Spark goes auto landing while battery >90%
1313 12 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr
lvl.1
United States

So this morning I was trying to fly out of the 25 floors building on the 21th floor through a window, and my spark activated auto landing in 15 seca for some reason and I had to go grab it and emergency shut off.

Anyone knows the reason of the abnormal auto landing?
2018-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr
lvl.1
United States

Btw auto landing activates after I got out of the building. When it took off there’s no GPS.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Have you tried to move to a different location where there is enough GPS signal and did you encountered an error message during your flight?
2018-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-28 14:15
Have you tried to move to a different location where there is enough GPS signal and did you encountered an error message during your flight?

I wanted to fly here though lol
And no error messages, just says auto landing in x seconds.
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr Posted at 2018-5-28 14:57
I wanted to fly here though lol
And no error messages, just says auto landing in x seconds.

It might be that the reason is we are lacking when in terms of having a GPS signal, normally if we are lacking on GPS signal we really cannot maximize the usage of our spark, 18 GPS signal is what we recommend and you can try to calibrate the compass and IMU, make sure as well that there's no interference in location.
2018-5-28
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr Posted at 2018-5-28 13:58
Btw auto landing activates after I got out of the building. When it took off there’s no GPS.

Yep, I have a guess:
No GPS, VPS in place, max flight height is a lot less, than 20 floors over ground
2018-5-28
Use props
djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-28 15:09
It might be that the reason is we are locking when in terms of having a GPS signal, normally if we are locking on GPS signal we really cannot maximize the usage of our spark, 18 GPS signal is what we recommend and you can try to calibrate the compass and IMU, make sure as well that there's no interference in location.

But what activates auto landing tho?
2018-5-29
Use props
djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-5-28 18:11
Yep, I have a guess:
No GPS, VPS in place, max flight height is a lot less, than 20 floors over ground

But how did spark detects the height? I thought the downward sensors don’t work as meter.
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr Posted at 2018-5-29 13:53
But what activates auto landing tho?

You have to have a GPS signal for you to fly your aircraft and it should be a strong signal, for your drone to recognize your command accurately and since we don't have enough signal, therefore, the aircraft will not allow you to use and fly it.
2018-5-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr Posted at 2018-5-29 13:56
But how did spark detects the height? I thought the downward sensors don’t work as meter.

You gave yourself the answer:
They dont detect anything, so the bird tries to correct that.
I assume that in the start phase the Drone is following "if no Gps, not higher as vps"
It is not like in flight, when it switches from GPS to ATTI "up2pilot"

But that is just a guess, DJI would need to confirm or "send your drone for a check", methinks.
2018-5-29
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

djiuser_ym7Fg1YTgObr Posted at 2018-5-29 13:56

when you fly out of the house through a window, SPARK detects a different height and therefore signals a correction. This is not an RTH move . Also without GPS all the more likely that SPARK will atempt to correct.
2018-5-29
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft

I don't recommend flying your Spark out of any window, let alone the 21st floor. You cannot set a Return Home Point that the bird can return to.
2018-5-29
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 247933 ft
United States

Since the latest firmware update, I also get weird battery actions.  My very first flight after the update ended with my drone "Emergency auto landing" due to low battery.  The Spark had approx. 85% battery when it did this.  I kept getting a "Critically low battery" warning from the app even though I clearly had enough battery.  (I checked my settings in the app and had the RTH battery threshold to 30% and the critically low battery threshold to 15%).   I switched batteries thinking that my battery was malfunctioning and I got approximately 100 ft from the home point when I was alerted by the app that "I only had enough battery for the RTH function".  This issue is on top of the issue I am having in which my Spark will not maintain ANY altitude without raising and dropping between 10-20' without any stick input.   
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules