Check out my first edit!!
1118 6 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
production.spm2
lvl.1

United States

This was shot with one operator and 2 batts. Shot 1080 @ 24p. Hillsborough County Florida. Please feel free to give feedback. For best results watch in HD! ENJOY!!

2015-5-13
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Very nice!   Love the scenery!

Was the camera in AUTO mode?   Seems to be bordering on overexposed a lot of the time as there could be much more richness in the images.    I felt the editing could have been a bit tighter, cutting out some of the bumps and drawn out bits.

Of course take everyone's comments with a grain of salt and if the comments don't right true with you, ignore them immiately and carry on!  

Great job, really enjoyed it!
2015-5-13
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.1

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-14 14:19
Very nice!   Love the scenery!

Was the camera in AUTO mode?   Seems to be bordering on overexposed ...

Thanks for the comments! Actually no the camera was not on auto as I am practicing manual camera settings. I agree the shots are on the edge of hot! I am in dire need of some more ND filters! I didn't want to set to shutter too fast and the darn sun was so bright.
2015-5-14
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

production.spm2 Posted at 2015-5-14 21:46
Thanks for the comments! Actually no the camera was not on auto as I am practicing manual camera s ...

Cool.   I've decided that fast shutter trumps overexposure so sometimes I end up around 1/200 and it's still fine as long as I don't spin around quickly.

I have the Renaat ND set and that has helped quite a bit.   Having said that I don't like going beyond the ND16 as I don't like the color shifts.   I'm not good enough at grading to bring them back.

But the ND16 brings me down to about 1/90 and I'm pretty happy with the results.
2015-5-14
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.1

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-14 22:16
Cool.   I've decided that fast shutter trumps overexposure so sometimes I end up around 1/200 and  ...

Awesome thanks for the insight! I'll definitely need to get a set of Renaats filters. Next time out I'll have to see how the 1/200th shutter works for me, and I'll for sure shoot 4k.
2015-5-14
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Nice video. I live in Brandon. Are you local? I have Renaat's ND filters. We could meet up some time and you could take a look at them.
2015-5-14
Use props
production.spm2
lvl.1

United States

Gatorone30 Posted at 2015-5-14 23:25
Nice video. I live in Brandon. Are you local? I have Renaat's ND filters. We could meet up some time ...

Thanks man! Yes I am local, I actually work in brandon! You obviously have the Inspire 1, cool! I need to find more cool places to shoot.
2015-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules