Mobile Data Connection
1215 7 2018-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
35andsolid
lvl.1

I have got an old smart phone which is not compatible with DJI Go 4 , so I managed to got hold of an i phone 6 .Problem with this phone is it will not accept a sim card.
My question is, can I take off without mobile data connection ? Also ,I live in a NFZ ,can I set up the Spark and test flight here ? I am in the process of buying a spark ,I own a Phantom2 , so I am not new to DJI. Cheers

2018-5-28
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Can you connect the Iphone 6 with a wifi connection to login to DJI Go etc & then try to fly after ?

Otherwise, the IPhone 6 accepts a Nano-SIM.

Can you take off without a mobile data connection? - Yes you can. Login at home via wifi & download maps (if available) before you go out to fly.
As long as you have wifi or mobile data to login initially with DJI Go, then you should be able to  fly without further internet connection.

If your are in a NFZ, the DJI Go app may warn or prevent flight depending on distance & height. Check your local authority regarding where you can fly.

As you claim to be  'NOT NEW to DJI' but fail to understand the basics with data connection & NFZ ? Take a feather out of your cap.  Spark is not a Phantom 2. That was 4 years ago before Spark.

Search the forums on the 'net.
All the other information is on the DJI web site.
Happy flying & good luck!

2018-5-28
Use props
35andsolid
lvl.1

Thanks for the replay ,
yes I can get wifi ,
sim card, there is something wrong with the phones working , some times it works and then it won't
as for the p2 , I realise that , it's like Flintstone and Einstein ,cheers
2018-5-29
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

35andsolid Posted at 2018-5-29 00:22
Thanks for the replay ,
yes I can get wifi ,
sim card, there is something wrong with the phones working , some times it works and then it won't

Forget the sim card. You should be able to fly  without internet after logging into DJI Go RC /AC via wifi. Simple.

2018-5-29
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In case you would use a otg cable, you could fly online by using the wifi of the i6 to connect it to your "main phone" hotspot ;-)
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I understand that you want to fly your Spark. You can connect your iPhone 6 to the home wifi. For the NFZ issue that we are facing. I will be sending you a link ( https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav ) on this link you will be able to see the available locations where to fly your drone, on this link you may as well send a request to unlock a zone temporarily so that you will be able to use your drone. Thank you.
2018-5-29
Use props
35andsolid
lvl.1

Thanks every one , got my spark for a week now  and everything is fine ,cheers
2018-6-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

35andsolid Posted at 2018-6-10 18:11
Thanks every one , got my spark for a week now  and everything is fine ,cheers

Please keep us updated in any case you encountered any problem. Thank you