GPS encounters data exception, please ask technical assistance..
1991 13 2018-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Melik
lvl.1
United States

I just bought a MavicAir and after all firmwares updates it say it can not fly due to "GPS encounters data exception"....any solutions??? Thanks
2018-5-26
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61932 ft

South Africa

Try and calibrate the IMU and then the GPS. (Appolgies on the term calibrate the comnpass ...the little twerk CW will take great pains to point out a misuse of a term).
2018-5-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate GPS - seriously!

Refresh the FW on both the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 over a solid WiFi connection with a computer/lap top. Go to an open area with little to no interference. Calibrate the compass at your location and ensure your precise fly database has been fully updated beforehand via the GO4 app. Ensure that the location is not in a NFZ. Are you using an apple or android device? Ensure GPS is engaged on the device too and that the phone is on the latest IOS or Android FW.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Melik, you can try the suggestions above. If the error message persists, you might need to send the drone in for diagnosis. Please contact our support for a further help: http://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-27
Use props
Melik
lvl.1
United States

Thank you! I've been disconnected a little bit but thank you for your suggestions and I will try the updates and keep you post it!!! THANK YOU!!!
2018-5-28
Use props
Melik
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-5-27 01:27
Calibrate GPS  - seriously!

Refresh the FW on both the AC and RC using DJI Assistant 2 over a solid WiFi connection with a computer/lap top. Go to an open area with little to no interference. Calibrate the compass at your location and ensure your precise fly database has been fully updated beforehand via the GO4 app. Ensure that the location is not in a NFZ. Are you using an apple or android device? Ensure GPS is engaged on the device too and that the phone is on the latest IOS or Android FW.

Thank you! I am using a Apple iPhone 7. I will try this right now. THANKS!
2018-5-28
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-5-26 20:20
Try and calibrate the IMU and then the GPS.

You can't calibrate GPS. You where thinking compass right?
2018-5-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Melik Posted at 2018-5-28 10:28
Thank you! I am using a Apple iPhone 7. I will try this right now. THANKS!

Cool - hope that fixes it for you. Let us know how you get on. I also suggest calibrating the remote controller too - whilst this is not related specifically to your problem is will be another box to tick off as can cause drift issues in flight if not calibrated properly.
2018-5-28
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4

South Africa

G_Sig Posted at 2018-5-28 10:43
You can't calibrate GPS. You where thinking compass right?

Yip apologies.
2018-5-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-5-26 20:20
Try and calibrate the IMU and then the GPS. (Appolgies on the term calibrate the comnpass ...the little twerk CW will take great pains to point out a misuse of a term).

Not a misuse of term, just totally incorrect information that you often give out as you clearly do not know what you are talking about. I think that makes you the 'little twerk' sunshine.
2018-5-31
Use props
Melik
lvl.1
Mexico

I tried all above and nothing worked, I opened a case with DJI Support and my Mavic Air is under repair, it says they had to repair the GPS Board, fortunately is was under warranty. Thanks all for the help.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Melik Posted at 2018-6-6 14:36
I tried all above and nothing worked, I opened a case with DJI Support and my Mavic Air is under repair, it says they had to repair the GPS Board, fortunately is was under warranty. Thanks all for the help.

It’s not known a fix for this you are doing the right thing here send it in. Hopefully it won’t take to long good luck.
2018-6-6
Use props
Kevjones1959
lvl.4

South Africa

A CW Posted at 2018-5-31 12:36
Not a misuse of term, just totally incorrect information that you often give out as you clearly do not know what you are talking about. I think that makes you the 'little twerk' sunshine.

Hardly as ridiculous as your stupid comment about the underground bunker disturbing the Wi-Fi signal,chop.

Anyway I have u sussed out. You make comments on this forum to get your points up so you can get free stuff from Dji. You are what we call here a complete wanker. Having looked through your, often misguided comments, you clearly often have no value other than to add. "Good luck" "Sorry for your loss" etc. You treat this like a dating site, hope you get connected. Have a nice life jerk.
2018-6-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevjones1959 Posted at 2018-6-17 09:05
Hardly as ridiculous as your stupid comment about the underground bunker disturbing the Wi-Fi signal,chop.

Anyway I have u sussed out. You make comments on this forum to get your points up so you can get free stuff from Dji. You are what we call here a complete wanker. Having looked through your, often misguided comments, you clearly often have no value other than to add. "Good luck" "Sorry for your loss" etc. You treat this like a dating site, hope you get connected. Have a nice life jerk.

Reported! Fingers crossed you get banned for being so rude and insulting - using obscenities on a forum that children read - how utterly irresponsible. Good bye - you and your total lack of knowledge will not be missed ;)
2018-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules