Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Speed Error??
1408 8 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Finally had an error on my Mavic Pro that I got a problem figureing out.  I found references to it in the forum, but not a good explaination as to what it is.  I got 293 Flight Times, 4,290,489 Feet (1,307,741 Meters) and never a crash or even a bump.  Warm day, partly Cloudy, winds out of the west at about 5 mph.  Third flight of the day.  Home point is set, 19 Satellites in view.  Battery at 100%.   No error messages on screen.  I take off and get 343 Feet out and 113 feet in altitude in 35 seconds.  Suddenly the controller chirps and says "ATTI Mode" and a Disconnnect and the view on the screen looks like it's leaning to the left about 45 Degrees.  (No idea if Gimbal acting up or if the AC is actually leaning to the left.  Not enought time to visually check)  Rather to be safe than sorry, I punch the RTH button and the AC turns, lines up, heads back and lands perfectly.  I shut everything down, and restarted the app and the AC again and then flew for the remainder of the battery staying close without a single bug.  

I get home and download flight records and send to Phantomhelp.com.  Readout shows 4 entries starting at 35.3 Seconds stating  "Speed Error."  No mention that I can find of a Disconnect.  All Firmware totally up to date, App is version 4.2.16 (Android) Device is Samsung Note 5.  

Flight records located at:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/A2WD7W4Z6EQ36LPQRBDH/

Anyone got an idea or was this just a fluke???
2018-5-26
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

<Cricket Sounds in the distance....>
2018-5-27
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Check these out.  I have the same issue and sent information to DJI SUpport, may be sending back for assessment.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/66H02ZPM1IAQ1P9DMEY4/#
2018-5-27
Use props
Daddy6466
lvl.2
Canada

Here is another flight 2 days later.  Afraid to fly now.  ATTI mode 4 times and still brought her back home LOL... Definitely luck not skill.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TF3ZQ9BKORXOOYWBAOK3/
2018-5-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

While you say ATTI Mode ,it must have been very brief there is no report of ATTI Mode in your log, speed error and heading alignment are related to compass problems and data conflict with IMU . Could you have picked up compass problems from the ground you took off from.
Although it looks like you took off from grass verge, it also looks like you were close to concrete walkway.
2018-5-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-27 15:25
While you say ATTI Mode ,it must have been very brief there is no report of ATTI Mode in your log, speed error and heading alignment are related to compass problems and data conflict with IMU . Could you have picked up compass problems from the ground you took off from.
Although it looks like you took off from grass verge, it also looks like you were close to concrete walkway.

That's what confused me when I got home.  My take off was from a landing pad, in the grass about 10 feet from the sidewalk.  Same exact spot as I've taken off many times +- a foot.  There is a large Cast iron manhole about 15 feet north of that spot also.  When I got the ATTI warning, I heard the voice and all it said was "ATTI mode."  Having never heard it before, it caught me by surprise because it didn't say ATTI like A-T-T-I  but Atti pronounced like "Addie".  I get home and download the log and no mention of ATTI anyplace in there.  

I go back to Go4 App and re-run the flight.  And sure enough, a window pops up and says something about ATTI mode just before the RTH notice.  I go back to get a screen shot, and no more ATTI popup the next time through.  

I run it through again.  This time, there is no RTH notice pop up on the run through.  

I just went and fired up my MP sitting on my desk and connected in and checked my warnings log.  I had one at the time of all this mess that said "Weak Signal.  Avoid blocking the antennas and keep the antennas parallel to and facing toward the aircraft during flight. "  At that time, the MP was about 343 feet out and 113 feet up.  I have a long history with radios and I ALWAYS keep the antennas oriented in the correct position.  Drone was in direct Line of sight about 100 Meters away.  

I went out this afternoon to my Father in Laws and ran through 2 batteries and got some Excellent footage of his house and property.  The only problem I has was the wind picked up as I was taking off.  Just enough that the speed coming in was down to 8 mph.  Not a single problem with signal or interference.

Now you see my confusion.. LOL..   
2018-5-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

Daddy6466 Posted at 2018-5-27 12:28
Here is another flight 2 days later.  Afraid to fly now.  ATTI mode 4 times and still brought her back home LOL... Definitely luck not skill.
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TF3ZQ9BKORXOOYWBAOK3/

You got some bugs there sir.  If you do send it back, ask them what the heck "Speed error" means.  Were we having sun spots at that time?  Solar Flare?  Beats me..  I just hate it when everything has been perfect so far..
2018-5-27
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

The latest firmware update for all mavics
Everyone sucks.
2018-5-27
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4

TZero Posted at 2018-5-27 18:00
The latest firmware update for all mavics
Everyone sucks.

Well, the last firmware update for the MP was on February 9 wasn't it?  I've added a LOT of miles on my MP since then.  I've been one of the lucky ones.  Firmware updates and App updates just slip right on in without any problems.  
2018-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules