Is this flyable?
507 12 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gary Monk
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone! So today I crashed my drone into a massive tree in sports mode. I lost the battery but the drone was still thankfully in one piece. However, there is a crack on the arm (pic attached) - do you think it's safe to fly? Or should I send it to be repaired? Thanks for taking the time to read this
2018-5-27
Use props
Gary Monk
New

United Kingdom

Here is the damage
image.jpg
image.jpg
2018-5-27
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Please turn it in for service and do not fly it that way.
Even if you do not have Care Refresh, still rather inexpensive to repair.
2018-5-27
Use props
JDavidTX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604495 ft
United States

Ummmmmmm, yeah, NO!  LOL

Look at it like this. If that was an airplane you were about to get on and you saw a giant crack in the wing would you stay on that plane?  HaHa
2018-5-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JDavidTX Posted at 2018-5-27 19:32
Ummmmmmm, yeah, NO!  LOL

Look at it like this. If that was an airplane you were about to get on and you saw a giant crack in the wing would you stay on that plane?  HaHa

Hey Justin, I agree with you, its Common Sense not to Fly with a Broken Rotor Arm.

But........ ! Look at this !

Maybe Gary Monk has this type of Skill ! Hihihihihihihi !

2018-5-28
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

do yourself and those around you a huge favor.  Send it in for repair as it's safer than being sorry.  
2018-5-28
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

i have a similar experience and i used super glue from Loctite brand to fix. Last 8 months i have been flying safe .
2018-5-28
Use props
Gary Monk
New

United Kingdom

I've just taken it for a test fly in an empty field today and it still works absolutely fine. I only use this drone recreationally and don't fly it over where lots of people are so I'm tempted to buy some professional superglue and stick it together
2018-5-28
Use props
JDavidTX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604495 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-28 02:16
Hey Justin, I agree with you, its Common Sense not to Fly with a Broken Rotor Arm.

But........ ! Look at this !

OMG, THAT WAS INSANE!   Ok that guy I’d fly with anytime, totally wasn’t expecting him to land that plane.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I am sorry that your Spark crashed. Let me help you with this. Always put into mind safety first. The best thing we can do is for you to send the Spark in for repair so that we can check the entire drone. We can check not only the external parts we can also check the internal parts as well to avoid long-term damage to the Spark. Thank you.
2018-5-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

JDavidTX Posted at 2018-5-28 06:35
OMG, THAT WAS INSANE!   Ok that guy I’d fly with anytime, totally wasn’t expecting him to land that plane.

God was with him all the time, Buddy !

Incredible Skills even at that Moment of Panic ! There was his Life at Risk ! And still he managed to make an Incredible Stunt out of it ! He comes out Relaxed too ! My My !!!

2018-5-28
Use props
Sibstr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288940 ft
Czechia

Easy to fix it! Just a little tape...
2018-5-28
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

See my thread on fixing that....just use a 40 watt soldering iron.. And plasticweld it.. Superglue, well only glues it together, my method makes it melt back and still gets the flex of plastic...
DO NOT FLY IT LIKE THAT.. I see it is your front left arm..if that breaks in to the drone body, it will break the camera/gimbal wires, and you are in for a treat of teardown and reasembly... Plasticweld, takes 2 minuttes and you are ready to go... I have flown 2-3 hours with mine after dix, even had some crashes,,no problems or sign og wear
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules