How do I up-date battery firmware
19510 47 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-27 11:10
Hi Natalia ... the last part that ref's to 'Slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware.'
Is that found in the go4 app.? As I have not been able to find that yet... Also are you confirming that the 'problem' battery IS an original DJI battery ?

I have recently purchased three new batteries for my P4A+, and the first time I put them in the AC I get a "inconsistent firmware" message on the screen, and I need to slide the slider to the right to update the battery firmware. WiFi-connection is not needed, it is done offline. The update takes a minute or so, the battery LEDs are flashing while updating. After that update the battery works as normal, the message does not appear again.
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 11:27
I am sorry for the frustration. Kindly confirm, this error will only appear if you will be using this battery? And if you are using a different battery will it also appear? If not, then you already isolated the problem. The issue is with the battery that showing the error message. May I know when and where did you purchase the battery?

Hi Again YES the error ONLY appears when this 'problem battery' is plugged into the drone.And NONE of my other 3 battery's show this error when plugged in !! I got the 'problem battery' from an e-bay seller quit 'Genuine DJI Phantom 4 drone Battery with box' and 'Dji phantom 4 battery

I no longer have my phantom 4 drone

unable to test

So I am selling it as for parts not working

Spears repair

Been having a clear out forgotten I even had this it was sat in a box

there isn’t any visible damage

Unable to test so selling as faulty parts not working

As you can see from the photos it all lights up as it should that is all I can say

It is a genuine dji battery

no refund

no returns

and no negative feedback please If you don’t agree to this then please buy this item

I 'took a chance' on this at £45...AS I said my intention for this battery was to mainly use it to set up the drone and a short test flight before using one of my 'high cap. battery's' to give more flight time....BUT I don't know if it would be wise to even 'take off' using this 'problem battery...THE LAST thing I want is to have even a low level crash !!!   
2018-5-27
Use props
Steve Kurlin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16811 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-27 11:27
I am sorry for the frustration. Kindly confirm, this error will only appear if you will be using this battery? And if you are using a different battery will it also appear? If not, then you already isolated the problem. The issue is with the battery that showing the error message. May I know when and where did you purchase the battery?

I have a similar problem with 1 DJI Battery. I have 7 x Phantom 4 Aircraft. The battery that says "Failed Authentication" dies this in all Aircraft. I certainly isolated it to being a battery problem an d tried all sorts of ways to firmware refresh the battery but to no avail.

My battery is a genuine DJI also. If there is a way to force the battery to load firmware rather than hoping the DJI Asssistant or DJI Go App will perfrom ther refresh while refreshhing the firmware of the entire AC it may be fixable.

I am guessing that DJI will simply treat these as a warranty replace but it is a shame as I am sure a firmware refresh or some sort of battery firmware reset would fix it.
2018-5-27
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Steve Kurlin Posted at 2018-5-27 16:39
I have a similar problem with 1 DJI Battery. I have 7 x Phantom 4 Aircraft. The battery that says "Failed Authentication" dies this in all Aircraft. I certainly isolated it to being a battery problem an d tried all sorts of ways to firmware refresh the battery but to no avail.

My battery is a genuine DJI also. If there is a way to force the battery to load firmware rather than hoping the DJI Asssistant or DJI Go App will perfrom ther refresh while refreshhing the firmware of the entire AC it may be fixable.

Hi Steve...Well It has not been the lack of 'trying' to resolve the battery error.And it seems that unless DJI step in here and offer a replacement / fix ( I somehow don't think this will happen though (but I might be surprised)) shame when the battery has only been charged about 8 x (3 by me)...I also feel that although this authentication error show's up on the go4 app. I do not see why that should have any affect on the flying when using it..BUT again it would be 'nice' to have someone from DJI to confirm this
Until that happens...Happy flying all and keep it safe..  
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-28 01:00
Hi Steve...Well It has not been the lack of 'trying' to resolve the battery error.And it seems that unless DJI step in here and offer a replacement / fix ( I somehow don't think this will happen though (but I might be surprised)) shame when the battery has only been charged about 8 x (3 by me)...I also feel that although this authentication error show's up on the go4 app. I do not see why that should have any affect on the flying when using it..BUT again it would be 'nice' to have someone from DJI to confirm this  
Until that happens...Happy flying all and keep it safe..

Hello. DJI offered warranty for the battery. As long as your battery is within the 6 months or less 200 times charge cycle we are very much willing to offer a fix/repair or a possible replacement. Just simply provide us the proof of purchase. You may check the link for after-sales warranty.  But if it is no longer within the warranty period, I apologized but we can no longer offer the after-sales warranty.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

2018-5-28
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-28 07:58
Hello. DJI offered warranty for the battery. As long as your battery is within the 6 months or less 200 times charge cycle we are very much willing to offer a fix/repair or a possible replacement. Just simply provide us the proof of purchase. You may check the link for after-sales warranty.  But if it is no longer within the warranty period, I apologized but we can no longer offer the after-sales warranty.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

Hi Natalia...Many thanks for your reply...So if I were to print of my pay pal receipt that I pad the seller by would the be o.k. ? and as I said the battery has only been charged less than 10x ... If you think this is within the offer can you please send me detail's and address of where to send it to...Many thanks again for all your help...
2018-5-28
Use props
hgv trucker
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-28 09:35
Hi Natalia...Many thanks for your reply...So if I were to print of my pay pal receipt that I pad the seller by would the be o.k. ? and as I said the battery has only been charged less than 10x ... If you think this is within the offer can you please send me detail's and address of where to send it to...Many thanks again for all your help...

P.S. the only thing I do not know is it's age !!! Maybe the serial number may shine some light on this ?
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hgv trucker Posted at 2018-5-28 09:35
Hi Natalia...Many thanks for your reply...So if I were to print of my pay pal receipt that I pad the seller by would the be o.k. ? and as I said the battery has only been charged less than 10x ... If you think this is within the offer can you please send me detail's and address of where to send it to...Many thanks again for all your help...

You may submit the request for a repair/replacement  via online, https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
Do not worry, our repair team will be able to check your battery's warranty. You will be notified, after the damage assessment.
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules