crash :( can anyone help, please
1237 17 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansce6729c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81982 ft

Hi Guys from the forum and hi dji support,
I had on friday my second crash with the spark, where she flew independently.

The  first incident 4 weeks ago was: I started the drone from a rooftop from  a building, flew maybe 10m away from the building, changed the camera  option from video to photo and then suddenly the spark accelerated  independently and crashed into the building wall, from which it then  fell  down from the 8th floor.

here is the log:

phantomhelp 1

My question: Do I have to calibrate the compass all the time before every flight?

The  second incident was last friday: My plan was to fly towards a church  and take a video from the sunset. And then again the spark suddenly didn't follow my commands on the controller. It flew by itself, accelerated into the wall and   crashed down. Now the box is broken, as well as one arm (and the  propellers). I don't understand why the spark accelerated by itself. I  also calibrated the compass before, which makes it even more weird.

Here is the log:

phantomhelp.2

What do I do now? Can anyone help please?
Many thanks and best regards,
Lars

2018-5-28
Use props
fansce6729c0
lvl.1

2018-5-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

1) Contact DJI and open a Ticket with them. They will surely help you out.

2) It depends on lot of things - Are you using a Remote ?

--> How hard you push the Yaw Stick
--> If there is Strong Winds
--> Sports Mode disables Front Vision Sensors
--> If it is in ATTI Mode it won't auto break but continue drifting, especially if there was Wind
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read the crash. Please kindly contact our support and start a case to send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support
If the unit is still under warranty period, data analysis will be suggested to check the exact status.
2018-5-28
Use props
fansce6729c0
lvl.1

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-5-28 03:49
1) Contact DJI and open a Ticket with them. They will surely help you out.

2) It depends on lot of things - Are you using a Remote ?

yes, i´m using the remote from dji. what do you mean with a lot of things?
2018-5-28
Use props
fansce6729c0
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-5-28 05:24
Sorry to read the crash. Please kindly contact our support and start a case to send the unit in: https://www.dji.com/support
If the unit is still under warranty period, data analysis will be suggested to check the exact status.

ok, thanks i´m open a ticket and i hope he give me a answer in the next days

anyone saw in the logs a error?
2018-5-28
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

fansce6729c0 Posted at 2018-5-28 06:16

Hi,

I see nothing but errors (all the text in red).

Since it is in German I cannot tell you the details, but I saw S-mode and interferenz so that might give you a hint.

"Other (9)" error message is something that DJI was unable to explain to me.

Cheets
2018-5-28
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

In case of so many errors one should land the aircraft ASAP to avoid crashes like this (still it does not rule out that your Spark was faulty out of the factory).

Good luck wirth Support!
2018-5-28
Use props
fansce6729c0
lvl.1

thanks!
i check the first log now

here is the link!

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/B1WN8U596DQD7KP0S9DR/

i think he has a problem from the first take off, right?
2018-5-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Phantom Help 1 Log - First one you didn't have any SINGLE Satellites Locked and crashed.

Phantom Help 2 Log - Second you where flying in Interfence in Urban Area, you lost from 13 Satellites to 7 Satellites and went in ATTI mode and then crashed.

You need to first let it lock, then take off. Do a PreFlight Checkist, and avoid Urban Areas. When you see you are in ATTI Mode try to land ASAP to avoid collision as it will be hard for you to Manouver the Drone especially in Urban Areas.

You need to learn what ATTI mode means, that you have control as there is no GPS and if you fly it won't autobrake but drift, wind can drift it too. TIn ATTI mode it works t hold position.

Watch this for next time -

2018-5-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Without knowing I assumed you went into ATTI Mode, tried to control the Drone but you couldn't and unfortunately you Crashed it.

I happens a lot to New Pilots as they New Learn what ATTI Mode is.

Look here I will explain - Phantom Help 1 Link - First Part (Top) in the Picture / Phantom Help 2 Link - Second Part (Bottom) in the Picture -

**In the First Part I meant - 47 Seconds Flying WITHOUT 1 Single Satellite Locked**

2018-5-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

fansce6729c0 Posted at 2018-5-28 06:14
yes, i´m using the remote from dji. what do you mean with a lot of things?

A lot of thing means - ''A LOT OF THINGS'' could have impacted you losing control of the Drone

I had to read the logs to know exactly what was Happening, as there could be a lot of factors which lead you to a Crash, lots means - A LOT OF THINGS

I don't understand why you Flew in that Area full of Interference ? And also you need to learn a bit of how to Fly a Drone before especially Flying is Dangerous Areas in a City.

I hope you get a Replacement, but try to open the Manual, Read It, Watch Youtube Tutorials, and also Read the Forum to be Prepared for the Worst.

Good luck Mate ! Now you know your Problem was ATTI Mode. In the First Comment I sent you I included it. As 99% of the Crashes are all ATTI Mode, where the Pilots will think that the Drone will stop immediately like when in P-GPS Mode. In P-GPS Mode the Drone will have Co-Ordinates to Follow and will Force the Brakes Automatically when you stop and Hover. In ATTI it will drift as there is no GPS and it won't know where the **** it is !

So best when in ATTI Mode is to Land Safely, before you takeoff you must look at the Area, and Plan, also find a Spot for an Emergency Landing just in Case.
Thats why a Pre Flight Checklist is a Must Mate !

Watch that Youtube Video I posted and try to watch and learn. Then Fly Safe.

2018-5-28
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12373104 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Normally this chart should be emtpy....(bottom part). Best to start from the beginning ; read a lot + see many video how to fly aDJI drone + practise in an open free area etc etc.
Perform always a good pre-flight and after take-off checklisy ; if in any doubt > LAND the craft. (never go flying with compass erors etc)
PS no homepoint recorded as well.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2018-5-28
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

The first clue was all the warnings! With all that red in the flight data, the only out come would be a bloody death. Carry your Spark to Terra ferma, wait for good signals and fly, fly, fly!
2018-5-28
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

That is one busted spark...not sure dji will cover iser error crashes, but good luck..
2018-5-28
Use props
fansce6729c0
lvl.1

Hi Guys,
thank you so much for your helpful answers! Though I know what the gps and atti mode is and I also have watched a couple of videos before flying and trained in an open area to fly the spark.
This wasn't the first time I flew in this particular area and I was flying it before the crash for over 30mins without any problems. That is why I find it strange, that it suddenly misbehaved. Could it be that the drone was faulty from the beginning, maybe a compass-error? Like I always had to calibrate the compass again before flying and even then it showed a compass-error. Only when it was in a specific height, did it properly lock with satellites.
Would anyone be willing to look through all my logs?
2018-5-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fansce6729c0 Posted at 2018-5-29 00:10
Hi Guys,
thank you so much for your helpful answers! Though I know what the gps and atti mode is and I also have watched a couple of videos before flying and trained in an open area to fly the spark.
This wasn't the first time I flew in this particular area and I was flying it before the crash for over 30mins without any problems. That is why I find it strange, that it suddenly misbehaved. Could it be that the drone was faulty from the beginning, maybe a compass-error? Like I always had to calibrate the compass again before flying and even then it showed a compass-error. Only when it was in a specific height, did it properly lock with satellites.

Can it be that you calibrated the compass in a interference area?
Or started just after over metal, somehow?
My concern would be the no GPS satellites.
For other reasons,I do not start the motors anymore, before I do not have minimum 8 sats shown.
Best not before the homepoint is recorded.
Because I had some "irrational" behavior, which seems to occure only with no GPS lock.
Even '"parking" it some meters in the air to get the GPS fix wasn't always trouble free.

Other question: DJI Susan mentioned to open a case.
Have you done that, already?

In the end, DJI will look not only in your flight log (after you have given it to them online), but also they will check the black box data.
In case there is a malfunction recorded, I am relatively sure they will accept technical issue for warranty.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansce6729c0 Posted at 2018-5-28 06:16

All right! If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here all the time.
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules