Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is DJi will do something to help French P4P owner with new law?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OliveFr
lvl.1
France

In France, there will be a new law starting in july18. is DJi going to support the drone owners to help them using their drone respecting this new law? What is your opinion about 800g limitation?
I think it could be interesting to add a map showing precisely where it is possible to flight no?
2018-5-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Who knows what DJI 'might' do, but how can anyone answer your question (including DJI) when you have not provided any information or detail about this new law.
2018-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We have not yet received any information in regard to the new Law in France. Rest assured that we will post it on our DJI website once this law is implemented.
2018-5-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not what he was on about but i just found this, another proposal for France  

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/16/france_drone_beacon_law_proposal/

This looks like what the OP is on about

From July 2018, new legislation will therefore apply to owners of drones weighing more than 800 grams. First element of this law, it will be necessary to declare online the possession of a drone of more than 800 grams. These "heavy" drones will have to be equipped with light and sound signals in order to be easily identifiable in the sky. Drones such as the DJI Mavic Pro , the DJI Mavic Air , the DJI Spark or the Parrot Bebop 2 are therefore exempt from electronic declaration as being below the 800 grams regulations.
2018-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-28 20:27
Not what he was on about but i just found this, another proposal for France  

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/04/16/france_drone_beacon_law_proposal/This looks like what the OP is on about

Well, the Phantom already has lights, but a sound emitter would be useless unless it was very high power, and all that does it make them more annoying to the general public. Yet another badly thought out law.
2018-5-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about the part about using the wifif to send drone data
2018-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-28 20:39
What about the part about using the wifif to send drone data

I imagine that DJI will just take the attitude that they already have a system that broadcasts similar data and that can be used. I don't see them fitting extra lights or any special WiFi system to their range. BTW there was nothing about a sound beacon in that link either.
2018-5-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got that paragraph from here, sorry, forgot to add the link
2018-5-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-5-28 21:08
I got that paragraph from here, sorry, forgot to add the link

OK, they mention a sound device that will sound an alarm when the aircraft is falling?? Good luck with that!

If I was DJI, I would just do nothing. Unless a number of other countries adopt the same ill-advised idea, it is not worth going to any effort to put devices on the aircraft to comply with the French rules. Just put a big sticker on the outside of the box saying:

Not Suitable For Use In France
Or to put it in terms familiar to many Britons: "I empty my nose in your general direction"

2018-5-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ha ha, damn right lol
2018-5-28
Use props
bugbee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167556 ft

United States

A drone with a cow bell and rotating red and white beacon.
2018-5-28
Use props
OliveFr
lvl.1
France

Love your answers guys, Geebax you are the funniest. They are many ways to help P4P owners to respect these new rules. The first one is :
- Helping the owners to pass the licence.
- Propose some updates (battery update ie which allows to reach the 800gr - less autonomy but you can use your drone)
2018-5-29
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If this still is just a law proposal i believe you French UAV'ers should be busy helping yourself in the first place and talk some sense to your politicians. But yes i know such people are immune to common sense...
The registration and test for license part is common in most countries but all that whistles and bell's is too far out.
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules