Video timestamps
2887 3 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GreatGoran
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36319 ft
Sweden

If I film something with the drone, is the timestamp in the SD card's filesystem from when I started it, or when I stopped recording? I need to pinpoint a particular event in a clip so need to know which end of it to count from.  
2018-5-28
Use props
GreatGoran
lvl.1
Sweden

Figured it out myself: the timestamp is when the recording is stopped. Quite naturally, since that's when the file is saved and thus last changed. Another curious thing: it seems the Mavic doesn't remember the time & date if a phone is not connected. I tried a quick recording with only the remote and the drone, no phone hooked up. That clip got a date of Dec 2013. I was indoors, so no GPS connection. Probably it can get time from the GPS system if connected.
2018-5-28
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Denmark

GreatGoran Posted at 2018-5-28 05:13
Figured it out myself: the timestamp is when the recording is stopped. Quite naturally, since that's when the file is saved and thus last changed. Another curious thing: it seems the Mavic doesn't remember the time & date if a phone is not connected. I tried a quick recording with only the remote and the drone, no phone hooked up. That clip got a date of Dec 2013. I was indoors, so no GPS connection. Probably it can get time from the GPS system if connected.

You can also enable "captions" before recording to get a timestamp per second in a subtitle file
2018-5-28
Use props
GreatGoran
lvl.1
Sweden

eried Posted at 2018-5-28 05:26
You can also enable "captions" before recording to get a timestamp per second in a subtitle file

Nice, I'll check that out!
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules