Need help with abnormal fligth
881 14 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8
lvl.1

Hi, took my phantom 3 out of the box after 6 months (winter) charged everything up, reloaded the go app and lichiw app.  Everything looked fine until I tries to start the motors manually, nothing, tried auto start, and it flew irractically.
Stick on mode 2
both calibrations were completed
not sure what to do. App said no update.
Before I send it out to where ever, wanted some quick step by step help from the experts, that is, not me.

Mr. Bob

2018-5-27
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did you look into the app what version of Go App and Firm ware it has?
Can you fire up the motors and fly?
2018-5-27
Use props
Droner500
lvl.4

I have heard before that the lichi app sometimes causes weird problems like that. Also, did you have the DJI go app and lichi running on your device at the same time? I think that might have caused problems with the drone or it might have confused it because one app was telling it to start flying and the other wasn't.
2018-5-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Updates/not updating or Litchi vs Go does not cause anything like what you describe.
Before I send it out to where ever, wanted some quick step by step help from the experts
What you should do is look at the recorded flight data to see if that has clues to the real cause.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Bob, just to verify, are you trying to start the motors by CSC(push both sticks to the bottom inner or outer to start the motors), right? If yes, have you tried to calibrate the RC? I'd advise testing this feature in the outdoor with good GPS signal to see if the issue appears frequently.
2018-5-28
Use props
1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8
lvl.1

Thank you so much for helping me everyone looks like I have 3.1 .38 Go app only had one application running I uninstalled the litchi just to make sure. I like to take a video of it so you guys can see up as hard as I'll follow your instruction and test it today again before I can't figure it out or should I send it to get repaired someone I can trust and won't charge me too much.ps how do I respond to each of you individually or do I just make a general responce
2018-5-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8 Posted at 2018-5-28 04:44
Thank you so much for helping me everyone looks like I have 3.1 .38 Go app only had one application running I uninstalled the litchi just to make sure. I like to take a video of it so you guys can see up as hard as I'll follow your instruction and test it today again before I can't figure it out or should I send it to get repaired someone I can trust and won't charge me too much.ps how do I respond to each of you individually or do I just make a general responce

should I send it to get repaired someone I can trust and won't charge me too much

It would make sense to attempt to find out if there was a problem and what that might be before thinking about sending it to get fixed.
See post #4
2018-5-28
Use props
1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8
lvl.1

Droner500 Posted at 2018-5-27 12:03
I have heard before that the lichi app sometimes causes weird problems like that. Also, did you have the DJI go app and lichi running on your device at the same time? I think that might have caused problems with the drone or it might have confused it because one app was telling it to start flying and the other wasn't.

Hi, Just figured out how to reply individaully.

3.1.38 go app
2018-5-28
Use props
1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8
lvl.1

Droner500 Posted at 2018-5-27 12:03
I have heard before that the lichi app sometimes causes weird problems like that. Also, did you have the DJI go app and lichi running on your device at the same time? I think that might have caused problems with the drone or it might have confused it because one app was telling it to start flying and the other wasn't.

Hi,

I uninstalled the litchi app before the test.  I was thinking the same thing.  Bob
2018-5-28
Use props
1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8
lvl.1

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-27 14:54
Updates/not updating or Litchi vs Go does not cause anything like what you describe.
Before I send it out to where ever, wanted some quick step by step help from the experts
What you should do is look at the recorded flight data to see if that has clues to the real cause.

Thank you, I will try today.  I do prefer to use litchi for FPV flying. Bob
2018-5-28
Use props
1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 01:04
Hello Bob, just to verify, are you trying to start the motors by CSC(push both sticks to the bottom inner or outer to start the motors), right? If yes, have you tried to calibrate the RC? I'd advise testing this feature in the outdoor with good GPS signal to see if the issue appears frequently.

Hi Susan,
yes, both sticks together in or out nothing. but i didn't try to calibrate the drone unless calibrating the IMU and compass does that, otherwise not sure how to do that.  I do see a small port on the drone. Do I need to go to dji to do that?
2018-5-28
Use props
1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8
lvl.1

Labroides Posted at 2018-5-28 05:07
should I send it to get repaired someone I can trust and won't charge me too much
It would make sense to attempt to find out if there was a problem and what that might be before thinking about sending it to get fixed.
See post #4

Yes, I agree.

Bob
2018-5-28
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8 Posted at 2018-5-28 06:35
Hi Susan,
yes, both sticks together in or out nothing. but i didn't try to calibrate the drone unless calibrating the IMU and compass does that, otherwise not sure how to do that.  I do see a small port on the drone. Do I need to go to dji to do that?

Susan means calibrating RC=Remote Control. The drone is often referred to as AC=Aircraft.
See here a tutorial:

2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

1b2o3b4s5t6a7p8 Posted at 2018-5-28 06:35
Hi Susan,
yes, both sticks together in or out nothing. but i didn't try to calibrate the drone unless calibrating the IMU and compass does that, otherwise not sure how to do that.  I do see a small port on the drone. Do I need to go to dji to do that?

Sorry for the confusion. Please refer the tutorial video in 13# and try to calibrate the remote controller to see whether it helps. If still not, I'm afraid that you have to send the unit in for diagnosis. You can start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-5-31
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft

IF you uninstalled the apps over the winter, and then reinstalled, you may have to log into DJI again. FWIW.
2018-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules