3407 18 2018-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black Hawk Eagle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100118 ft
Malaysia

Dear all,

I have just buy a android phone Huawei Honor Note 8 with 6.6 inch 2K screen and performance the same with S8+. However, when I use it like a monitor for my Phantom 4 pro with the same range, 700m distance and 100m high, Android show me unstable images and iphones show me the good image with no noise.

So what happen with my phone ? Should I transfer to IOS or Crystal Sky ?

Thanks all,
2018-5-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The DJI Go App is a very demanding app, and it needs lots of resources in the Phone/Tablet. The best Phone or Tablet is an Apple device, because Apple are able to control everything in their devices. You may not want to hear this, but it is unfortunately the truth. I use an Apple iPad even though I don't like Apple products at all, and it works perfectly.
2018-5-27
Use props
Black Hawk Eagle
lvl.2
Malaysia

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-27 22:56
The DJI Go App is a very demanding app, and it needs lots of resources in the Phone/Tablet. The best Phone or Tablet is an Apple device, because Apple are able to control everything in their devices. You may not want to hear this, but it is unfortunately the truth. I use an Apple iPad even though I don't like Apple products at all, and it works perfectly.

Thanks for your sharing.
You have the same experience with me, with the same prices, android have more choice and more performances than iphones. However, some apps run really smooth in ios.
2018-5-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

The resource requirement on your device should not raise with the distance, if that is the problem you should see it even when the aircraft is 2 meter away.
You could try putting your device in fly/flight mode and see if this change anything,, in fly mode all radios should power off and there will be less sources for interference in the transmission.
Also if the versions of the App, controller and aircraft is on different release levels it could result in different issues including this kind.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I highly recommended using CrystalSky because of the feature that you can view it clearly under bright light. The maximum brightness on most smart devices is often between 500 cd/m2 and 705cd/m2. The High Brightness CrystalSky monitor and Ultra Brightness monitors reach 1000cd/m2 and 2000cd/m2 respectively, ensuring comfortable viewing under bright light outdoors.
2018-5-28
Use props
Joe D.
lvl.2

How much time do you get on a single charge with the CrystalSky monitor? I would think the high brightness would drain that sucker pretty fast.
2018-5-29
Use props
goldrock
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2303451 ft
  • >>>

Joe D. Posted at 2018-5-29 17:20
How much time do you get on a single charge with the CrystalSky monitor? I would think the high brightness would drain that sucker pretty fast.

CS comes with x 2 batteries and they last about 6 hours each. I was using an ipad pro 10.5 and just purchased a CS Ultra. The brightness of the CS Ultra leaves the Ipad for dead.  It works great (touch wood)
2018-5-29
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Both 7.85” Crystalsky models come with two batteries, the 5.5” comes with only one battery.
2018-5-30
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much time do you get on a single charge with the CrystalSky monitor? I would think the high brightness would drain that sucker pretty fast.

I have a 5.5 and a 7.85 ultra bright. As stated the 5.5 comes with 1 battery and the 7.85 ultra comes with two. Not mentioned above is that you will need to use your charger with the supplied battery charging hub. There is a list of compatible chargers on the Crystal Sky Data Sheet. Also you will need to fit a Crystal Sky mounting bracket to your RC. Both monitors are of very high quality. The Ultra Bright is so bright that I lowered the intensity. I also use an iPad Mini 4 with Cellular. A little known accessory for the Crystal Sky is the DJI Screen Protector/Sun Shade which really ups the experience.
2018-5-30
Use props
Pauxier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are other advantages to the Crystal Sky monitors as well.

* Two sd slots
* HDMI output
* Removable batteries for field replacement

You can't get any of that on an i device.

My customers are blown away when I show them footage immediately after flying in the bright sun.
2018-5-30
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-28 13:36
I highly recommended using CrystalSky because of the feature that you can view it clearly under bright light. The maximum brightness on most smart devices is often between 500 cd/m2 and 705cd/m2. The High Brightness CrystalSky monitor and Ultra Brightness monitors reach 1000cd/m2 and 2000cd/m2 respectively, ensuring comfortable viewing under bright light outdoors.

I totally agree with you. The crystalSky  not only increases the brightness, but also can greatly increase your fly distance duo to its GPS signal function. CrystalSky increased for more than 1000 meters compared with iPhone 7 Plus., as I used it for my friend's Mavic Pro.
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

How much time do you get on a single charge with the CrystalSky monitor? I would think the high brightness would drain that sucker pretty fast.

Crystalsky can use around 2 hours. And the charging time is 71 min (single charge). The CrystalSky monitor’s brightness can be adjusted manually and automatically. When set to adjust automatically, CrystalSky will adjust its brightness based on the ambient brightness detected by its light sensor.
2018-5-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2018-5-30 08:04
I totally agree with you. The crystalSky  not only increases the brightness, but also can greatly increase your fly distance duo to its GPS signal function. CrystalSky increased for more than 1000 meters compared with iPhone 7 Plus., as I used it for my friend's Mavic Pro.

'The crystalSky  not only increases the brightness, but also can greatly increase your fly distance duo to its GPS signal function.'

GPS has no effect on 'fly distance' whatsoever.
2018-5-30
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-5-30 16:33
'The crystalSky  not only increases the brightness, but also can greatly increase your fly distance duo to its GPS signal function.'

GPS has no effect on 'fly distance' whatsoever.

Please tell me whether one can fly long distance without GPS signal? At least for me, I prefer to fly the drone home if GPS signal is very weak, or image transmission signal lost (or HD too low).  
2018-5-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7 Posted at 2018-5-30 16:51
Please tell me whether one can fly long distance without GPS signal? At least for me, I prefer to fly the drone home if GPS signal is very weak, or image transmission signal lost (or HD too low).

The GPS positional information is received by a high quality GPS receiver in the aircraft, and given that the aircraft is usually fairly high up in the air, GPS reception is usually very good. The distance you fly has nothing to do with GPS reception. As long as the aircraft can receive GPS signals from the satellites, it can return home safely. Even if the aircraft loses all contact with the RC unit, it can still return home.
2018-5-30
Use props
Black Hawk Eagle
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-5-30 08:36
Crystalsky can use around 2 hours. And the charging time is 71 min (single charge). The CrystalSky monitor’s brightness can be adjusted manually and automatically. When set to adjust automatically, CrystalSky will adjust its brightness based on the ambient brightness detected by its light sensor.

2 Hours maybe can not enough for a countinous event in one day. Ipad con use over 6 hours ?
2018-6-3
Use props
Rivi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74521 ft
United Arab Emirates

Black Hawk Eagle Posted at 2018-6-3 20:55
2 Hours maybe can not enough for a countinous event in one day. Ipad con use over 6 hours ?

Is that 2 hours of use?  That does sound low
2018-6-3
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146821 ft

For what it’s worth, the iPad Pro 10.5 is my personal choice.  It’s “bright enough” that I don’t need a hood, and I’ve never had it freeze up even in direct (hot) sunlight.  It’s important to have a device with enough processing power that it can handle both the heat from sunlight beaming down on it as well as created from the CPU.  The 10.5 pro fit that bill very well for me.  I’ve had other devices that simply couldn’t “take the heat” at all and would freeze or have poor video performance.  It also JUST fits the P4P controller, no adapter needed.  (It is a bit tight but works very well.)  However, I agree it would be nice to have one of those super bright crystal sky displays. I just can’t justify spending that much on something I’d only use for one drone.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146821 ft

Oh, and I highly doubt under load (flying conditions) my iPad Pro would last a full 2hours, either.  Charging in between is required.  That’s a lot of processing that device does while flying...  
2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules