Barometer Location
4601 5 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Shoults
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14623 ft

Can someone give me any clue to where the barometer board is located inside the M200? I need to access it and was hoping to be pointed in the right direction before opening it up again and poking around for it. Also, does anyone know if there are more components than just the single barometer board?
20180415_144150_1024.jpg
ae384ec5-4859-434e-af7b-0fcc0b55d746__57192.1520698529.jpg
2018-5-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jeff. it is not suggested to open the shell and repair by yourself since the warranty may get affected, if there is anything wrong with the drone, please send in for repair service, thanks for your understanding.
2018-5-29
Use props
Jeff Shoults
lvl.2

DJI Mindy, I completely understand. However we are attempting to use your product more than a kilometer underground to provide LiDAR scans for the mining sector. The barometric sensor appears to have a limit and we are guessing that the limit is set to about 110KPa. I completely understand that our requirements are outside the 'typical' use case for your drone but after discovering this limitation we are left with two options: 1. Find a work-around or 2. Change to a non-DJI platform.

After spending a considerable amount of money and development time getting to this point we would much rather find a work-around. Perhaps you could send this 'up the chain' and DJI could finally take us seriously and help us make their products work for us instead of falling back on the mantra of "This is not recommended". With very little effort on DJI's part we could solve the challenges we face and tap into an entire market that is looming on the underground horizon. Forgive my bluntness, but we are going forward with or without DJI and we would rather be partners in innovation since you make a fantastic product. This would be an easy home-run for your Dev department and would provide a massive return on investment for your time and effort.

My final plea to DJI as a company would be to please take us seriously as a company and reach out to us to help rather than hinder our progress. Visit our website (safesightxp.com) and see that we are entirely serious and poised to provide underground drone solutions around the world so lets work together, not in opposition. Please plant a huge flag on this message and send it as far up the chain as possible, then whomever it lands on should turn around and do the same thing and hopefully it eventually sinks in with someone at DJI who has the vision to see the potential and the willingness to nurture innovation.
2018-5-29
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Jeff Shoults Posted at 2018-5-29 05:44
DJI Mindy, I completely understand. However we are attempting to use your product more than a kilometer underground to provide LiDAR scans for the mining sector. The barometric sensor appears to have a limit and we are guessing that the limit is set to about 110KPa. I completely understand that our requirements are outside the 'typical' use case for your drone but after discovering this limitation we are left with two options: 1. Find a work-around or 2. Change to a non-DJI platform.

After spending a considerable amount of money and development time getting to this point we would much rather find a work-around. Perhaps you could send this 'up the chain' and DJI could finally take us seriously and help us make their products work for us instead of falling back on the mantra of "This is not recommended". With very little effort on DJI's part we could solve the challenges we face and tap into an entire market that is looming on the underground horizon. Forgive my bluntness, but we are going forward with or without DJI and we would rather be partners in innovation since you make a fantastic product. This would be an easy home-run for your Dev department and would provide a massive return on investment for your time and effort.

Jeff, I totally understand your goals and reasoning. I'll be surprised, however, if Mindy - as helpful as she may be - will get the message and carry it higher. After over 3 years dealing with DJI brand I've found that when modifications of any nature are involved not much of technical support can be expected. It's not about willingness, it's mostly about language barrier and scripted responsiveness. But, I may be wrong this time. Keep us posted ...
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jeff, I have confirmed with our engineers and the position of barometer can be told you. There are two barometers in M210, one located in the upper shell, right beneath the DJI LOGO, another one locates near the ultrasonic and vision module, hope the answer helps.
2018-5-31
Use props
Jeff Shoults
lvl.2

Yes and thank you so much Mindy, that is indeed helpful.

My plea to DJI and to the Dev department in particular still stands though. We are moving toward obstacle avoidance and eventually fully autonomous functionality and there are nothing but roadblocks and hurdles on the software and hardware front. This is pushing us in the direction of changing platforms to a more opensourced solution such as the Pixhawk. If DJI would like us to continue using their products then what we require is an open line of communication and the willingness to help us innovate with DJI platforms. We are a team of engineers and bright minds pushing the industry and would love nothing more than to collaborate with DJI to nurture the digital transformation that is occurring in the underground mining sector.

To paraphrase Leia Organa: "Help us DJI-Kenobi...but you are NOT our only hope" (Sorry, that was my inner nerd talking)
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules