I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Tomorrow is the first of June so I guess they missed it
2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are terribly sorry to tell you that firmware will be delayed, it is not ready yet, please note our website about the release, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-5-31
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-30 22:53
Tomorrow is the first of June so I guess they missed it

Actually. the 31st.
2018-5-31
Use props
lvl.4

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-31 03:10
We are terribly sorry to tell you that firmware will be delayed, it is not ready yet, please note our website about the release, sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, thanks for the heads up, Mindy. although it is really not what people want to hear. Any idea when it might be ready? Another month? Six months? Next year?
2018-5-31
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1478842 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nope it’s actually 01 June check your calendar. If your calendar is wrong then look at the date Mindy posted, or look at the date of your quoted post in my reply here.
2018-5-31
Use props
lvl.4

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-31 14:00
Nope it’s actually 01 June check your calendar. If your calendar is wrong then look at the date Mindy posted, or look at the date of your quoted post in my reply here.

Yes, the date is the 31st.  Tomorrow is the 1st. In the United States tomorrow is the 1st.
2018-5-31
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-31 14:05
Yes, the date is the 31st.  Tomorrow is the 1st. In the United States tomorrow is the 1st.

Oh your talking about the US, your right, today is the 31st in the US, but in Hong Kong (where DJI are based) today’s is the 01 Jun, and since they were planning on releasing the FW in May, it was actually missed yesterday- hence my comments
2018-5-31
Use props
lvl.4

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-5-31 15:23
Oh your talking about the US, your right, today is the 31st in the US, but in Hong Kong (where DJI are based) today’s is the 01 Jun, and since they were planning on releasing the FW in May, it was actually missed yesterday- hence my comments

2018-5-31
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

@DJI, @ DJI Mindy

And see to it to release it for All Inspire 2's having paid for CinemaDNG/ProRes - without restrictions. X5S users who have paid for the Apple ProRes license have all the rights to have ProRes RAW, because they too have paid for the license - not only X7 users.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-5-31 05:59
Well, thanks for the heads up, Mindy. although it is really not what people want to hear. Any idea when it might be ready? Another month? Six months? Next year?

As far as I know, the estimated release date would be the middle or the end of June, please pay attention to the Forum announcement or your APP notification, thanks.
2018-6-1
Use props
iSkyUnmannedSystems
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7152087 ft
  • >>>

*Coming Soon (2019)
2018-6-1
Use props
fans05e80169
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Rob W Posted at 2018-6-1 01:39
@DJI, @ DJI Mindy

And see to it to release it for All Inspire 2's having paid for CinemaDNG/ProRes - without restrictions. X5S users who have paid for the Apple ProRes license have all the rights to have ProRes RAW, because they too have paid for the license - not only X7 users.

if they activate raw  for the x5s i will immediate buy a licence too for the moment i see not the need
2018-6-1
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

fans05e80169 Posted at 2018-6-1 22:24
if they activate raw  for the x5s i will immediate buy a licence too for the moment i see not the need

It should be activated for users who have bought the CinemaDNG/ProRes license regardless camera. DJI have an agreement with Apple to use ProRes with their Inspire 2 drone.  See the web page here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT200321

Where it says that it is authorized to:
DJI
* CineLight
* Inspire 2

It is not camera specific, it is drone specific. We who have bought the CinemaDNG/ProRes license pay Apple (via DJI) for having the right to use Apple ProRes. Apple have updated their ProRes functions. We have all the right to use the full extent of ProRes on our authorized Inspire 2 as we have paid for the product already - Yes, even if we have the X5s.

There's also no hardware issue related to this that DJI can blame on. The X5s is fully capable of using ProRes RAW with 12-bit RAW. Cameras with 10-bit can also use ProRes RAW, but of course it will only record in 10-bit then.

If DJI thinks that they can deny X5s users ProRes RAW (even if they have paid the same amount for the exact same license as X7 users), just  to make X7 users feel like they are getting more, I think they could go into a legal battle.
2018-6-1
Use props
MotionInFilm
lvl.1

I only purchased the ProRes key for my X7 as I wanted to wait until later to get the CinemaDNG license. Will I be able to get ProRes Raw if I have only the ProRes license?

BTW, I've been shooting some ProRes Raw test footage with my FS5 and it looks awesome. Super flexible in post!
2018-6-3
Use props
flyingfun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2551998 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Rob W Posted at 2018-6-1 23:51
It should be activated for users who have bought the CinemaDNG/ProRes license regardless camera. DJI have an agreement with Apple to use ProRes with their Inspire 2 drone.  See the web page here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT200321

in the specs of the x5s camera ...

Video Formats        RAW,ProRes,MOV,MP4
2018-6-3
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

flyingfun Posted at 2018-6-3 11:34
in the specs of the x5s camera ...

Video Formats        RAW,ProRes,MOV,MP4

It's the CineCore image processing system that handles the recording. With a license key, you activate the features available in CineCore, for instance, ProRes. It is not tied to the camera itself.

However, DJI marketed ProRes RAW only for the X7 camera and said it would not be available for X5S. Which is wrong from all perspectives, as the license is tied to your Inspire 2 and the CineCore, not to the camera. X5S users who have paid for ProRes, have thus all the rights to benefit from ProRes RAW as X7 users, as it is in fact the CineCore system - not the camera, that is updated. So if you own a X5S camera and paid for ProRes, you have the right to have ProRes RAW.
Camera sends image to CineCore -> CineCore checks license, saves image to SD or SSD in the fileformat you chose.

https://www.dji.com/service/inspire-2-license-key

2018-6-3
Use props
Andie_Moepse
lvl.1

Rob W Posted at 2018-6-1 23:51

Arrogant sense of entitlement much?

Legal battle… LOL!!! Take your meds, dude. You clearly have ZERO clue how EULAs (or technology) work(s). Learn to read, then we'll see about some LEGAL BATTLE…
2018-6-10
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Andie_Moepse Posted at 2018-6-10 23:18
Arrogant sense of entitlement much?

Legal battle… LOL!!! Take your meds, dude. You clearly have ZERO clue how EULAs (or technology) work(s). Learn to read, then we'll see about some LEGAL BATTLE…

Arrogant, me? No, if someone is arrogant it is you. Also writing that I should take my meds, and I can't read? What age are you? Well, you are reported.
2018-6-11
Use props
lvl.4

So, is this delayed for another month? What's the deal? Will we ever see this?
2018-6-29
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Patience, my son, patience. How bout we just imagine for now that DJI is taking the time to get the software right, if only to avoid weeks of abuse for putting it out “not ready”. My guess is there are people out there testing it right now, and that it’s “not ready”. (Do you think they would delay it for a minute if it was “ready”?) And support isn’t going to know when it’s going to drop until they get the ok from engineering, as you’ve never seen them give an answered more precise than “soon”, “later this month”, or “at the next update”.  
2018-7-2
Use props
Dansker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1930873 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any update on when prores raw is coming? We were told end of May, and then end of June. Now it's July.
2018-7-4
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Last time I heard from DJI, it was scheduled for July (which it is now). But I don't know more exactly when in July they have planned the release.
2018-7-5
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

There seems to be a beta being tested outside of dji  now.
Hopefully they really test it well so we get a decent release.  One of the problems will be that only FCPX users will be able to test ProRes Raw as its still the only editing tool that can work with it.

Hey DJI let me know if you need help with interface and flight tests ;)
2018-7-5
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Coyut Posted at 2018-7-5 22:43
Hopefully they really test it well so we get a decent release.  One of the problems will be that only FCPX users will be able to test ProRes Raw as its still the only editing tool that can work with it.

Where did you here it’s been beta tested?
2018-7-6
Use props
jdmagoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Coyut Posted at 2018-7-5 22:43
Hopefully they really test it well so we get a decent release.  One of the problems will be that only FCPX users will be able to test ProRes Raw as its still the only editing tool that can work with it.

2018-7-6
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

jdmagoo Posted at 2018-7-6 01:21

Those who are beta testers have had access to it. I've run it awhile, but the last beta gave me problems. Better they make a good firmware, and it gets released later, then prematurely send it out a bad firmware that cause severe issues.
2018-7-6
Use props
Andrei69
lvl.1

Can anybody clarify which license key you need for ProRes RAW? the Apple one or CinemaDNG ? This will help me decide which one to get. Thanks in advance.
2018-8-12
Use props
Mad_Angler1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andrei69 Posted at 2018-8-12 04:01
Can anybody clarify which license key you need for ProRes RAW? the Apple one or CinemaDNG ? This will help me decide which one to get. Thanks in advance.

Cine DNG Licence
2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules