Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LaoTrav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 805974 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Hi,

I would love to know a couple of questions.

Does the Ronin-s control the camera shutter during a motion time lapse?
Does it stop during the shots?

I need this functions to shoot time lapses with long exposures.

I'm waiting for the release but knowing this will allow me to know if I have to wait till the release of thr ronin-s or not to buy a gimbal.

Thank you.
2018-5-27
Use props
Straw1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 544577 ft

Yes, the Ronin-S does control the camera shutter during timelapse and motionlapses.  Unfortunately, both are pretty useless for clean timelapses ( at least with using a Sony a7iii).  It has inconsistent timing when triggering the shutter.  For example, if you select a 3 second interval, it will trigger every 2 seconds, then lag, and shoot one 5 seconds later, then 3 second, then 2... you get the idea. The resulting timelapses are choppy and unusable .  For long exposures, the movement from point A to B is consistent and does not stop while exposures are taken.  All of your photos will be blurry.  I have not tested this on other manufacturers and I was using the supplied IR remote cable pointed directly at the receiver on my Sony, which is less than ideal and a little finicky to begin with.  These all seem like things that could be fixed in future firmwares but as of now, DJI really dropped the ball on these features.   
2018-6-16
Use props
Fortnight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

Straw1 Posted at 2018-6-16 21:39
Yes, the Ronin-S does control the camera shutter during timelapse and motionlapses.  Unfortunately, both are pretty useless for clean timelapses ( at least with using a Sony a7iii).  It has inconsistent timing when triggering the shutter.  For example, if you select a 3 second interval, it will trigger every 2 seconds, then lag, and shoot one 5 seconds later, then 3 second, then 2... you get the idea. The resulting timelapses are choppy and unusable .  For long exposures, the movement from point A to B is consistent and does not stop while exposures are taken.  All of your photos will be blurry.  I have not tested this on other manufacturers and I was using the supplied IR remote cable pointed directly at the receiver on my Sony, which is less than ideal and a little finicky to begin with.  These all seem like things that could be fixed in future firmwares but as of now, DJI really dropped the ball on these features.

Agree with you.  Same experience.
2018-6-17
Use props
NAN JIANG
lvl.1

Same experience the motion lapse is useless at tge moment
2018-8-9
Use props
Dimo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1755 ft

Bulgaria

Can "stop while exposures are taken" feature be implemented in the software? It will make taking long exposure shots possible. Other gimbels sports this feature.
2018-11-20
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have the same problem, but I think with the Multi Cable for Sony this problem will be solved, right?
2018-11-20
Use props
lgibson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 303763 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have no issues doing motion time-laps with Ronin-s  
I did 10" exposures at 13" intervals D850  works great !
shot on 11/22/18   
2018-11-28
Use props
Njetno
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1244970 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes I have the same problem during holy grail time lapse or motion lapse....
When yo use the MCC cable, unless you are able to keep a constant shutter speed without affecting your time/motion lapse final result,  the internal control of the SS via of the ronin s is useless as today ... and to be able to manually control it with your app, which is Play memories when you own a  Sony A7, creates a an internal bug with the Ronin S....
the Ronin app freeze  as well as the manual control of the camera SS as well...

which force you to restart the camera or the play memories app... depends upon the mood of the Ronin. But the quickest way I found since I had to deliver the final product that day,  was to shut off the camera and restart it to take over control of the shutter speed again and launch the timelapse again in the ronin app... But if you are not very very careful you will screw up your framing alignement.

i will say that the IR cable is still the less worth solution if you need to do a day to night or night to day timelapse and I will also say that DJI need to come out with a major update on that, with the possibility to control directly the SS during the entire process of the time lapse as a menu option. Because if you are trying to do a motion lapse the fact that you have to reset the Ronin S, or shut off your camera, or use play memories to control your SS.

As today until they fix it and for Sony users it may takes some time lol... I am looking at other solutions!
2019-2-7
Use props
iClick
lvl.1
Australia

Njetno Posted at 2-7 05:55
Yes I have the same problem during holy grail time lapse or motion lapse....
When yo use the MCC cable, unless you are able to keep a constant shutter speed without affecting your time/motion lapse final result,  the internal control of the SS via of the ronin s is useless as today ... and to be able to manually control it with your app, which is Play memories when you own a  Sony A7, creates a an internal bug with the Ronin S....
the Ronin app freeze  as well as the manual control of the camera SS as well...

Hi, I realise I'm resurrecting an old thread however there is scant information regarding the Ronin S (or SC) when using them for time-lapse sequences. Are you aware if the ability to change exposure during a sequence has been added during a firmware update? I'm asking as I'm considering purchasing a gimbal and this function would be very useful if available.
Many thanks for any feedback.
2019-8-4
Use props
djiuser_1Zctp5wyySR6
New
United States

Hi guys, I just bought the DJI Ronin sc. I’d like to know if for time lapse I have to set up my camera on time lapse mode or DJI Ronin would do it. I mean I have to set time lapse on my camera and then use the time lapse feature on DJI Roning?
2019-9-1
Use props
djiuser_1Zctp5wyySR6
New
United States

To use the time lapse, should I set time lapse on my camera and them use DJI Ronin sc time lapse feature? Or DJI roning sc will do it itself?
2019-9-1
Use props
djiuser_1Zctp5wyySR6
New
United States

To use the time lapse, should I set time lapse on my camera and them use DJI Ronin sc time lapse feature? Or DJI roning sc will do it itself?
2019-9-1
Use props
Volg.in
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8143 ft
United Arab Emirates

Same bluring, but I'm not worrying about this, because it looks lake a cinematic motion blur.

Check my video from Nikon D850 + Ronin S

2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules