Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My First video from MDW 2018 in RI
535 4 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thefrancoleman
lvl.1

Hi everyone. Did did on my iphone on the drive back to Philly. Its kind of rough. Any suggestions to help me out will be greatly appreapeated!

Insta @thefrancoleman

2018-5-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Given that it was a dull day, most of the footage came out OK. Maybe angle the camera down a little more so we don't see the props in shot quite so often.  Oh!  And change the soundtrack. (Just my opinion )  Thanks for the share.
2018-5-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

The video subject was great awesome views very picturesque.
Heres a few tips.
1. Slow down never shoot this kind of scenery in sports mode.
2. Never shoot video or publish video that shows you are flying well above legal limits.
3. Your choice of sound track should complement the video unfortunatly this does not.
4. Play around with a few of the camera settings ie aperture shutter speeds etc to let a little more light in as the natural light starts to fade.
5. When panning left or right do it very slowly this will limit the amount of jerkyness in your video as you look around.
6. Try using tripod mode this will slow things down alot.
7. When shooting video during the day in sunlight you might concider the use of nd filters, especially around water a polorizing filter can help tremendously.
8. When choosing the music for your video look for royalty free music dont leave yourself open to litigation using copyright material. (www.soundimage.org) is a great source to get you started and Eric has given us his kind permission to use his music only stipulation is that you give him credit within your video clip.
9. And lastly dont be afraid to experiment you cant hurt the drone by changing video or camera settings, find what you like and work with it.

Good luck and hope to see many more videos in the near future
2018-5-29
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2018-5-29 03:43
The video subject was great awesome views very picturesque.
Heres a few tips.
1. Slow down never shoot this kind of scenery in sports mode.

I noticed you said above legal limits, how about beyond legal limits?

While I wait for my P4PV2 I have been doing a lot of reading and watching videos and one of the biggest things I notice is how far out people are flying. Legally it cannot beyond the sight of the naked eye. I watched one yesterday they the operated stated he flew 3.1 miles away and circled a National Park icon and back. No way he was able to watch the drone and he also posted photos of "No Drone Zone" signs but stated the Park Range stated you could not fly within the park, but nothing to say he could not fly from outside the park in?

I have always been too scared to fly outside a 100 - 150 yards away, maybe I am too overly precocious.
2018-5-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-5-29 06:49
I noticed you said above legal limits, how about beyond legal limits?

While I wait for my P4PV2 I have been doing a lot of reading and watching videos and one of the biggest things I notice is how far out people are flying. Legally it cannot beyond the sight of the naked eye. I watched one yesterday they the operated stated he flew 3.1 miles away and circled a National Park icon and back. No way he was able to watch the drone and he also posted photos of "No Drone Zone" signs but stated the Park Range stated you could not fly within the park, but nothing to say he could not fly from outside the park in?

I think you will find that there arent many people who can honestly say they have never gone above or beyond legall limits at some stage either on purpose or by accident.
Many of the commercial pilots will strictly stick to the law but there is little anything can be done about the hobbiest just flying for fun.
In some facebook groups you can be kicked out of the group for either admitting or by showing a photo or video that shows your flying outside of those legal limits.
I myself had no choice but to fly above legal limits once to avoid an eagle attack max altitude 132 meters. But once the danger had passed i brought the drone back down again and never flown in that area since.
Im more concerned about the many pilots who fly using goggles. This is definitely not flying vlos
2018-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules