5-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 7737779 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Were you facing the camera full down at that stage? When you say refreshed Pro was this a replacement given to you by Dji? if yes I would recomend that you do a firmware refresh, cold imu recal, gimble recal and then a compass recal in an open field with no keys, watch or any sort of metal on you. or you could have taken off from a spot that had some sort of interference that stayed with your drone
2018-5-26
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.3
Canada

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TG4QP9CBORYGOYX29OLU/
2018-5-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That would scare the hell out of me - glad you returned it safely   
2018-5-27
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

It looks like the whole flight was fraught with compass and speed errors. According to data it looks like it was jumping between GPS and Atti mode, although the graph only shows a switch from GPS to Sport Mode. Something is up, you had plenty of satellites and a strong GPS reception.

2018-5-27
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.3
Canada

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-27 13:36
It looks like the whole flight was fraught with compass and speed errors. According to data it looks like it was jumping between GPS and Atti mode, although the graph only shows a switch from GPS to Sport Mode. Something is up you had plenty of satellites and a strong GPS reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mybfCXNBOEw&feature=youtu.be

What app or website are you using for this analysis
2018-5-27
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Daddy6466 Posted at 2018-5-27 14:05
What app or website are you using for this analysis

The program was developed and created by a member of this forum, I believe he is currently working on a new version and will most likely make it available again once he is done. Great contributor and outstanding member here.
2018-5-27
Use props
SparksBird
Captain
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-27 13:36
It looks like the whole flight was fraught with compass and speed errors. According to data it looks like it was jumping between GPS and Atti mode, although the graph only shows a switch from GPS to Sport Mode. Something is up you had plenty of satellites and a strong GPS reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mybfCXNBOEw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks man this really is helpful.  
2018-5-27
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 790909 ft
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-27 16:05
The program was developed and created by a member of this forum, I believe he is currently working on a new version and will most likely make it available again once he is done. Great contributor and outstanding member here.

Thanks QuadKid for the information.
Do you know when he will have the new version?
Is it possible to get a copy of the original?
2018-5-27
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.3
Canada

QuadKid Posted at 2018-5-27 16:05
The program was developed and created by a member of this forum, I believe he is currently working on a new version and will most likely make it available again once he is done. Great contributor and outstanding member here.

OK, what is the program and?or who is the member?  would like to try or make contact with him/her
2018-5-29
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

Daddy6466 Posted at 2018-5-29 01:38
OK, what is the program and?or who is the member?  would like to try or make contact with him/her

You can d/load the .WRAR file here,  https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqxvffwi3kf0eeq/FRAP%204.zip?dl=0
Down Load the FRAP.zip file, Read the instructions, you must extract all the files to the same folder.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules