Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lmof01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1745 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Surface2Air Posted at 2018-5-29 11:33
I’m going to guess they will come out with a lighter version Ronin-S to work more efficiently with smaller cameras. This model is very capable when it comes to Payload, but a little overkill for a mirrorless like the Sony a6500 from what I can tell. Looks like a great gimbal nonetheless-

Precisely. I remember, when first announced, common word was that DJI would launch two versions for different payloads. Ronin S is huge and too heavy for sony 6??? Series or RX100 series. I believe that very soon we’ll see it arriving!
2018-6-12
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those wondering, Olympus lenses work. I was able to pull focus on my GH5S with Olympus lenses.
2018-6-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Starliner Posted at 2018-6-8 04:09
Will the battery suck as bad as the Osmo?

The maximum battery life could be 12 hours without the camera.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

diegoe Posted at 2018-6-11 02:03
Hi Mendi, in Spain, it was never possible to preorder,why?When can we buy it in Spain?

It is out of stock in many online stores now, please leave your email and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Peter917 Posted at 2018-6-11 04:41
Here is my order number.

I'm afraid not, currently, what I can see the estimated shipping date would be in July if everything goes smoothly, we are doing out best to fulfill our warehouse, sorry to have kept you waiting.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cephas Posted at 2018-6-12 17:31
For those wondering, Olympus lenses work. I was able to pull focus on my GH5S with Olympus lenses.

You've already got the Ronin-S?
2018-6-13
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes. I picked it up a few hours ago. I’ve been testing all the features and getting some test footage.
2018-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cephas Posted at 2018-6-13 01:09
Yes. I picked it up a few hours ago. I’ve been testing all the features and getting some test footage.

Wow, that's amazing, I believe there are many users would expect your review. Please keep us updated if there are any questions about it.
2018-6-13
Use props
Peter917
lvl.2

I guess what am I so confused about is that I ordered in the first 2 hours of the ronin-s being available on May 29th and I have to wait until July yet other retailers are getting copies. DJI why are you not shipping units to customers who order directly from your website?
2018-6-13
Use props
Leonidaslee
lvl.2

Looks cool , I will buy it as birthday gift . Unless that I have money .
2018-6-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Leonidaslee Posted at 2018-6-13 04:05
Looks cool , I will buy it as birthday gift . Unless that I have money .

hey you can buy osmo mobile 2 first
2018-6-13
Use props
Leonidaslee
lvl.2

jacksonnai Posted at 2018-6-13 04:31
hey you can buy osmo mobile 2 first

If i can , i would buy it
2018-6-13
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Sounds fantastic! I'd love to give it a try
2018-6-13
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

Can we order the Cheeseplates we saw at Cinegear? I've yet to see them listed for sale, but know they will be essential for any camera needing a separate monitor.
2018-6-13
Use props
felipeolveram
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

Peter917 Posted at 2018-6-13 03:54
I guess what am I so confused about is that I ordered in the first 2 hours of the ronin-s being available on May 29th and I have to wait until July yet other retailers are getting copies. DJI why are you not shipping units to customers who order directly from your website?

I also have this question. How are retailers able to receive their shipment, and then ship it out to their own, before DJI can even send out shipment to customers who ordered within the first 30 minutes? Shouldn't there be an incentive for purchasing directly from DJI (i.e. recieveing the product first).
2018-6-14
Use props
RobertAngier
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321519 ft

Cephas Posted at 2018-6-12 17:31
For those wondering, Olympus lenses work. I was able to pull focus on my GH5S with Olympus lenses.

which Olympus lenses were you able to pull focus with? specifically curious about the 12mm, 25mm, and the 7mm-14mm?
2018-6-15
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tested the Olympus 25mm and 45mm. I was able to pull focus on both.
2018-6-15
Use props
Leonidaslee
lvl.2

Nice one.
2018-6-18
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

Why is there no response?
2018-6-21
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
India

Waiting for stock!
2018-6-21
Use props
Andie_the_Lab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1015397 ft
  • >>>
United States

got confirmation, I ordered the day it was available to order. Will receive in 1.5 weeks.
2018-6-23
Use props
MicroDilla
New

South Africa

Ordered from B&H on 1 June, still waiting...
I see the Ronin-S is compatible with the Panasonic GH4 and GH5 but what about the GH3? I know it's an old camera but I have one and would love to use it...
2018-6-23
Use props
MicroDilla
New

South Africa

Ordered from B&H on 1 June, still waiting...
I see the Ronin-S is compatible with the Panasonic GH4 and GH5 but what about the GH3? I know it's an old camera but I have one and would love to use it...
2018-6-23
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-5-28 23:13
Thanks for your attention. We have many accessories coming such as a dual handle system, external focus motor, and gimbal mounting system. More detailed information will be released at a later date.

@ DJI Grace

The Ronin-S also got my attention... but.... pull-focus and changing settings on CANON EOS 5D mk IV and CANON EOS 7D mk II are not supported... "maybe" after updating Firmware...
When this works the same way as updating Firmware works for the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Phantom 4 Pro I might be afraid...
It WOULD be a PERFECT gimbal...

I hope you will read this and take care!

CanonMax
2018-6-24
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

hosch Posted at 2018-5-31 09:09
In many images and reviews there is a small (touch)display in the left side, kind of between the handle and the focus wheel - is this included or an accessory? And please, comment on the 699 dollar price? It's 607 EUROs to Swedish currency, not 749.

[view_image]

this accessory is NOT included... only the FOCUS wheel... but that only works with one type of Sony Cameras as far as I have seen and read in various early reviews on YouTube...………………..

Max
2018-6-24
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

felipeolveram Posted at 2018-6-3 14:44
They will not include that with the base price. It will likely be an additional accessory, however all of the functions that you can control with the display can be controled in the dji go app.
____
Felipe Olvera

are you sure?

Do you mean you can adjust CAMERA-settings in the APP ?

Would be nice to hear if you checked that!

Regards,

CanonMax
2018-6-24
Use props
Eliskruja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40738 ft
Albania

hello! I want to buy this product. let me tell when it comes out of stock! when is a correct date! thanks
2018-6-25
Use props
alibaba30
lvl.2

I picked up my Ronin-S one week ago.
First, when do you expect the first firmware update to be released? I'm shooting on a Sony, and the fact that the only way for me to operate the camera through the gimbal is with a IR-cable is worthless to me. It works poorly outdoor and only some of the time. Given that any $15 eBay remote control manages to control the shutter through the USB port, this shouldn't be the biggest of problems for DJI to fix. Pulling focus throught the wheel is also a huge thing for me, but sadly this is currently not possible with any Sony models.
Second, when will the accessories be released? I'm dependent on shooting with a monitor in order to ensure the best possible result for my clients, but as of now I don't have any effective way to mount this onto the gimbal. I've been looking at third-party accessories, but don't want to take that route.

Other than that I'm extremely happy with the gimbal, but would love to see theses questions being answered and all of my worries solved.
2018-6-27
Use props
Between2tides
lvl.2
United States

Hello is anyone home?
2018-6-27
Use props
alexher
lvl.1

Do you have any informations on the external focus motor? I don't see any informations on it and no one from dji.com seems able to communicate a date for the release or a price.
This is a very important feature if you want to be able to use it with others cameras, not listed compatible with the internal focus system.
Let's say the upcoming Blackmagic pocket 4K 60fp.
I'm actually going to buy the Crane 2, which has already an external focus motor available, if Dji doesn't release more infos on this. Would be a shame because the Ronin-s seems better on all others aspect!
2018-7-3
Use props
alexher
lvl.1

Do you have any informations on the external focus motor? I don't see any informations on it and no one from dji.com seems able to communicate a date for the release or a price.
This is a very important feature if you want to be able to use it with others cameras and manual lenses, not listed compatible with the internal focus system.
Let's say the upcoming Blackmagic pocket 4K 60fp.
I'm actually going to buy the Crane 2 which has already this feature available if Dji don't release more infos on this. Would be a shame because the Ronin-s seems better on all others aspect!
2018-7-3
Use props
Arsikos
lvl.1

marioumazul Posted at 2018-5-30 17:02
No Fujifilm cameras support? Very disappointed! Was waiting this moment to buy  Dji Ronin-S but with no support for Fuji I can't anymore. Any chance to be added in a near future?

Exactly the same case..  
2018-7-11
Use props
Arsikos
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-6 03:01
We are working on testing more cameras to update our compatible list, so does the firmware, please pay attention to our website about the future update. Your need for this camera has also been forwarded to our engineers for attention. Thanks for your interest.

Sounds great, I hope it works out
2018-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules